August 2015 Moms
Options

Taking Xanex while pregnant?

to my a long story short, my husband received orders for us to move to England. I will be around 30-33 weeks depending on when our flight gets booked. I haven't flown on a plane and I get anxiety attacks just thinking about it and I know I'll be freaking out the whole time. Also, I read international guidelines on most of the flights and after 27 weeks they require a quick medical examination which I'm sure will be questions and vital signs. I've had a history of high blood pressure and it easily spiked with my first pregnancy so I'm afraid me freaking out about flying will raise it to an unsafe amount and they will deny my travel. Does anyone know from knowledge or experience about taking xanex while pregnant? It's on my medication safe list but so are a few things my doctor told me were no nos my last pregnancy

Re: Taking Xanex while pregnant?

• Options
    I wouldn't take Xanax while pg. maybe talk to your OB and see if there is an alternative.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wells2010 said:

I wouldn't take Xanax while pg. maybe talk to your OB and see if there is an alternative.

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nope, I wouldn't
  • Options
    If I'm aloud to fly we already have plane tickets for Jamaica in May. I hate take off and normally have to take something. I will have to discuss with my ob if I can go and what other options I might have. Good luck to you.
    "One Love, One Heart, One Destiny" - Bob Marley

"Louie & Irie -  Fur Babies Adopted 02/16/13 & 5/23/13"

August 15 January Challenge - Mean Girls

• Options
    I would talk to your doctor about it, obviously, but I believe Benadryl is safe for use during pregnancy and can be used as an anxiolytic, so maybe that's a possibility.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't take it. Talk to your doc about an alternative. GL!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I have been taking Benadryl for 10 years for insomnia (not that it really works) but I'll ask the doc about that and other options!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"