June 2015 Moms
Options

Itchy!!! Boobs and belly

help! I'm so itchy!im 12 wks and I'm sure it's bc of hormones and everything getting bigger but it's so bad I can't stand it. I never had this with my first. Sometimes lotion helps or something cold. I've read about bio-oil helping. Has anyone used it? Or do you have any suggestions for itch relief? Please help!!

Re: Itchy!!! Boobs and belly

• Options
    I use Bio-oil, palmer's cocoa butter and almond oil to aliviate the itchiness, twice a day. Stay hydrated and moisturize regularly!
    Me 29 DH 38
    Married 07.01.2011
    TTC #1 BFP 09.28.2014 EDD 06.07.2014
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I itch all over... it is so annoying. I am blaming it on dry skin ( I have also been getting rashes off and on). In your case, since it is your breast and stomach.. it probably is because of growing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so itchy! And my face is so dry! I know it's dry in southern cal right now but I have never been so bad I am so itchy on my belly too so weird I have been using coco butter I think I need a better one.
  • Options
    Drink lots of water.

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• Options
    sannanassannanas member
    edited November 2014
    It's cause your skin is stretching as you're growing & staying hydrated will help. I had a bad itch. Drink heaps of water and I can't recommend organic coconut oil more than anything else. All natural, will keep your skin moist and also helps preventing stretch marks. Use it for your baby later on instead of oils/lotions & baby powder (too many additives & weird stuff in them) Problem with lotions is that most of them contain plenty of water which will make your skin more dry, palmers coconut butter contains Palm oil which is, well just crap for the environment & the orangutans. Order one of those 2kg tubs of organic virgin coconut oil online for about $50 & it will last for ages! And it's good for cooking ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"