March 2015 Moms
Options

Food Hangover Friday (randoms)

Hah, I love that we're all late this morning!

How is everyone feeling from all that food?  I'm sore all over and feel kinda hungover myself.  I  have to go to work today, and I'm going to show up all:

On the plus side, I had the BEST dream last night!  I was visiting Japan, and wanted to try one of their famous hot spring spas.  I accidentally chose one that gives you 'companions', and I spent a good long while in a hot tub with like 5 hot dudes.  Go me!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Food Hangover Friday (randoms)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just realized I never ate any pumpkin pie yesterday. And now I REALLY want pumpkin pie.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

February 2014 Moms Siggy Challenge... Turkeys

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Also we're watching the transsiberian orchestra special and the music is making me cry
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• Options
    @Chunkymonkeylvr‌ that is a shit ton of dishes.. I agree with pps either go back to bed or play the prego card for sure.

@jennypm‌ so sorry about your husband:( hopefully you guys will have an awesome dinner tonight!

AFM,
    I just got back from my first ever black Friday shopping! DS slept over my parents and SO had to work today so when he got up I went out to Jo Ann fabrics. I got stuff to make blankets for my DS and LO and enough stuff to make photo coasters for my parents, grandparents, in-laws and grand-in-laws. All for 30 bucks! I think I like this black Friday thing! Plus since I live in a small town I was legit the only one in the store. If I had more $$ and more energy I'd be out all day but I'm home already resting. Haha oh the joys..
  • Options
    I definitely overdid it yesterday with food. Everything was sooo good I just kept eating. Well the rest of the night I had horrible heartburn and felt nauseous so trying to sleep was hard. I'm tired but feeling better. It seriously feels like Sunday or something, my days are totally off. Pretty relieved I don't have to worry about work or school until Monday. I've been feeling like I'm supposed to be somewhere doing something, but I remind myself it's time to relax! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. :)
  • Options
    Damn. I just finished setting up my 2015 benefits and found If I wanted to set up short term disability for the birth in march, I would of had to set it up back in 2013. WHATTHEFUCK.

Welp, add me to the list of march mamas looking for extra work.
  • Options
    @ruemorgan‌ that makes no sense to me? Why would an insurance company require something so stupid
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• Options
    @jennypm I didn't get any leftovers, but I can send you a pumpkin bagel!

• Options
    @chilibeansm0m @mommyofkaylin Yeah, because I would have already had to have been enrolled before getting pregnant. I mean, it makes sense. But its so irritating because if you think about it then I would have had to enroll back in 2013 which just seems ridiculous. I'm about to call the short term disability line and see if they will offer ANYTHING.
  • Options
    RQuinlin said:

@janda426‌ The love it is because I commiserate. MH is the same way. He does "his" little projects no problem, but if I need him to help me do one or do it for me, I have to nag his butt off to get it done. It's irritating as all get out. I pick up shit while running errands and do other stuff for him all the time. He doesn't have to constantly whine to me get it done. Why should I have to nag him? I don't enjoy nagging. I actually really hate it, but sometimes it's the only thing that will get him to do it.

Yuuuup. And then I feel like the stereotypical "nagging wife" but I mean holy shit dude you know these things need to get done and not for ME even, just for the house. I'm not asking him to go run my personal errands, I'm reminding him of what our household needs done. Obviously the Christmas tree can wait but we have plans all weekend and I figured tonight would be a good night to do it. Whatever dude
  • Options
    janda426 said:

Am I the only one with a husband that thinks a typical household list of things to do is my personal request form for him? Like if I don't nag and nag about shit it just won't get done. I would LOVE if this never ending list of ours would just check itself off but it doesn't. He acts like he's doing me a favor or "doing things I wanna do" when we have a day full of errands. Good lord. I mean he is not lazy and definitely helps around here but the complainingggggg like holy shit just shut up for once! He thinks I just love having to go to the grocery store or Home Depot or to go pay a bill or get an oil change. GAH.

Today's annoyance is with me asking if he wants to decorate the tree tonight. All he had to say was no, but he's all like OMG without fail you're asking me to do shit again. I feel like if the only thing on the calendar today is sit on his ass from 9 am til 7 pm then decorate the tree with me for a little bit that would sound like a good day. I cannot win sometimes.

Absolutely in the same boat. He usually uses the, well it's my day off. To which I say, yes because I use my days off to sit around all day doing nothing. A fairy does the grocery shopping and cleaning and organizing the house for baby and bill paying and everything else that "magically" gets done.
    I've put him on garbage duty as well, and he is pretty good about it, as well as taking it to the street on trash day. There isn't much else I can get him to do regularly without me asking.
    We also have a few big things that need to be done on the house if we want to sell, which we do. I'm hoping his desire to move will get him moving on those few things.
    Engaged April 5, 2013
    Married August 16, 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    @Chunkymonkeylvr‌ is that untouched pie? Score!

@jennypm‌ I'm so sorry! My h is on call also but I'm lucky he hasn't had to go in.

Afm I spent the morning shopping. Got such cute stuff at gymboree for the lo and at destination maternity for me. I was determined to not buy a lot of maternity clothes but I've been feeling like a schlub at work and totally disregarding our business professional dress code. I think I'll be good now these last few months.

Not sure if we have talked about this before but how many outfits /sleepers make sense to have at each size? I need a reason to stop shopping.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My depression and anxiety did a complete 180 again. Im going to contact my OB and insurance about a therapist on Monday. I cant do this anymore, Ive never felt a depression so debilitating or one that gave me so many sudden breakdowns.

I knew about the crazy hormones before getting KU but I wish someone had told me how seriously it could effect my pre-existing depression. Adding that to the list of shit no one tells you.
  • Options
    @ruemorgan‌ Sorry you are dealing with that. Depression and anxiety can be so debilitating. It's good that you get something set up with a therapist now and are letting your OB know what is going on. Good luck and hopefully you can get some help and start to feel better.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    For my random I just woke up from a glorious nap! The past two days have really wore me out.

On Wednesday hubs let me know that he was feeling lonely because I had to work the holiday and we weren't doing anything so he invited his family over for dinner on thanksgiving. I like his family and I'm glad they came but holy last minute batman! Wtf! You couldn't figure this out earlier!

I had to work on Wednesday then come home and clean the entire house, work on Thursday and then they were there when I got home. Then I had to work again today. I was so tired today that I actually felt a little hungover. Ugh. So glad I have the next few days off.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @LionelBtchy‌ thanks for the support hun. Ive always just dealt with depression on my own, its scary and new to be in a place where I feel like I cant fix it myself anymore. I really hope it helps me to figure things out.
  • Options
    @ruemorgan‌ The important thing is you recognize the signs and get help as soon as you feel you need it. I hope talking to a therapist helps. Pregnancy brought a lot of things to the surface with my first and I let it go on way too long. I wish I had gotten help earlier so I'm glad for you that you're doing that now. Hugs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ruemorgan‌ it's totally okay to talk to a therapist. Years ago my anxiety took over and I felt like my negative thoughts were spiraling out of control and totally consuming me. I was ashamed to seek psychiatric help, but after just a few visits, he really helped me figure out a new thought path and how to stop the negative thoughts on their tracks. It was truly life changing. I hope you find the answers you need so that you can go on enjoying this pregnancy and life! Lots of creepy Internet hugs for you

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ruemorganruemorgan member
    edited November 2014
    Damn. I just finished setting up my 2015 benefits and found If I wanted to set up short term disability for the birth in march, I would of had to set it up back in 2013. WHATTHEFUCK. Welp, add me to the list of march mamas looking for extra work.
    No sense. STD isn't jut for moms having babies. What if you'd broken a leg and needed to use STD? Would ou still have had to sign up in 2013?

No, no. I could totally set up STD, break my leg and use it. But I cant enroll in STD now and use to toward the birth because my pregnancy is a pre-existing condition and the last enrollment period before I was pregnant was October 2013.

I totally get what they're saying. It just seems ridiculous when you do the math and realize I would of had to sign up back in 2013.

• Options
    @ruemorgan‌ i also have battles with depression and anxiety, so when I found out I was pregnant I went to my therapist first, I also have a lot of problems with my mom which has caused a fear of me becoming my mom which I don't want for my child but my SO tells me everyday the way I already act towards my little man there is no way I will be her! I'm thankful my depression had only popped up once or twice thru the pregnancy, and I'm almost 100% sure it's because I see my therapist monthly!
  • Options
    lawsonellislawsonellis member
    edited November 2014
    ruemorgan said:

ruemorgan said:

Damn. I just finished setting up my 2015 benefits and found If I wanted to set up short term disability for the birth in march, I would of had to set it up back in 2013. WHATTHEFUCK.

Welp, add me to the list of march mamas looking for extra work.

No sense. STD isn't jut for moms having babies. What if you'd broken a leg and needed to use STD? Would ou still have had to sign up in 2013?

No, no. I could totally set up STD, break my leg and use it. But I cant enroll in STD now and use to toward the birth because my pregnancy is a pre-existing condition and the last enrollment period before I was pregnant was October 2013.

I totally get what they're saying. It just seems ridiculous when you do the math and realize I would of had to sign up back in 2013.

~~quote fail~~

So what about 2014? October of 2013 seems like a LONG time ago. Don't you guys have annual open enrollments for benefit selection? If so, then could you sign up during you current open enrollment, then use it once baby is here?

Edit: quote fail
  • Options

Damn. I just finished setting up my 2015 benefits and found If I wanted to set up short term disability for the birth in march, I would of had to set it up back in 2013. WHATTHEFUCK. Welp, add me to the list of march mamas looking for extra work.

~~quote fail~~ So what about 2014? October of 2013 seems like a LONG time ago. Don't you guys have annual open enrollments for benefit selection? If so, then could you sign up during you current open enrollment, then use it once baby is here? Edit: quote fail

in October 2013 we were enrolling for the year of 2014.

so now in November 2014 we are enrolling for the year of 2015.

I tried to enroll but they said it wont be applicable towards paid maternity leave.

• Options
    @ruemorgan‌ that makes sense now that I think about it, but still, so icky! It's hard to know that you'll be pregnant over the course of the next year and to think to enroll for the year ahead. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"