November 2014 Moms
Options

Baby is coming! Update in OP. Update 2: baby is here!

edited November 2014 in November 2014 Moms
I don't have a labor buddy, so I'm posting for myself :-)
Water broke at 5AM, but wasn't sure it really happened until the test at the OB. In L&D now, but not really feeling like I'm in labor just yet, just crampy!
Really hoping to have my natural birth and praying that my body kicks into gear before they start discussing pitocin to get things moving.

Maybe I'll get lucky and have an 11/28 baby?!?!

Update: 9:50PM (detailed so I will remember!)
Well, birth plan is out the window, but everything is going well otherwise. Body did not get the memo that my water had broken, so pitocin was started at 2PM. Still wasn't feeling contractions for a while, but around 3PM things went south. The pitocin was definitely working, but I started having contractions on top of each other (much like transition) in addition to back labor that literally never let up. I wouldn't wish back labor on my worst enemy!!!! After about an hour and a half of this, I asked to be checked. If I wasn't making much progress, I would get the epidural.
Although it took them a while to find a good placement, the epidural was placed within 45 minutes of my request!! I was checked right before the Epi and was only at a 4 (100% effaced) so I knew I needed something because my body was clenched up so tight!
I was still a 4 right after the Epi, but in less than 30 minutes I was dilated to a 7!!!! The epidural is probably the only way I could have progressed much further than that.
My OB got the rest of the bag of waters out of the way, and we are hopeful I have the baby before 11/28 is over ;-)

Update 2:
Brian Robert Schroeder was born on November 29th, at 12:31AM. He weighs 6lbs 10oz, and I'll have to get the height later as they didn't do the measurements at the same time!
At 10pm I asked to be checked because I started feeling some pressure. My nurse said I was ready to push! We did a few practice pushes, just so I could get a feel for it with the epidural-- they still allowed me to choose when I pushed. My OB didn't come back until about 11, so that's when I truly started pushing. He said I would need to labor down, as baby was only a +1 station. He warned me that it was probably going to be at least 3-4 hours of pushing! Well, an hour later we had him back in the room because baby descended so fast. The pediatrician had to show up before I delivered (meconium scare) so we took it fairly slow, but in just 30 more minutes of pushing (90 altogether) our son entered the world!!!! I'm a ftm so none of the nurses or my OB thought it would happen as fast but it did :-)

So far so good with the meconium. We aren't too concerned anymore, we're just going to monitor him for any signs, as well as monitor both of us for infection since my water broke 19 1/2 hours before he was delivered.
Baby latched immediately, and will not be calm without at least part of my boob in his mouth--even while sleeping! We'll talk with the lactation consultant tomorrow as his mouth is tiny and his latch isn't deep enough. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing once we get a nipple shield!

The only sad part to this story is that I missed giving birth on 11/28 by just 31 minutes :-( it's okay though, because I already ordered my blueberry muffin for breakfast tomorrow ;-)

Re: Baby is coming! Update in OP. Update 2: baby is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"