High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD. .fasting numbers help!

My after meal numbers are perfectly fine. This is my 3rd baby and 3rd go around with GD. I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong/different this time. My cut off is 95 for fasting and my first two numbers have been 94 and 96. I'm worried. I have a fear of medicine because I was told it's so inconsistent. I feel like crap most of the time (13 weeks tomorrow) and I just don't think I could handle the dramatic lows and highs.

I found my old log from my last pregnancy and it appears that I appears tete cereal alot as a before bed snack. My numbers then were in the 70 ' s and 80's. Hardly a 90 to be seen. Do you guys have any tricks or tips that may help me?

I've also got a cough and I'm wondering if that's partly why my numbers have been higher.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: GD. .fasting numbers help!

• Options
    I was just recently released from testing this time because I am doing so good. But I noticed that if I had high fasting numbers it was because I ate something the night before with high carbs. (Like icecream at a dinner we attended ). But I was told no cereal bc of all the sugar and even carbs in the milk.

I eat a whole grain waffle with no sugar peanut butter or sugar free jello. Sometimes a granola bar. I was to keep my snacks at 15-30 carbs. But like I said, at night I would keep my carbs on the lower side so I wouldn't risk high fasting numbers.

But each pregnancy is different. I am doing better this time around than last time. In fact I wasn't getting enough sugar and mine would drop making me dizzy and light headed. So that is why they told me I ciuld try eating what I wanted and test every so often. I only have 7 weeks to go before LO gets here. Hopefully I can make it without having to test 4 times a day again.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    I've always been told the complete opposite of what you just said. My snacks are to be 2-3 carb choices and they said at bed time I could have whatever I wanted because your body needs to use those carbs so your liver doesn't start kicking out glucose over night. I HAVE to figure something out. It's so frustrating to have done so well the last two times and this time be diagnosed so early and be doing so bad. :( thank you for your reply!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hopefully you'll get it worked out. I know it is frustrating. Especially with the fear of being put on meds.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh and when I said 15-30 carbs...I meant grams of carbs which would be 1-2 actual carbs. Whoops. That was what my dietitian set me up on.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"