March 2012 Moms

NBR ..bloody TX earthquakes

We've had 5 earthquakes since the weekend... nothing major but still.. cut it out ..even Cali isn't having this many haha

If you gonna give us Cali Earthquakes I want the weather to go with it :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR ..bloody TX earthquakes

• That is crazy that you have had 5 since the weekend! How does your little guy do with them? It's been years since we had one here in Indiana.
  • Well they aren't large ones like I .. think the strongest was a 3.3 .. so he isn't bothered in the slightest LOL. This is the kid who slept in his car seat in the bathtub surrounded by pillows for 2 hours while we were under tornado watch as a baby... not much phases this kid  haha  

Drs Offices are about the only thing that freak him out and only once he gets into the examination rooms.. soon as he sees the table.. all hell breaks loose cos he thinks he is gonna get shots * rolleyes
  • Loading the player...
  • Earthquakes would freak me out. I'll take tornados any day.
  • Hell no.. I'd take a quake over a tornado in a heartbeat .. way I se eit.. a quake gonna rumble.. building might collapse.. you know that.. get in a safe area under stairs or  in a closet or somewhere that can create a pocket if it falls around you.

Tornado.. whole different story.. it's unpredictable, changes direction on a dime and  creates so much flying Debris that you aren't safe even in a tube or closet if it's something like a flying 2x2. We are in an upstairs apartment, luckily  we've only had a few of the Tornados  get close in the years I have been here.

One day when I am not busy chasing a rash infested monster and trying to cook and do housework, I will tell you about my conversation about Tornados I had with a colleague when I first moved to Texas lol...

Nope not me.. I'll take a quake any day

• I am not familiar with earthquakes but I think I'd choose it over a tornado. Tornadoes freak me out. The winds and debris with a tornado is what really scares me.
    We actually live in a house that stood through a tornado but had a fence corner post fly through it. When we resided it we could see where the hole was patched in the wood. It was nice to see our house withstood one, and can hopefully withstand another if ever need be.

@Wipz I am sorry your little man still has a rash. I hope he gets rid of it soon. Any idea yet if it was hiney or a bite? I just saw your other post about it. I had to take a bump hiatus for a week so I am getting caught up.
  • kaleb87 said:
    I am not familiar with earthquakes but I think I'd choose it over a tornado. Tornadoes freak me out. The winds and debris with a tornado is what really scares me. We actually live in a house that stood through a tornado but had a fence corner post fly through it. When we resided it we could see where the hole was patched in the wood. It was nice to see our house withstood one, and can hopefully withstand another if ever need be. @Wipz I am sorry your little man still has a rash. I hope he gets rid of it soon. Any idea yet if it was hiney or a bite? I just saw your other post about it. I had to take a bump hiatus for a week so I am getting caught up.
    Nope ..its still working through his system, the original rash site is looking tonnes better but it has spread to his shins, feet, arms , neck and face.. No other symptoms tho.. so we're just  having to sit it out unless something changes. I am 99.9 % sure it wasn't the honey..or his hiney haha although that did have a good size rash on it:P.. but I'd be more inclined to think viral than a bite at this point ..or maybe a secondary rash due to the steroids. The one on his shins is different to the one everywhere else.. most of it looks like prickly heat rash.. the shins are actually bumpy and start off skin tones and then go red.

Other than the itchies.. he is in fine form and don't let a Pedi kid you about antihistamine syrup making them drowsy.. OH HELL NO IT DIDN'T lol
  • Excited30 said:
    Stay safe friend. Small or not, 5 is too many for a weekend I'm.
    Always... these are small compared to the Cali ones I went through.. however this apartment complex is old  so the rumbling is more of a concern from that point of view.. so far no cracks I can see.  We're on a fault line here  but everyone is screaming about fracking again *rolleyes

It's been a crazy month between rashes and the academy and earthquakes...  I shall be glad when it all passes over and we get to the new year.. then all I have to worry about is  hubby being away from home for a month and being broke lol.. small potatos HAHA

• Yikes! Sorry! All we're getting in my part of TX is wind. Lots and lots of wind!

• Yikes! Sorry! All we're getting in my part of TX is wind. Lots and lots of wind!
    Yup we have had that too.. I think someone took a wrong turn.. this is not Kansas Toto!! LOL

We took the lil guy out for a walk this afternoon before eating, it was a beautiful sunny day and the temps were just right for a short stroll.  Poor guy has been going stir crazy... since this rash means no diapers, he hasn't been getting out much ...even a short walk round the apartment complex is like  WOOO HOOOO !!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"