TTC After a Loss

~~TTCAL Newbie Check In 11/25/14~~

2»

Re: ~~TTCAL Newbie Check In 11/25/14~~

• @rslh10‌ can I ask how long your bleeding lasted afterwards? I know all bodies are different but just a general idea will keep me sane
    Megan
  • @rslh10‌ can I ask how long your bleeding lasted afterwards? I know all bodies are different but just a general idea will keep me sane
    I started spotting brown on a Friday, spotted a little on Saturday, and Sunday night around 10pm I was cramping horribly and then started bright red bleeding. I had my loss at 5w6d and was given the MTX shot. I bled from 5/16- 5/22. 5/22 I passed the last large (golf ball) sized clot. All of my cramping was gone after that. I had a +opk on June 7th (So about 2 weeks later), and my AF started June 18th. You're right that everyone is different. I was cleared to TTC immediately , but I wish I would have waited. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey ladies!
      Not much new here.   I'm on CD4 so just waiting another week to start OPK's.  Only 2 1/2 weeks until my RE appointment!  It can't get here quick enough!
       It looks like my Thanksgiving plans are going to be ruined by snow.   We planned on going to my parents tomorrow and stay until Thursday but now they are calling for 6-10 inches of snow here so it looks like we may just go Thursday which is going to cause some tension in my family...BLAH.  Like the holidays won't be hard enough as it is.
  • king26 said:
    Hey ladies!
      Not much new here.   I'm on CD4 so just waiting another week to start OPK's.  Only 2 1/2 weeks until my RE appointment!  It can't get here quick enough!
       It looks like my Thanksgiving plans are going to be ruined by snow.   We planned on going to my parents tomorrow and stay until Thursday but now they are calling for 6-10 inches of snow here so it looks like we may just go Thursday which is going to cause some tension in my family...BLAH.  Like the holidays won't be hard enough as it is.
    Ugh sorry about the snow!!! I hope you enjoy your holiday anyway :) 
  • @rslh10 Nothing new here... I'm still waiting on AF. Sunday was 4 weeks so I'm hoping she will show soon so I can get back on the road to TTC again. My OB benched me for 2 normal cycles. Before I was temping sporadically and I used OPKs. I'm thinking of really trying to start temping after AF shows up to figure out my cycle... I do plan to use OPKs after I burn the bench. :)
    Me: 24 (hypothyroidism)
    DH:25
    Married June 2012 
    TTC September 2014
    BFP #1 October 17, 2014
    MC #1 October 26, 2014
    Benched 2 cycles (hoping to TTC January
    Off the bench as of Jan 2015
  • @rslh10 Nothing new here... I'm still waiting on AF. Sunday was 4 weeks so I'm hoping she will show soon so I can get back on the road to TTC again. My OB benched me for 2 normal cycles. Before I was temping sporadically and I used OPKs. I'm thinking of really trying to start temping after AF shows up to figure out my cycle... I do plan to use OPKs after I burn the bench. :)
    Come on AF! I hope she shows soon for you. I can say that temping has truly shown me what my body is doing. I really enjoy it! 
  • Thanks for the check-in @rslh10 :) 
    I'm feeling alright. At the moment I'm glad that we're having to TTA for the next few months. It will be good for DH and I to focus on our relationship without the pressure of trying for a baby
    I have an appointment on Monday with an OBGYN, and from there hopefully know what the next few months hold for testing. Once we're cleared to TTC, we'll probably just NTNP for a few months and see what happens. 

QOTW: Canadian here, so my Thanksgiving was last month. No black Friday shopping for me, although the last few years Canadian stores have been starting to hold "black Friday sales". The deals aren't' that great though. 

For Christmas, I'm most looking forward to spending time with family and having something fun and happy to focus on. 
    I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling good. When we're in a good "head space" after a loss I think it really helps. I think it also makes it a little easier to understand why were benched, and that it's not necessarily a bad thing doe a few cycles. Let that body heal! :) ((hugs)) hope the appt goes well.
  • Newbie here with a first time checking in! I'm not cleared for sex yet. I think about a week to go. We'll see. We have MFI so we'll be heading back to the RE as soon as AF shows...who knows when that will be. But the optimist in me thinks that H and I should still have all the sex, just in case there's 1...just 1 that decides to make the journey. Emotionally, I've been venturing out more. Went shopping today. And only cried a few times. 1 time was when the lady called about my early scan appointment I'd totally forgot about. Oops that triggered me hard. And I can't get prepping for baby out of my mind even though I have no baby to prep for. It's quite confusing. I hope that by the time I can head to the RE I'm doing much better. QOTW: going to the inlaws in the mountains. I will take full advantage of everyone not wanting me to lift a finger. I'm not cooking a thing. I'm ready for the fresh air and good food.
    You do mean after you're cleared right ;) Welcome to the check in, and i'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about the optimist in you. I have that feeling currently. I keep thinking, well hey, why not just give it the ol' college try, whats the worst that could happen! (I get a BFN and ugly cry, but hey!)  I am so sorry about the triggers. They sometimes come from the most random things, too. ((HUGS))
  • Hello @rslh10!

So for right now, no Lovenox, because while my PT/INR is still fluctuating, it is doing so to a much lesser degree.  My hematologist is instead just altering my dose slightly each week to see if we can get it in therapeutic range with just that. And I am absolutely thrilled to say that I am on CD 28 and getting cramps, so looks like this cycle was a little more normal for me.  If the next one goes the same way, bench is burned!

QOTW - we are celebrating, and it looks like we are starting today!  Apparently we have some winter weather coming through, so the state decided to close down courts early, so I'm getting out of work at 12:30.  I am going to go home, crank some music, bake some pies, and drink some wine.  Tomorrow, we are going to my ILs' ILs house first, then to my parents.  Friday I think will just be a nice day of sleeping in and relaxing, if we do go shopping, it'll be later in the day (which we did last year).

I'm happy to hear that you may be able to just use the current meds to control things. ((hugs)) I hope it all works out for you. Also, YES for cramps! Come on normal cycle!! :D Enjoy your Thanksgiving :D 
  • @rslh10 thank you for the checkin! AF did come so that is good news for the future even though I wasn't overjoyed to see her.

QOTW:  My DH and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family and my mothers extended family down near Tallahassee, Florida.  I'm excited to see everyone especially my grandma, she's 87 now!  Suprisingly, I'm pretty much done with all of my Christmas shopping already this year.  I have to get it done early because I ship half of it up north to my in-laws and don't want to wait until last minute.  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with lots of turkey 
    :-*
    Me: 26 DH:28
    TTC - Sept 2014
    # 1 BFP - October 5, 2014 EDD June 5, 2015 CP - October 14, 2014

TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animal Interactions in the Snow
  • rslh10 said:

@rslh10 Nothing new here... I'm still waiting on AF. Sunday was 4 weeks so I'm hoping she will show soon so I can get back on the road to TTC again. My OB benched me for 2 normal cycles. Before I was temping sporadically and I used OPKs. I'm thinking of really trying to start temping after AF shows up to figure out my cycle... I do plan to use OPKs after I burn the bench. :)

Come on AF! I hope she shows soon for you. I can say that temping has truly shown me what my body is doing. I really enjoy it! 

I would love to have that knowledge too. My cycles were really wonky before I started birth control and I haven't had a regular cycle since going off it. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism while I was on BC so I'm hoping that maybe that's why they were so unpredictable before...
    Me: 24 (hypothyroidism)
    DH:25
    Married June 2012 
    TTC September 2014
    BFP #1 October 17, 2014
    MC #1 October 26, 2014
    Benched 2 cycles (hoping to TTC January
    Off the bench as of Jan 2015
  • @rslh10 thank you for the checkin! AF did come so that is good news for the future even though I wasn't overjoyed to see her.

QOTW:  My DH and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family and my mothers extended family down near Tallahassee, Florida.  I'm excited to see everyone especially my grandma, she's 87 now!  Suprisingly, I'm pretty much done with all of my Christmas shopping already this year.  I have to get it done early because I ship half of it up north to my in-laws and don't want to wait until last minute.  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with lots of turkey 
    :-*
    Stinkin AF. Sorry she came, but that's good news moving forward. I hope you enjoy your thanksgiving! :)
  • @scubadiva30 I think that NTNP really takes the stress off. Take some time to enjoy your H, and the holidays. Hope you have a great thanksgiving! :D

also, bills suck. always. ((hugs))
  • I'm just waiting for this part to be over. The doctor did call yesterday and say that she'll have me come in for an ultrasound to make sure everything has cleared once the bleeding has stopped. I'm glad they will checking that out. The first nurse I talked to didn't mention anything about that. I just don't know what to think about these days. I've was thinking baby and pregnancy stuff non stop for 5 weeks straight, followed by limbo land for 1.5 weeks when they couldn't find the baby on the u/s, and then we started to miscarry. At least the loss isn't on my mind constantly any more, but I'm a person that likes to look to the future a lot, and it is hard to guess when we can ttc again. We have clearance to in two cycles, and I get to count this cycle, but from what I've heard, those cycles can be really wonky. Trying to make health insurance choices for next year, and we're trying to decide whether to assume we'll get pregnant again (we got pregnant very quickly when we ttc the first time) and go up a level on health insurance and out a bunch away in our flexible savings account or to just go with what we did this year. For thanksgiving we will hit my folks here in town tomorrow and go to tiny town KS (four hours away) for my IL. We'll be driving back the same day, so that should be fun!
    Me: 33, DH: 32  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm just waiting for this part to be over. The doctor did call yesterday and say that she'll have me come in for an ultrasound to make sure everything has cleared once the bleeding has stopped. I'm glad they will checking that out. The first nurse I talked to didn't mention anything about that. I just don't know what to think about these days. I've was thinking baby and pregnancy stuff non stop for 5 weeks straight, followed by limbo land for 1.5 weeks when they couldn't find the baby on the u/s, and then we started to miscarry. At least the loss isn't on my mind constantly any more, but I'm a person that likes to look to the future a lot, and it is hard to guess when we can ttc again. We have clearance to in two cycles, and I get to count this cycle, but from what I've heard, those cycles can be really wonky. Trying to make health insurance choices for next year, and we're trying to decide whether to assume we'll get pregnant again (we got pregnant very quickly when we ttc the first time) and go up a level on health insurance and out a bunch away in our flexible savings account or to just go with what we did this year.

For thanksgiving we will hit my folks here in town tomorrow and go to tiny town KS (four hours away) for my IL. We'll be driving back the same day, so that should be fun!

I'm so sorry you have a lot on your plate on top of the emotions. Your feelings are normal. It can often be overwhelming. ((Hugs)) I hope that you feel better soon, and get things figured out.
  • scubadiva30 good luck to you this cycle as well!  I hope NTNP makes it less stressful for you.  The bills certainly just feel like insult to injury, don't they?

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• @scubadiva30 bills do suck! I'm still getting bills from doctors at the hospital and it's been two and a half months.
    TTC since August 2013 BFP #1 1/15/14...MMC 2/24/14...D&C 3/3/14 BFP #2 5/11/14 ... severe pre-e placental abruption our angel born sleeping at 22 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"