January 2014 Moms
Options

Turkey Day, Black Friday, Weekend plans

What does everyone have going on?

Re: Turkey Day, Black Friday, Weekend plans

• Options

Mom and stepdad fly in tomorrow (from WI to us in NC). Thursday we drive about 90 min to DH's grandma's house to spend with his family.

Rest of the weekend is relaxing with my mom and stepdad! No big plans, no Black Friday shopping...just hanging out, eating good, and playing with DD. SO EXCITED :)

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    I'm off tomorrow and Friday because daycare is closed.

Tomorrow someone is coming to scope our drains because we may have a broken sewer line, FML.

Turkey day is at the in-laws and I'm not that excited because the food won't be very good (think Stove Top stuffing). MIL won't let me bring anything so we just bring wine and I drink most of it myself.

The only Black Friday shopping I will be doing is online, although MIL wants to take us to buy a Christmas dress for DD this weekend so I guess I will have to step foot in a store at some point.

I also need to somehow make my basement into a guest room for my brother when he's here for a week at Christmas because the old guest room is now DDs room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanksgiving we will be going 5 minutes down the road to my IL's to eat. Then later the kids and I are going to spend the night at my mom's house so I can go shopping Friday morning when I wake up.

Saturday DH and I will be attending our friends funeral.

Sunday I will be photographing somebody's Christmas pictures and hopefully start to edit them.
  • Options
    MrsW062610 Another Wisconsinite! 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Thursday - dinner at ILs with both of our families
    Friday - work all day till 10pm. Working for a major retailer on Black Friday is a boatload of fun!
    Saturday - mom wants to take me and my sister show shopping. Really, mom? Super nice of you but the date couldn't be worse. 
    Sunday - hoping for some peace and quiet but unlikely. 

imageimage

• Options

Yup! Grew up there and moved to NC for college. My family still lives there and I make it back to visit about twice a year!

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    MrsW062610 Where abouts? The most important thing: do you miss cheese curds? All I heard from SILs that now live in NYC is that they miss custard and cheese curds. And Packers. 

imageimage

• Options
    Thursday - Turkey and everything thing else that can possible go with turkey at my aunt's house
    Friday - Black Friday shopping with my sister and girl cousins.  I don't know if there is much that I am looking for that is part of the great deals, but I have fun nonetheless :) 
    Saturday - rest!
    Sunday- go to the mountains to cut down a Christmas tree and decorate for Christmas! 
  • Options
    chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited November 2014

Are u a Wisconsinite??
    I am but now reside in Minneapolis. But born and raised.
    ETA:: @SvedkaStoli‌ where U at??
  • Options
    chicki1012 

Brew City, North Shore, to be more exact. 

imageimage

• Options

chicki1012 

Brew City, North Shore, to be more exact. 
    Noooo way!!! I grew up in Sheboygan but went to school and lived in brew city for 4 years before I moved up here to Minneapolis. Small world hey?!?

• Options
    Grandma's for turk day and we are going to try to Gerry stuff done around the house this weekend. I will prob online shop Thursday night. I found good deals last year.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    I am not usually a black Friday shopper, but there are some good deals online (car seat and cloth diapers) that I might give in to.

Good luck and safe travels to all of you traveling with your babies!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
    I'm off tomorrow bc DS is out of school. I'm taking the kids to brunch and then snuggling and playing at home for the rest of the day. Headed to the inlaws Thursday morning. It's about a 3 hour drive normally but I35 holiday traffic is brutal. We are leaving super early in the hopes we can avoid it. We will do the same Sunday when we head home. I don't mind visiting their inlaws but DH and I split up with the kids so I miss sleeping with him. And I never sleep well bc their house is sooooo hot. They are great hosts though. I'm done Christmas shopping so I won't be messing with that.

• Options
    mommabird77mommabird77 member
    edited November 2014
    @mamatoosh, I live in upstate NY near the Vermont/Massachusetts boarder :)  Wonder if you are close?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    On Thursday we are going to my grandparents for Thanksgiving around 2.  On Friday I am getting up at 4ish and doing some black Friday shopping, then home to make a bunch of desserts for our second Thanksgiving on Saturday.  Saturday we do Thanksgiving at my mom's house with our whole family.  It is going to be a ton of eating :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Options
    Travel safe Mamas! Happy Thanksgiving from the North :)
  • Options
    Well, our plan has been to head up to my parents today (2.5hr drive), decorate a tree with my oldest brother's kids, then tomorrow am have "Christmas morning" when my second brother shows up with his kids. Big brunch after presents and turkey dinner early evening.
    It will be the first time dd meets the oldest's kids, and the first time we've all been together since dd was born. I've been helping my mom plan and prep for this for a month now...Last night at 5pm my second brother texts to ask "what happen if my kids have had headcolds for the last 3 weeks?"...
    Now Dh and I are avoiding having to decide how to handle it. Dd just got over a cold, its a small house, and they aren't kids that are going to do well keeping their germs to themselves (they will be 5 &7 next month).
    Choosing between special once in a blue moon family events and potential hospital stays sucks! Oh and I have the turkey...

Ugh sorry that turned into an aw/ whine!

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    Whoops! Sorry for the post and run! No worries @mamatoosh! And thanks for remembering @danaadell‌ :)

We decided to go and play it by ear, Mimi is armed with germx, clorox wipes and wet ones. Adults are prepared to be super diligent, kids have been spoken to, and will be reminded lots. The sickies won't be there till tomorrow sometime anyways. We'll leave if it starts making us nervous. Which will be tough 'cause dh will be ready to leave long before I will when it comes to when this risk is too much.

@mrspadfoot, I agree it is a great opportunity. I just wish we'd had more notice, and that my bro and his wife parented in such a way that teaching the kids would be effective and stick. I totally expect them to be scared if dd now...

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"