March 2015 Moms
Options

Calling all bakers;) NBR

Morning everyone;) I've been tapped to make a cheesecake for thanksgiving and I am freaking out with nerves but also excited for the challenge. I've checked out recipe websites but I'm hesitant because I have no way to know if it'll be good. Any women talented in the kitchen care to share a tried and true recipe? I'll forever be at your service;) As for everyone else, what dish are you a master of?
autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg

Re: Calling all bakers;) NBR

• Options
    Don't have a cheesecake recipe but I make the best chocolate chip cookies, if you need a recipe for that :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty good with yeasty breads, personally.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My aunt is the cheesecake queen. Regardless of recipe, her secret is to put a dish of water (oven safe dish) in the oven with the cheesecake when you bake it. This helps prevent the typical crack that you get across the top of a cheesecake. 
  • Options
    During the holidays I make a pumpkin pie cheesecake. I am not a fan of pumpkin pie, but the cheesecake part of it changes the consistency and it is amazing. 

Also, during the holidays I make home made toffee. I am "not allowed" at my cousins for Christmas eve without my entrance fee of a plate of toffee :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one intimidated by cheesecake. I made it for the first time last night, and I made mini nutella cheesecakes with Oreo crust. If no one else likes them I will have no problem taking care of them myself :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can you make a trial run of one before you make it for Thanksgiving? I've made a couple before and they're not as hard as they sound. 

I love to make bread and came across this one No Knead Bread. Seriously the easiest recipe ever. I like to make others too but this is my husbands absolute favorite and it comes out of the oven looking like I slaved all day over it :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    chaysefaithchaysefaith member
    edited November 2014
    Oh damn, I read this last night and meant to go get my tried and true recipe for you.  I will get it shortly.  In the mean time, you can drool over it ;)

• Options
    chaysefaithchaysefaith member
    edited November 2014
    Ingredients:

Crust:
    3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
    3 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
    4 packes (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    4 eggs, lightly beaten

1.  In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs and butter.  Press into bottom of a greased 10in. springform pan.

2.  In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Add the sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla; beat well.  Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.  Spoon over crust.  Place pan on a baking sheet.

3.  Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.  Remove from the oven; cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.  Refrigerate over night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"