Single Parents
Options

Needing Reassurance

Hello everyone! I am currently 17 weeks pregnant. About six weeks ago, I escaped the domestic violence situation that I was trapped in. Following the last incident, I made arrangements to move back home with my family. My husband threatened suicide when I told him I was leaving, and followed through but failed. I know that I deserve better and that my baby deserves a safe and happy home. I need reassurance from people with experience that I really can do this alone. I love my baby and want the very best for him.

Re: Needing Reassurance

• Options
    First things first. Good for you for getting yourself of an abusive situation. Its hard to do but thats what is best.

Secondly, yes you can do this. Its really hard. But its worth it.

Finally i recomend counceling. It will help you heal, and help you be in a better place mentally and emotionally.
  • Options
    @MinnesotaMomma91‌
    Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it. Even though it seems like an obvious choice to leave, it was still very hard. Fortunately I have seen a therapist. Thank you for your reassurance and kind words.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its hard to leave an abusive relationship, im glad you were strong enough to do so.
  • Options
    @becwheat‌ thank you! Fortunately everything with the attempt is on file. A police report was filed, and his hospital stay was monitored for 48 hours before he was sent to a psychiatric facility. I have been so overwhelmed that I haven't even thought of legal custody yet. Thanks for your response!
  • Options

I left an abusive relationship when I was pregnant with my DS about 10 years ago.  It was the hardest thing to do and still a challenge to co-parent with someone as horrible as he is.  You did what is right and you got out.  Please remember that you are NOT responsible for anything your ex does, did, or will do.  Do not, DO NOT, please do not go back.  Please feel free to PM me to talk if you need to.  I was a single mom for 7 years you can absolutely do this by yourself.  Lean on your family for support and speak to a therapist or join a support group.  The ladies on this board are wonderful and supportive.  The have a myriad of backgrounds and great advice. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @acbarbour‌ I'm so glad you were able to leave. Thanks for your encouragement. I can't imagine going back after what he has done to me. I appreciate your kind words.
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope everything progresses normally there. 

*hugs* This is a difficult situation and I'm proud of you for taking the necessary steps to stay healthy, happy and safe. Please continue to be smart and don't let anyone make you feel bad for doing you. :)

You can do this, and we'll be here to help. These women have already been a huge blessing to me. Please keep us updated!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    27 weeks pregnant here and single! I did not leave an abusive relationship, but being pregnant and alone is hard especially with the holidays coming! When I get to overthinking I just think of my little babe :) I'm so proud of you for making the brave and right decision to take yourself and unborn child out of the bad situation. I wish you nothing but the best and I'll pray you have the strength and support to get through this <3 you deserve to be happy and so does your LO.
  • Options
    @ST3WD‌ thank you! My pregnancy is going well and the baby is very healthy. I had a great appointment today. I appreciate your response. I will be sure to continue with updates, and I am so thankful for your kindness.
  • Options
    @xooemilyrose‌ You are so right, being pregnant without a partner is really hard at times. Fortunately I have help from family, but at times it feels like something's missing. I stay sane by reminding myself that soon I will have a precious baby in my arms. Thank you for the kind thoughts and prayers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"