August 2014 Moms
Options

When will you try for more?

2»

Re: When will you try for more?

• Options
    Not sure if we will have another yet...I think we will, but we wouldn't try until DS is at least 4 and SD I'm middle school. We already had a pregnancy scare this last month and that was terrifying....especially because the last scare was DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    When I finish nursing school, and can talk DH into it again :)
    By then both my kiddos will be in school.
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my period returns hopefully we'll start trying for #3. With DD that wasn't until she was 14 months old but so far DS is a better sleeper so it might be sooner.
  • Options
    I'm old, so if we try for #2 we'll begin in February when I'm six months post partum. We're still on the fence.
  • Options
    We're hoping to make it to June. I don't have much time to take off and really hope next baby will cooperate as far as the school year goes.
  • Options
    We have decided after this one is out of diapers. I had to have a very expensive injections everyday to get miss Olivia here.
  • Options
    jenniferursjenniferurs member
    edited November 2014
    So I have a very serious question. How long post c-section would I have to wait for my uterus not to explode?
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    I would like to start trying for number 2 when DS is a year old but I want to move to a bigger house before then so there is a good chance it will go longer than that.
  • Options
    I think we will try around when she's 2. Not really preventing now (bf though so no period yet) so we will see. My SIL just announced that she's expecting her third and my initial reaction was jealousy!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    @jenniferurs My OB recommended a year.
  • Options

@jenniferurs My OB recommended a year.

Mine too.

• Options
    Camp OAD, we're in our mid to late 30s & the NB stage was rough, especially on SO. And now that I'm back at work F/T, it's really exhausting.
  • Options
    If we decide we want another, I'd like to wait until he's a year before we start trying. I'm not sure if I want to share myself with two though because I like DS so much! I'm also saving up to work part-time, but I don't think that will happen until 2020 when we have our gigantic student loans paid off. :( I'll be 30 in June though so we kind of need to make a decision.

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• Options
    We are done. Turns out my uterus had not healed well from my first csection and I had a HUGE window when they went in to get DS2. My doctor strongly advised me against having any more children. Fortunately, we had pretty much settled on only having two and had been 99% sure that I'd be getting my tubes done. So our plan didn't change, it just became VERY final. Our boys are 20 months apart. I got pregnant my first cycle after having DS1 (didn't cycle the entire 11 months I nursed him).
  • Options
    I have moments of insanity that miss meeting pregnant right now and want to try again.

But then I remember what is like having two babies at the same time and I want to wait. I doubt that we are done, we just aren't ready yet.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    OAD here. I can't imagine going through these first couple months again.
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
  • Options
    We are 2 and done. My boys ended up being 5 1/2 years apart, but we started trying when DS1 was 2. If we were younger perhaps another but we're 38 and 41.
  • Options
    Raclla said:

Two and done.

Everyone should go ahead and get KU now.
    Mine are 13 months apart and we're super happy about the timing.

Or this beer is making me loopy.....

Call me crazy, but I would love to have my LOs this close if I could.
  • Options
    Raclla said:
    Two and done. Everyone should go ahead and get KU now. Mine are 13 months apart and we're super happy about the timing. Or this beer is making me loopy.....
    I would love this -I think- but I am so scared of the risk of complications being increased. Were you worried about that at all or am I just nuts for thinking that?
  • Options
    We are super done!  I was on the fence about having another after #1.  Stupid worthless BC.  H got a V 4 weeks ago and I refuse to have sex with him until I KNOW he is sterile.  My luck some random swimmer would get loose and we would have 3 little crapbags in a 2 bedroom house.  It is a little tense around here with the lack of sex.
  • Options
    I'm probably just being paranoid, but I really feel like I'm pregnant.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    I'm done. There was a spilt second after we found out the gender that I thought maybe we could have one more. I grew up with three brothers and always wanted a sister so I really wanted that experience for DD. We can't afford to put three kids through college though and I don't want to pay for daycare for a third.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"