Single Parents
Options

Let's start with a rant, shall we? (Tuesday Randoms 11/18)

Got home from my doctor's appointment about an hour ago. 
Still fucking fuming, but my mom calmed me down a lot. 

I show up 5 minutes early, sign in, am called back within 15 minutes and have my weight/bp checked. 

Nurse: "What was your weight pre-pregnancy?"
Me: "Um, about 130."
Nurse: "Oh... Oh-kay."
Me: *looks down at scale, shows ONE SIXTY EIGHT POINT TWO* "That's not right!"
Nurse:
Me: "Seriously, at home I'm 155."
Nurse: "Mmmmm-hmmm. Follow me. Exam room 4."
Me:

Now at home I'll weigh myself on the same scale maybe once a week before a shower. I don't mind a doctor's scale being off 5 pounds or so, plus any bloating or extra weight I may be carrying. I know it varies and it isn't an exact science, but I feel like they should have factored in my variables since it was THIRTEEN pounds off. 
I was 130 on my home scale before pregnancy, and have remained consistent anytime I get on, including just now when I got home. I've gained about 22 pounds. Last time their scale was about 8 pounds off my measurements, which I didn't really question. I figured stress, bloating, constipation, or whatever would make it a few over plus that famous 5 pound gray area. 
But now I think it's a calibration error of almost 10 pounds. I explained this to the doctor when he got in the room. Since he didn't start seeing me as a patient until I was 20 weeks, his office doesn't have a record of pre-pregnancy/early pregnancy weight. They only have the number I gave them. I tried to explain to him the difference between the scales, and how if I had come in at 8 weeks or so, I probably would have measured in the 140s, not the 130s, showing a difference of a little over 20 pounds. 

Dr : "Now, you see that doesn't matter. Your pre-pregnancy weight was in the 130s, which means you have gained over 30 pounds. That's a red flag."
Me: "But if I've only shown about 20 pounds of growth at home, then it would probably be reflected here too. Last month it was almost 10 pounds off, but I didn't think anything of it." 
Dr: "No, dear, you're missing the math. 168 minus 134 is a weight gain of 34 pounds."
Me: "But I'm saying it would've been a higher starting number with your scale. If yours weighs me 10 pounds heavier, then 168 minus 144 is only a 24 pound gain."
Dr: "But, Ms.W----, your previous weight was 130."
Me: *blink blink* 

I had to face the fact he was NOT going to admit his office scale was calibrated differently, and he proceeded to lecture me for 20 minutes on how I need to be careful. More fruits and veggies, less fats, less processed foods, go walking more, add in manual chores like mopping, take the stairs... Not only everything I started doing to become healthy in the first place, but everything I've already been doing to ensure it stays under control. 

Can I just...
I've struggled to lose weight for a years. I finally hit my goal weight and size and was feeling fucking amazing and healthy. I've done so much work and research it would probably flabberghast you, doc. My GP was proud of me. There was no greater feeling than coming out of a doctors appointment without the note of "lose weight" on my chart. I made it. I did it for me. 
Now all my hard work has been torn to shreds by some asshat who wouldn't listen to reason when I explained why I was wasn't too concerned. I understand it's his job to make sure me and baby stay healthy. I understand he gets hormonal women in there all time who have to have "you're getting too big" explained to them. I want this to be a team effort and for us to have an understanding, but today he seemed unwilling to partner together. He's not my first pick for OB, but between my insurance fiasco and everything going on with my dad/his disability hearings, I can't afford to change practices. 
He also decided to "officially change my EDD" to 2/27. It's 6 days difference from 3/4, but he prefers to use the LMP over the sizing in the sonograms. 
I'm going to stick it out and hope this was a bad day or a fluke visit, but I don't feel like doing anything. I'm not going to walk today, not going to clean, nothing. I'm going to binge Burn Notice and cry until people get home. 

I finally did it. I was finally healthy in all the ways I wanted to be. 

Then he shredded me by not listening.

imageimage

On a positive note, Peanut is too big to really run away from the Doppler anymore, and the nurse let me listen to the nice, strong, loud heartbeat for a good 30 seconds while baby kicked like crazy. I'm going to think about that.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
imageimageimage

Re: Let's start with a rant, shall we? (Tuesday Randoms 11/18)

• Options
    I am currently binging on mcdonalds and cookies. My mom took b for the night. I might work out i might not.

I had the worst visit with a landlord today. She openly judged me being a single parent. She wouldnt listen while.i tried to explain that bd lives in oregon, he is uninvolved by his own choice. But this lady still kept questioning that.

This lady looked at me like im some dumb kid and tried to tell me im a booth renter(bitch im not if i were id be making a hell of a lot more money). And on top of that bf and i got into a stupid fight today and it left me feeling like this.

But i also feel like this.

But. I have this awesome job that makes me feel like this.

@St3wd im sorry you had a bad day at the doctors. Dont worry about it to much.
  • Options
    My adoptive mom heard I had a bad appointment and surprised me with Popeyes for dinner. She didn't know I was yelled at for my weight, and it made me really happy that someone just wanted to make me feel better. So now I'm crying good tears. I'm such a wimp. 

@MinnesotaMomma91 Fuck your landlady. She has one job: to discuss housing issues with you. No where does it say she gets to judge you. I hope you and your bf can work through the issue. It's never fun when you have an off-couple day. :(
    Also, when I saw your hug gif, I cried again. I think it might just be a weepy kind of day for me.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @St3wd im watching teen mom on netflix and its a guilty pleasure

I love that panda gif its so cute. Im not happy with bf and my best friend forever is making it worse by drudging up all the bad shit thats ever happened between him and i. Bf and i agreed to leave all the shit in the past and start fresh. Being reminded of a time when he was a mean drunk hurts because that guy isnt the guy im with now.

• Options
    There is this girl I work with who every time I see her... I feel like this:

And every time she talks to me about shit that doesn't matter, I want to say:

And this is how I feel this morning:

I must be PMSing... 

@minnesotamomma91 - Dude, landlords/landladies have NO PLACE to judge you about your situation, unless it effects your credit. I'd report her to the BBB.  Or call the building authority and complain that the apartments are not up to code.  They'll come out and whatever thing is wrong, no matter how minor, she will HAVE to fix it.  Fuck that bitch.

@st3wd  Docs think they know everything and will disregard something like that because anything they touch is "perfect".  Try not to let him get to you.  We saw your bump, you're not huge. Eat a bunch of ice cream.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @20Thirteen the shitty part is that they were really nice apartments that were not to expensive. But after being judged for being a young, single, mother i have no urge to rent from her.

I met with another land lord a few days ago who was nice and helpful and professional.
  • Options
    @Becwheat sending ovulation dust your way!
  • Options
    @becwheat-

Magical ovulation dust. ALL OF IT!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jellybean529jellybean529 member
    edited November 2014
    @becwheat ovulation dust!! I remember that wait...and then the two weeks after that. No fun! But you get some cute squish after all the waiting so that's totally worth it :)

@minnesotamomma91 I'm so sorry about the shitty landlady. She just lost a good tenant!

@st3wd Your doctor would have hated me. I started out pre pregnancy at 244 and gained...dum dum dum...SIXTY POUNDS before DD was born. And she's totally fine. And so am I (though I did have complications at the end). You're fine, you've got a super cute little bump and some doctors are just assholes. My OBGYN was one of them and after my baby was out his ass was fired. (Well not really, he had to retire due to medical issues of his own. Good riddance.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"