January 2015 Moms
Options

Which name is best? I can't decide

edited November 2014 in January 2015 Moms
so the boyfriend and I are up in the air on a name and I like them all however I want the right one and he doesn't like some of them but I don't want to feel like I have no say so over my son's name!!

Which name is best? I can't decide 119 votes

Brentley Drake
5% 6 votes
Lane Garrett
19% 23 votes
Tylen Cole
0% 1 vote
Abel Thomas
17% 21 votes
Landon Wyatt
40% 48 votes
Hayden Levi
16% 20 votes

Re: Which name is best? I can't decide

• Options
    I like Abel Thomas the best from your list, but of the individual names, I like Garrett and Thomas. Some of the other names sound made up to me or just are not my style. I tend to go for the more traditional names.
  • Options
    His is Tylen Cole however the baby will have my last name until marriage and my last name is Coles so Tylen Cole Coles doesn't sound right to me at all
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Please don't do Brantley or Tylen. They're made up names that will unfortunately do a big disservice to your child in his life. I like Hayden Levi the best.
  • Options
    I voted for Landon Wyatt.

I also love Abel. I personally might go with a different MN because it reminds me of Sons of Anarchy- Abel and Thomas are the names of the kids in that show.

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I like Lane Garret or Landon Wyatt.
  • Options
    It's not brantley lol Brent was my grandfathers name and lee was my other grandfathers name so that's how I came up with Brentley so that name has meaning to me
  • Options
    WTF is Tylen?
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    Obviously in minority here but I like brentley. And I normally hate made up names or spellings... and I love the sentiment behind it. 
  • Options
    Ok #1 my son's name doesn't determine "positive" things. The way he is raised and the way he acts determines "positive." And Tylen is the name my boyfriend picked out because it is "unique" (I don't necessarily like it). Brent lee Coles doesn't sound right to me but I done this poll as a way to see which one sounded best not to be told that the names wouldn't do positive things for my son
  • Options
    Oh and btw if it was brantley it must do pretty "positive" things as far as a name cause Brantley Gilbert sure has positive things going for him. But personally my favorite was Brentley Drake because of the meaning behind it
  • Options
    Yea I agree that asking random ppl on the internet your bound to get some opinions you may not like. (That's why I didn't ask ppl on a forum what they thought because I don't care, I just picked my babies names with DH) I say take the opinions as you would like and just go with the name you love and feels best to you.
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Options
    To me that shows they are confident in their decision and will be able to teach their child to be confident about his/her name.  If you can't handle internet strangers saying "hey, something to think about is that people get judged on their names" then you won't be able to handle people making fun of his name or putting his name down once he is actually here

Clearly I was just stating his name doesn't determine "positive" things about him, I love that name and am very confident and where I'm from thats the name almost everyone has said just taking a poll on what sounds right and technically I didn't ask for comments I asked for a poll not necessarily an explanation of why someone chose that name I'm thankful people are letting me know but no one should say it wouldn't benefit him positively. I know kids named Bentley and I know kids named Matthew, Bentley is a much more well behaved, "positive" kid than Matthew because of how he was raised.
  • Options
    peggels24peggels24 member
    edited November 2014

Oh and btw if it was brantley it must do pretty "positive" things as far as a name cause Brantley Gilbert sure has positive things going for him. But personally my favorite was Brentley Drake because of the meaning behind it

But you weren't asking about Brantley, were you?

Eta spelling
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Actually yes I would have because I just asked which is best, mainly I done this poll to see if even one person out there thought Tylen would be an ok name and with 0% I can now show him look Tylen isn't a good name for him because he is dead set on Tylen being the baby's name and I'm tired of switching names because I had lane Garrett as a first choice then switched it to Brentley Drake when my grandfather passed away then my boyfriend and I got together and we are engaged and if he is going to be there for the baby also I felt as though he should have a choice but this was to mainly show him it didn't sound right
  • Options

Brent Lee Coles doesn't sound right to you? You do realize Brentley Coles sounds exactly like Brent Lee Coles?

Brent Lee Coles and Brentley Drake Coles are two totally different names, Brent Lee Drake Coles would be exactly the same and he's not having 2 middle names. So yes I combined Brentlee but didn't like the spelling so Brentley is what I came up with
  • Options
    You could both pick a name. You could pick first name (Brentley) and he could pick middle name.

And you did ask for opinions. The thread title is "which name is best," not "just vote in my poll and no comments." Even if you had asked for no comments everyone would probably have still commented and offered opinions and suggestions. It's like a conversation in that regard.

• Options
    I did read all of them thanks though for your opinion :)
  • Options

Brent Lee Coles doesn't sound right to you? You do realize Brentley Coles sounds exactly like Brent Lee Coles?

Brent Lee Coles and Brentley Drake Coles are two totally different names, Brent Lee Drake Coles would be exactly the same and he's not having 2 middle names. So yes I combined Brentlee but didn't like the spelling so Brentley is what I came up with

You are so right. Two totally different names.

FWIW, I almost voted for Tylen because I misread it as Tyler

• Options
    You know, people don't have to be so rude about it. However, the "positive" statement kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I agree most judge on others names but that isn't always a bad judgement. I'm more likely to remember a "different" name than a common name, yes even looking through resumes. I do care about my son's name or I wouldn't have asked which was best. I also feel like people should take the year into consideration. We have boys named Ashley, and girls named Taylor. I do not like Tylen because I agree it does look like a typo for Tyler. I don't want people calling him something different than his name because they think it's a typo. I'm going to show him the results tonight when he gets home from work so he can see also Tylen isn't that great of a name.
  • Options
    As someone who has had to spell my name my entire life I would seriously consider how people would naturally spell it (and I don't have a made up name... It's an old family name that's just not common in Canada). If I heard "Brentley" I would assume it was Brent Lee or Brently. The upside of keeping the names separate is that he could choose to go by "Brent Lee", "Brent" or "Lee". It's fairly common for professionals to go by a more classic middle name then by their different first name so that's something to keep in mind.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Is there a full moon?

No? Almost a new moon why?
  • Options
    saiven said:

Did you guys know?

When there's a full moon, more babies come! L&D staffs itself accordingly.

I believe it. Owen was born on the full moon. It must be true.
    :D

• Options
    Of course I'm a bit partial. I like Landon Wyatt! 
  • Options
    Why not just have a poll that says "do you like the name Tylen - Yes or No"

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"