C-sections
Options

Csection in 36th week

Anyone have one? Did baby go home with you? Weight? Did you have an amniocentesis beforehand for lung maturity? Did it hurt?
Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!

Re: Csection in 36th week

• Options
    I had my second child at 36 weeks exactly (my water broke). He was 5lb 15 oz, spent about 8 hours in the nicu, to monitor his respiratory status. He came home with us :)
    No amniocentesis, so I can't comment on that.
  • Options
    Same as previous poster. My water broke at 36 weeks. DD#2 weight 6lbs 15oz. We were in the hospital for 4 days and then went home. She had low blood sugar and high billiruben levels. We were lucky that was it. I hope to make it till 39 weeks this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my daughter via csection due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks 4 days, she was 8 lbs 4 oz and had no problems at all. Good luck!
    DSC_0214
  • Options
    Like others, mine was a last-minute decision for a c-section at 36w4d. It was emergency (cord prolapse), so no amniocentesis or any kind of pre-op prep. They raced me in, knocked me out and got her out.

They took her to NICU for a few hours of monitoring while i was in recovery, but she roomed in with me and came home with me. She was actually discharged before I was. 6lbs 1oz at birth and 100% healthy, other than some slight jaundice that we were able to take care of at home.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had my last LO at 37w1d via RCS. My DS was born via CS at 38w 1d. I had amnios done with both of them to ensure their lungs were mature. That is pretty standard for any CS done prior to 39 weeks. The amnios didn't hurt at all. Doing the blood draws from your arm are way worse! GL!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    Yes. Had an emergency C after 5 weeks of bedrest. Had the two shots for lungs at 31 weeks when I had a placenta abruption. Baby came at 6pds. Good size, no nicu or any issues. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    My first was a c section at 36 weeks 2 days. He was breech and I was in active labor. He was 6lbs 6oz and came home with me 4 days later. Only issue was some jaundice which resolved without treatment we just had to go for lab work every other day for a week. My hospital required a pediatrician in the OR during the c section because he was less than 37 weeks but soon after they took him out the ped came over, told me he was fine, and left. He also had to pass a car seat test which was just sit in the car seat in the nursery for 2 hours on a monitor to check his breathing.
  • Options
    My first was a c-section at 36 weeks. She was 6lbs 9oz and did not have to spend any time in the NICU. It was an emergency due to her being breech and me being in active labor. We did not do amnio.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I had one at 36 weeks. Honestly, I am embarrassed to say I have no clue why still. I had a lot of personal stuff going on art that time. 

Anyway, I was NOT in labor and I do know it was NOT an emergency Csection. I was sent in for an an amnio the day before to make sure his lungs were mature. His lungs were. So they went ahead with the Csection the next day... He spent no time in NICU. He was 8lbs 3oz. After him I had 2 more who went to 39 weeks and were 9lbs 2oz and 8lbs 12oz. So bigger babies are normal for me. 
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    UberBizUberBiz member
    edited November 2014
    I went into labor at 36w4d and went to the hospital, was already 5cm dilated, and they gave me an IV of I can't remember what to stop the contractions. I don't think I was given anything else until they did the spinal the next morning prior to the c-section. My son was a healthy 6lb 8oz, and had no issues whatsoever, we went home after only 2 days (born Friday morning, went home Saturday evening).

ETA: I went to the hospital at about 3:30 a.m. and they had me in the OR at 7 a.m.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"