Paced Bottle Feeding @ 7 Months? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Paced Bottle Feeding @ 7 Months?

Hello Everyone,

We are looking for another babysitter and I was just wondering if I need to go over paced bottle feeding with her?  Or is breastfeeding pretty much established enough at this age?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimageimage

Re: Paced Bottle Feeding @ 7 Months?

• In my experience, DS was holding his bottle at that time, so we did not pace him and he did just fine going back and forth between bottle and breast. We still used level 1 nipples.
  • We've never done it and my baby goes easily from breast to bottle since day 1

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • In my experience, DS was holding his bottle at that time, so we did not pace him and he did just fine going back and forth between bottle and breast. We still used level 1 nipples.

This. We actually never "graduated" to faster-flow nipples, but around 6 or 7m, she really wanted to hold her bottles.
  • Thanks all. He has been holding his bottle since 4m so maybe it's not an issue and I'm just overthinking.
    imageimageimage
  • Thanks all. He has been holding his bottle since 4m so maybe it's not an issue and I'm just overthinking.
    imageimageimage
  • We are still at level 1 as well.
    imageimageimage
  • Oh, also just remembered - one thing I asked our babysitter once DD was old enough to hold her own bottle was, if she finished it quickly and seemed to want more, please wait 5-10 minutes to see if she's actually hungry. That way, even if the feeding itself wasn't paced, we gave her a little time for her tummy to catch up with her brain before giving her more than usual. Hope that helps!
  • @opheliainwaders that is an asweome point thank you!
    imageimageimage