Breastfeeding
Options

Paced Bottle Feeding @ 7 Months?

Hello Everyone,

We are looking for another babysitter and I was just wondering if I need to go over paced bottle feeding with her?  Or is breastfeeding pretty much established enough at this age?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimageimage

Re: Paced Bottle Feeding @ 7 Months?

• Options
    In my experience, DS was holding his bottle at that time, so we did not pace him and he did just fine going back and forth between bottle and breast. We still used level 1 nipples.
  • Options
    We've never done it and my baby goes easily from breast to bottle since day 1

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

In my experience, DS was holding his bottle at that time, so we did not pace him and he did just fine going back and forth between bottle and breast. We still used level 1 nipples.

This. We actually never "graduated" to faster-flow nipples, but around 6 or 7m, she really wanted to hold her bottles.
  • Options
    Thanks all. He has been holding his bottle since 4m so maybe it's not an issue and I'm just overthinking.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks all. He has been holding his bottle since 4m so maybe it's not an issue and I'm just overthinking.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We are still at level 1 as well.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Oh, also just remembered - one thing I asked our babysitter once DD was old enough to hold her own bottle was, if she finished it quickly and seemed to want more, please wait 5-10 minutes to see if she's actually hungry. That way, even if the feeding itself wasn't paced, we gave her a little time for her tummy to catch up with her brain before giving her more than usual. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    @opheliainwaders that is an asweome point thank you!
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"