July 2015 Moms
Options

Feeling backed up...

This is my first time being pregnant. I'm just over 5 weeks but I feel so gassy,bloated and, frankly, like I need to poop! Does anyone know if miralax is okay to take? And if not what do you suggest? (I already take fiber)
BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Feeling backed up...

• Options
    My OB said it is fine to take a stool softener but he recommends starting with Metamucil for a more natural approach. If you're already maxed out on the fiber you can probably move on to a stool softener... but, of course, check with your own OB to be safe!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you both!! I'll have to try that out. I honestly totally forgot about stool softener haha
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor recommended Metamucil. Its safe to take daily but I still feel gaseous and bloated. But I do have bowel movements at least once a day.
  • Options
    Metamucil is a life saver!! Prenatal vitamins are a culprit to constipation. Nothing with senna!!
  • Options
    My doc recommended Milk of Magnesia and Colace, along with Metamucil.. MoM knocks it out quick for me, but it makes me pretty crampy...and I mean it REALLY knocks it out quick for me, so if you want something more gentle, Metamucil is usually pretty great! I imagine it's different for everyone, though. But those are the ones my OB recommended for me! Good luck!
  • Options
    Girl....screw miralax and other chemicals. Eat guava. It is a natural laxative. Perfectly healthy. I have been eating guava each day every day and besides the superpowers of a super fruit....you also get to go!!!! :-)
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"