Infertility
Options

It's Starting to Feel Real!!!!

So I got my official approval letter from my insurance today for 3 cycles of IVF. SGFC also sent me my first IVF bill, which needs to be paid 10 days prior to starting the cycle. I'm scheduled for injection class this thursday, and my primary Doc sent over a letter releasing me to have the IVF done. SGFC also got my quotes for my meds and will hopefully be ordering them next week. It's soooo real nowwwww and I'm just so frigging excited!!!! This is IVF #1 for us (cant you tell) and it's what the RE went right to since I have tubal issues.

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

Re: It's Starting to Feel Real!!!!

• Options
    Good luck!  It is so awesome that your insurance is covering IVF!
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yay for you!!! Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! 
  • Options
    Good luck to you! I'm a fellow SG girl with tubal issues (as well as MFI). SG in my experience is really good about working with insurance to get you the best value possible during your cycle. I barely have to do anything, they always run everything through insurance first, even if it says something isn't covered, and they are extra careful with how they code things to maximize my coverage as well. Best of luck with IVF#1!
  • Options
    Congrats & I wish you the best of luck.
  • Options
    Very exciting!  Congratulations and I hope its 1 and done!

Married: 8/25/13 - TTC #1 since May 2013 - Met with RE June  2014
    BFP #1 August 2013 - Suspected Ectopic September 2013
    BFP #2 May 22, 2014 - MC May 27, 2014
    BFP #3 June 30, 2014 - MC July 6, 2014
    BFP #4 IUI cycle #1 October 10th - ectopic identified October 24th
    ****Looking to start IVF next round since I've had 2 ectopics*** 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all of the support and information and just comradery (sp) on this board in general! I had my 2nd accupunture appt today so I'm just hunkering down. I had "the talk" with my husband about what we would do in the event that more than 1 embyro was of good quality ... do we put back 1 or 2? I'm all for 2, but he is saying just 1, so I'm gonna le thim lead and do just one and just pray and pray and pray.

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

• Options
    Wow you give me hope with all your excitement. I was terrified and beyond disappointed when my re recommended IVF. I've pretty much cried every day since that appt. I guess I just didn't think it would come to this and I wanted so badly for it to happen on its "own". Anyway, I'm 2 weeks from starting all the meds/injections and the thought of it is getting less scary each day. I'll try to be more optimistic like you. Good luck!!!
    Me: 27 yrs old. Arcuate uterus, very short luteal phases (even with progesterone supp.), naturally long irregular cycles, poor response to all IF meds
    DH: 27 yrs old. Low morphology
    TTC since Jan. 2014. No BFPs ever :(
    8/14: 1st IUI w/ clomid, BFN
    9/14: 2nd IUI w/ clomid, BFN
    10/14: 3rd IUI w/ clomid, BFN
    12/14: 1st IVF, BFN. 6 eggs retrieved. 5 fertilized. 1 transferred. Two frozen embryos
    2/15: 1st FET scheduled. Cautiously optimistic.

• Options
    Oh and I'm a SG girl too. I adore my RE and nurse. They're the best!
    Me: 27 yrs old. Arcuate uterus, very short luteal phases (even with progesterone supp.), naturally long irregular cycles, poor response to all IF meds
    12/14: 1st IVF, BFN. 6 eggs retrieved. 5 fertilized. 1 transferred. Two frozen embryos

• Options
    @swyatt2014‌ & @ashleyat87‌ are you girls referring to Shady Grove?
  • Options

• Options
    Oh wow, I'm cycling with them now. Been there since April but was doing timed intercourse for a couple of months then I jumped into ivf instead of trying IUI. I'm so excited. They really make me feel that they will get me my baby.
  • Options
    Congrats and the best of luck to you!! Prayers that this is the only round you need :) baby dust to you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"