June 2013 Moms

I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your SPAM

Suck it Swift haters
                                                              #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your SPAM

• @majwv8 said:

And good job on keeping it rhyming!

I tried! I wanted to do a Sam Smith song, but couldn't think of anything creative

• Loading the player...
  • We got snow and I don't have snow pants for DD. MOTY. I'm hoping I can find someone to borrow from so I don't need to spend money.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited November 2014
    @asmallwonder I'm trying to give the best advice to someone who is flying and will not buy a seat for their baby. I told them to find the box that the car seat came in a check the seat in that box. Anything else/better I can suggest?

• @asmallwonder I'm trying to give the best advice to someone who is flying and will not buy a seat for their baby. I told them to find the box that the car seat came in a check the seat in that box. Anything else/better I can suggest?
    Well, if they absolutely are going to check the seat no matter what...  Yes, the original box is the best bet or a corrugated shipping box as close in size as possible.  Make sure she's prepared for the possibility of the seat being lost (it's not like luggage always shows up, you know?) or damaged.  Seriously recommend that she take the time before hand to make sure she really knows what her seat looks like (i.e. all the little pieces that would be more likely to break).
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I didn't realize this was a Taylor Swift song. Out of touch party of one.
    I had to look it up and I've never even heard it. You are not alone.

• @melOHdy good luck today!  I know how you feel - I hate not being the person everyone comes to but it comes in time!

• calikat80 said:
    wren1212 said:
    Oh the joys of having my MIL in town.  I was informed yesterday that my husband and his brothers were apparently the most angelic toddlers in the world, ate everything that was given to them, never threw a single tantrum, and always played nicely with each other.  

Am I going to have the same kind of amnesia in 30 years?
    Ha! DH is an only child and I totally feel this way sometimes. However his mother is uber cognizant of how difficult my boys can be and even when I ask her specific questions about his behavior as a kid she says, "oh Kathleen, I really don't want to make you feel bad answering this truthfully." At least she tries to save me from trying to figure out where exactly I went wrong.
    Dude.

• @daffy2k you are probably right. It's the just the thought of a baby in Burberry bikini totally makes me laugh. Also given the time of year around here what is it for? A cruise? Resort wear? Or a Christmas Gift? I can only imagine the disappointment of an 18 month old opening a box of clothing for Christmas, even though I was one a baby girl who loved clothes myself.

• @steamboat123 Thanks for posting about those boots!  I had JUST been looking at buying those; so glad I held off then. 
  • My mom might end up being that MILyou guys talk about. She doesn't do it to me, but I can totally see her doing it if my brother and his gf get married, have kids, and one is difficult. My MIL on the other hand raised my H and she is in no way deluded to the fact that he was a terrible kid. Cute, and sweet, but mischievous and as he got older just a trouble maker. I will have to have really bad kids to even compare so she is usually pretty good at comiserating, but reminds me it could be worse.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• I feel really weird today, I had a dream last night that MH was drowsy after he took Benadryl and went to the kitchen to get some water, he fell and hit his head on the counter and died. I was so confused because I wanted to call 911 but I didn't want to wake the kids...

• calikat80 said:
    wren1212 said:
    Oh the joys of having my MIL in town.  I was informed yesterday that my husband and his brothers were apparently the most angelic toddlers in the world, ate everything that was given to them, never threw a single tantrum, and always played nicely with each other.  

Am I going to have the same kind of amnesia in 30 years?
    Ha! DH is an only child and I totally feel this way sometimes. However his mother is uber cognizant of how difficult my boys can be and even when I ask her specific questions about his behavior as a kid she says, "oh Kathleen, I really don't want to make you feel bad answering this truthfully." At least she tries to save me from trying to figure out where exactly I went wrong.
    Dude.
    I'm confused how to take this @asmallwonder! "Dude, lay off the complaining?"

• daffy2k said:
    @calikat80‌ considering it's probably a $100+ bathing suit new (I haven't looked, I'm just guessing) it doesn't surprise me at all that there's 6 buyers lined up. I personally wouldn't buy it for M just on principle. I don't have an issue buying her brand name stuff if I can get a decent price, but I'm talking brand names like Gap, etc. no 1 yo needs to be wearing Burberry imo.
    Yep, $80 new on ebay. Holy bananas, I didn't really think baby bathing suits got that expensive! I just presumed even the high end stuff topped off at like $40-50.

• @asmallwonder it is so hard to not compare them to other kids, especially when we all have friends with kids the same age! However I will say I notice the good AND the, er, not as good. G is for sure smart as a whip when I notice him around his peers. Like scary advanced. And Lo is the best cuddle bug ever for a 16 month old. Their good traits outweigh the more challenging traits for sure and I wouldn't change a thing. Ok maybe I'd change their shitty sleeping, but other than that...

unrelated: I am trying to rent an RV for our trip in the spring and the rental places say that driving campers 2013 and older have welded seats with u-hooks for 2 carseats. What say ye? Are they lying liars that lie?

• @wren1212 she totally has that smile! Don't get me wrong, they are so very entertaining while they are putting your through the wringer! And I would say, "just don't get pregnant again!" but seeing the boys together is so sweet and G is a fantastic big brother regardless of how he is acting as a son :)

• @calikat80 I know what you mean.  Aiden gives us a run for our money and I have many instances of "why the hell is no other kid doing that?"  

I won't say they're lying but I think they're lying lol  I would ask them specifically for the make and model of their rental RVs and do some serious research.  RV riding is actually very dangerous.  They are not required to meet the same standards as passenger vehicles and if you watch some YouTube videos, they're very scary.  They basically disintegrate on impact.  Add to that, they're full of projectiles that seem secure but in a major crash or rollover, that shit is coming off, out and into you.  Also, if you DO find that the RV has seats bolted to the frames with LATCH hooks, make sure those seats are forward facing.  Car seats can only be installed on forward facing vehicle seats.

• @asmallwonder I'm trying to find an RV model that has a window like a taxi that I can just raise it when they start whining or crying. This is my top priority :)

I will get the model numbers and check it out locally before we rent something. H wanted to do a walk through anyway to see what it's like space wise so I can do some better inspections!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"