May 2015 Moms
Options

Snow Vent! Lol

We got f-ing snow last night. I hate it! This isn't a normal occurrence or anything. We are from Wisconsin. My husband laughs at me. And, I refuse to move down south. You southern ladies have giant friggin bugs down there!

However now I want to put up our Christmas tree!

Anyone been blessed with the white stuff yet?!

Re: Snow Vent! Lol

• Options
    I'm in indiana... We are getting a little bit tonight!
  • Options
    I. HATE. SNOW. 

We got hit too. I swear it sucks the soul out of me and makes me meaner than I've already been this pregnancy.

imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Were supposed to get some. Our weathermen always get our hopes up and it never happens.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I love the snow because of snow sports!! Skiing, snow shoeing and ice climbing. However, these are out of the picture (maybe I will still snow shoe) this year. I am still really excited about the snow and hope we get more. We had flurries this morning but nothing that stuck. The mountains nearby got a couple of inches!! Yay!! It also makes me want to put up Christmas decorations and a tree:)

Pregnancy Ticker  

• Options
    I'm in Michigan it's snowing but very lite
  • Options
    We almost have 20 inches of snow already this year here in northern Wisconsin.. :-S so I hear ya.
  • Options
    We got 4 inches of snow yesterday. I live in southeastern South Dakota. It's friggin cold up here!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We got 2-3 inches in Northern Colorado. The snow I can handle but the single digit temps I hate!

• Options
    We have some in North Dakota! And I put our Christmas tree up the other day to lift my spirits ...
  • Options
    We got flurries on Friday. I'm not happy because I have to put away the flipflops and pull out the winter coat but the kids are soooooo excited.  Maybe this will push me to get my Christmas shopping done, errr started.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MN here.  We got hit with a bunch on Monday.  Yards are completely covered in snow.  Driving in the snow while pregnant makes me nervous.  I could have dealt without for another month.
  • Options
    No snow here, I live with all the giant friggin bugs and we never get snow. :-)

I'm kinda jealous, but only for a split second, I hate cold weather.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    I'm also in Wisconsin and we got enough last night that we had to shovel the driveway. I went out with co-workers last night and was scared out of my mind while driving in the snow. I don't mind the snow, except for the driving in it. That makes me cranky.
  • Options
    We just had some snow on Friday here in Connecticut. It's New England so kind of used to it.

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• Options
    Yep, hate, hate, hate the cold and snow. I live in one of the coldest provinces in Canada with the distinction of managing to get colder than the surface of Mars.......isn't that a treat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Across the lake from you--Michigan!  We get dumped on each year when the storms come across the lake.  After a long, scary drive home from work in the snow (I was working at quite a distance also) I told my hubby that we needed a new vehicle ASAP, which we were planning on doing anyway...yesterday we did just that!  I feel more prepared for the winter this year.
  • Options
    I live in California on the beach...it's 80 degrees here today!
  • Options
    I'm in Illinois, snowed here last night and until about an hour ago, beautiful fat show flakes, luckily the salt trucks were out this morning so the roads were clear!
  • Options
    It's been lightly snowing all day here. I am not surprised or anything, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're getting like 4 inches tonight here in Cincinnati. Yay morning commute :(

imageimage

• Options
    I'm in western ny - they're calling for heavy snow Monday night through Wednesday (1-2 feet of snow they say) ughhhhhh I hate it!!!

TTC #1: June 2014

BFP: 09/07/2014 EDD: May 18th, 2015

Me: 27 DH: 30

Married: August 31, 2012 <3

• Options
    Snowing in Indy. :/ only like it if the roads close down....
  • Options
    @lindsey85d sounds amazing!!

I'm in Denver. It's been snowing for almost a week. Sooo cold!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Since it seems a lot of you have snow, where is the pictures of snowmen? Come on some of us rarely see this white stuff you speak of.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options

MN here.  We got hit with a bunch on Monday.  Yards are completely covered in snow.  Driving in the snow while pregnant makes me nervous.  I could have dealt without for another month.

Minnesota here too, raids are scary! Been avoiding driving as much as possible.
    On the other hand, it does put me in a festive mood....might have gotten a Christmas tree a little early on.... :) My fiancé thinks I'm crazy.
  • Options
    I'm from IL but my husband and I are stationed down south. My family got snow yesterday. I am so jealous!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I would give anything for snow. I live in Georgia and if we get one good snow per year that is an exception. By good snow I mean like maybe 4 to 5 inches.
  • Options
    @Sunshine4020‌ I'm an hour north of you! Its been way to freaking cold! My students were stuck inside for 3 days!! We got 4-5 inches this weekend.

• Options
    Jillio31Jillio31 member
    edited November 2014
    I'm in West Michigan and we have about 4 inches right now. We live near Lake Michigan so lots of lake-effect snow. We are supposed to get some more during this next snow storm that is going to last Monday-Wednesday. I think it looks pretty and is nice for the holidays but in Michigan the snow sticks around for WAY too long! I am constantly freezing cold (although so far being pregnant I have been hot all the time). I also hate driving in the snow! At times it makes me a nervous wreck! DH grew up in the Upper Peninsula where they have anywhere from 2-5 ft of snow all winter long. He loves it so no hopes of moving south for me. I guess I'll survive.
  • Options
    I moved from the midwest to the south and I'm going to miss snow around Christmas time...if it could snow for just the week of Christmas and then go away that would be perfect :) 
    I do think I'll miss the excitement of the first snow and being "snowed in" every now and then, but sooo glad not to have to deal with -50 temps like last year. yuck
  • Options
    I would gladly trade you guys. Alaska had almost no snow! But it's cold as heck out. I'd take snow without a second thought :(
  • Options
    We got about 2 inches so far here in Ohio.  But the roads were nasty!  I hate the snow too.  If I only had to watch it from inside with hot chocolate I would love it. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    We actually got a couple of inches of snow here in NE Oklahoma yesterday.  We don't usually see snow until January so I'm not sure if I want to know what this winter will throw at us.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am in Wisconsin also and we got a bit of snow.  I dislike snow and would rather just have a cold winter than a warmer (and by that I mean 25-35 degrees) one with lots of snow.

I also hate being pregnant in the winter.  My belly gets so big I can't even reach the middle of the windshield to scrape all the ice off, not to mention, trying to walk on icy sidewalks.  When I've been pregnant in the summer everyone also would say how hard that must be but I'll take a summer pregnancy over a winter one any day.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    We got our first snow last night of only about 4 inches, and you would think it was the apocalypse. People are losing their minds.
  • Options
    GFJ48 said:
    We got our first snow last night of only about 4 inches, and you would think it was the apocalypse. People are losing their minds.
    That always happens. It's so annoying!!
    People seriously need to buck up. We live in the Midwest....expect snow, idiots. And to cancel school because of a few flakes? Really? 
    When I was in school, we walked "10 miles with my brother on my back in 25 inches of snow!" Haha! ;)
  • Options
    dj99dj99 member
    edited November 2014
    GFJ48 said:
    That always happens. It's so annoying!!
    People seriously need to buck up. We live in the Midwest....expect snow, idiots. And to cancel school because of a few flakes? Really? 
    When I was in school, we walked "10 miles with my brother on my back in 25 inches of snow!" Haha! ;)
    Same here, this is New England and people rush to the grocery stores as if they're going to be locked in their homes for weeks!

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• Options
    allisong1187allisong1187 member
    edited November 2014
    Those who wanted snow pics - here you go!!!

Edit - sorry for the double post on pics!

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1: June 2014

BFP: 09/07/2014 EDD: May 18th, 2015

Me: 27 DH: 30

Married: August 31, 2012 <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"