July 2014 Moms
Options

A MOTN Pooper

My LO poops every night at 4:30am.  He sleeps in a minicrib next to my side of the bed, so I hear the poopsplosion nightly and then get up to change him.  

Last night he also had a poopy diaper when he woke up hungry at 2:30am, then during his usual 4:30am poop changing, he pooped again all over the changing table, then when I was putting him back down into his crib, he pooped AGAIN!  WTF?!  Anyone else got a crazy nighttime pooper???

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A MOTN Pooper

• Options
    I still think poops are funny. I'm sorry he's such a trouble maker.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Bean pooped MOTN last night for the first time in months. Ugh...

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ben used to poop at 4:30 every single morning until we rearranged his feeding schedule.

But he's another one that's pooping like 10 times a day now, but so am I.  Damn stomach bug.

• Options
    Sorry you're having to deal with this! I'm so thankfully DD stopped pooping in the MOTN. We have her in Merlin's sleepsuit and I can't imagine having to take that thing off at 4am every night!
  • Options
    @BPer, what did you do to his feeding schedule??  I'm very intreguied!  

FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!

• Options
    @pregsmcsnoozalot

We went by the 12 hours by 12 weeks book.

Over the course of a couple of weeks, I started gradually spacing out his feedings during the day, usually by 15 minutes or so, and then a few days later, 15 more minutes until he was eating roughly every 4 hours during the day, on a 12 hour schedule.

So:
    7a - feeding
    11a - feeding
    3p - feeding
    7p - feeding

...and for his MOTN feedings (he had 2 at the time) I started reducing his intake by .5oz every 3rd night until the feeding was eventually eliminated.

We had 2 solid weeks of sleeping 12 hours straight through the night, and then the 4mo wakeful hit early, so now he's back to waking around 3-4a for a snack.  I'll have to start working on weaning him off it again.

...but the idea is, as they're reducing their formula/BM intake at night, they will start eating more during daytime feedings to make up for those ounces.

• Options
    Sorry you're having to deal with this! I'm so thankfully DD stopped pooping in the MOTN. We have her in Merlin's sleepsuit and I can't imagine having to take that thing off at 4am every night!
    We have DS in the sleepsuit also.  MOTN changes are a pain in the ass.  I'm sure all of the wrestling around doesn't help with getting him back down afterwards.

• Options
    Mine likes to poop in the 4 am hour, too
  • Options
    She doesn't poop during the night anymore, but she did poop TWICE this morning. Of course she did, because mommy had a big meeting she couldn't be late for and daddy took off to work extra early.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DD usually poops herself awake between 4 and 6 each morning.

• Options
    Mine has been pooping audibly every morning at 6 a.m., thus assuring that I cannot in good conscience lie still and hope she will just go back to sleep for a while after she first wakes up. :-(
  • Options
    Yep, @brooklynesque, that's the moral dilemma...sooooooo tired, but can't subject that adorable little butt to diaper rash, so up up up I get over and over again in the wee hours of the night.

How are you doing, by the way?  How did your big move go?

• Options
    Can I join the club? Had myself a MOTN pooper last night. LOL normally she's a late afternoon pooper, but not last night.
  • Options
    @PregsMcSnoozalot‌ Thanks for asking -- the cross-country move went as well as could be expected (that is, stressful, but we made it with ourselves and our stuff intact) and I'm now trying to explore San Francisco the best I can with baby in tow. It's been quite a year of transitions for us, that's for sure! My head is still spinning. :-)
  • Options
    I feel for you, DS poops every night around 3-4am. However, he used to poop a lot more during the night, so I'll take it.
  • Options
    My son poops 3-5 times by 9 am. Usually at least once it's the poop that never ends. You wait, wait wait and you think he's done because it's been FOREVER and then nope you get pooped on. 

I'm hoping he starts to regulate again soon and not poop so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"