October 2014 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Are we too tired or covered in pee for unpopular opinions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    I haven't been peed on yet. poop and barf, yes, constantly.

I can't think of an UO. Thank GOD I am on maternity leave as I would be downright dangerous trying to work right now. For real. It's scary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I tried watching Once Upon A Time on netflix and I just can't get into it.

Sane here. Too cheesy.
  • Options
    narabug said:

I tried watching Once Upon A Time on netflix and I just can't get into it.

Sane here. Too cheesy.
    Yup. I think I got 5 episodes in before giving up.

Arrow too. Such. Bad. Acting! Also, who the hell expects someone who's lived in isolation for 5 years to just jump back into society and be totally the same person!?!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    No UO but that gif. I love him.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    I love snow and I am super jealous of everyone who has it. It is 19 degrees here and it's just COLD. I think if it's going to be this damn cold, there needs to be a couple of inches to make it look pretty.
    I love snow and cold. I am jealous of anyone who lives where it gets cold enough to put on a jacket. This is one thing I do not like living in AZ. We are still in the high 70's right now and it doesn't look like it's getting any colder any time soon
  • Options
    I'm not sure I will ever feel sexy again. I'm tore up from the floor up. My boobs are saggy and leaky, my stomach looks like it's been cut open 3 times, stretch marks, fat and cellulite galore. Just ew. No wonder I don't want sex. Lights off isn't enough, we both need blindfolds.  I'm going to go cry now.
  • Options
    So I'm the special snowflake re today. I'm cheesy enough to enjoy once upon a time. Guess I needed something easy to watch and I have had sexy time. I was over 6 weeks pp.
  • Options

Once Upon a Time is SO cheesy. And I usually hate cheesy, like a lot. But I'm totally hooked. Speaking of Hook... =P~

Dude's rockin the eyeliner...

I like pirates. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think DS's baby acne is adorable. It's just under his eyes and it makes me wish he had freckles.
  • Options

A real UO for this group, I think:

Once established (and yes, this part can be very challenging/sometimes impossible and can take weeks), breastfeeding is easier than formula feeding.
    I can leave my house with baby for as long as I want without worrying how many bottles she will need/how to warm them up/etc. I don't have to get out of bed in the motn to feed her. I'll never be stuck somewhere with a screaming baby and no source of food for her.

I totally agree with this, however we started mixing BF and some bottle feeding (with pumped milk) and I feel so much happier. My pedi suggested pumping what was left after she ate to supplement at the next feeding, which led to me doing some full pumping sessions and I love it. I can pump if I think that is easier or I can feed if I don't want dirty bottles. I FEEL LIBERATED!
  • Options

A real UO for this group, I think:

Once established (and yes, this part can be very challenging/sometimes impossible and can take weeks), breastfeeding is easier than formula feeding.
    I can leave my house with baby for as long as I want without worrying how many bottles she will need/how to warm them up/etc. I don't have to get out of bed in the motn to feed her. I'll never be stuck somewhere with a screaming baby and no source of food for her.

This is not a UO for me. I agree 100%. Love BFing (could you guess? Hehe). So easy once you and LO get the hang of it.
    imageimage
  • Options

Because so many of us are FFing, I'm going to counter the BFing is easier UO:

I don't have a baby attached to my boob for 3 hrs.

Once the bottle is gone, LO sleeps 3-4+ hrs at a time at night.

Other people can feed baby without me having to pump milk out of my breasts.

You get the hang of making bottles and bringing them places just as those who BF have to get the hang of NIP.

The STTN thingbis very tempting. EPing is the hardest of all options IMO. Because even after feeding, I still have to stay up for another half hour or so in the MOTN to pump. I'm unsure how long I'll be able to stick with it. :/

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options

I agree EPing is the hardest. What a tremendous amout of work. Bravo to all those doing it, seriously.

:\"> thanks

imageimageimage

• Options
    @Emerald27‌ - Agreed! I can't stand the monkeys! I'm proud to say that there is not even 1 monkey related item for M in our house.
  • Options
    alfibet said:

@Emerald27‌ also agree on the monkeys. Monkeys are pretty neat animals, but I don't find them cute at all. There isn't one monkey in LO nursery or clothes either.

My UO inspired by the randoms, I HATE spaghetti. My DH is the only other person I've ever met who also doesn't like it.

DHs cousin hates it too. He will only eat it if its a day old. Not fresh. :/

imageimageimage

• Options
    alfibet said:

@Emerald27‌ also agree on the monkeys. Monkeys are pretty neat animals, but I don't find them cute at all. There isn't one monkey in LO nursery or clothes either.

My UO inspired by the randoms, I HATE spaghetti. My DH is the only other person I've ever met who also doesn't like it.

I hate it too! I dont know if it is the pasta shape/size or if it's just all in my head. I love pasta and pasta sauce just not spaghetti. DH and DS1 love it though so I cook it at least twice a month. (And make myself something different of course)
    DS born 7/5/2001
    Married DH 2010
    TTC since 2010
    8 IUI and 2 IVF cycles
    BFP - TWINS! - Lost twin A at 17w5d 
    Still pregnant with Twin B!!!! Due 10/16/2014
    Hospital bed rest 5/10-7/20
    William born at 27 weeks and 3 days

• Options
    I also hate spaghetti noodles - actually all long noodles. I'm always afraid of splattering myself with sauce or of having the noodles all fall off my fork. Give me pene or farfalle or rigatoni or anything else short and small that I can spear with my fork. ;)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Haha. For the grammar police out there... :)
  • Options
    My husband doesn't like spaghetti either. Or pasta in general. Only mac and cheese.
  • Options
    narabug said:

My husband doesn't like spaghetti either. Or pasta in general. Only mac and cheese.

Mine too...he will only eat ravioli, and not often either.
  • Options
    I hate bedtime. Not because of the MOTN feedings. It's the fact that it takes at least 2 freaking hours on top off the amount DS had already been up for, for him to sleep. This fricken kills me. Any suggestions? Ideas?
  • Options

S/O monkeys. My mum calls my son 'monkey'. I hate it.
    Especially as this is exactly the same nickname as she uses for my nephew.

This would make me crazy!!! ~X(

Maybe next time she visits, call him pumpkin or peanut or something a bunch and see if you can get her calling him that too. Lol
    imageimage
  • Options
    I just might have to try that @Nicb13‌. He seems to snack a bit until we try to put him down, then he eats a ton. @Cantisa‌ and @Kaylajade8911‌, we've done a couple nights of bedsharing, but getting his latch right is difficult and I can't sleep as well with him in bed, which makes for a hard day and harder evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"