Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Waking up in the middle of the night-help!

michantmichant member
edited November 2014 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
We recently transitioned our daughter from our bed to her own toddler bed or her bedroom floor depending on her mood.  It took 2 weeks to get from our bed to her room with me sleeping on the floor in her room since she would wake up through the night calling for me so it seemed like the right thing to do so she would be assured I was there.  Over the weekend she would fall asleep and I was able to escape to my own bed however the last 3 days have been so disturbing.  She wakes up 3 to 4 times a night screaming at the top of her lungs and refuses to lay or sit.  She wants me to stand up and hold her which doesn't last long because she weights too much to hold like that for a period of time which then causes more screaming and crying and a battle to convince her to sit or lay down anywhere. I just don't know what to do anymore.  Gave in last night and put her back in our bed after all the hysteria and she did not wake up once. Anyone with advice would be helpful and appreciated.  I am to the point where I'm crying right along with her in the middle of the night.  Thank you.  She will be 2 at the end of the month.

Re: Waking up in the middle of the night-help!

• no advice but will be watching this as my dd loves to do the same thing. only we still use her crib.
  • I'm thinking after speaking with the daycare, we have an issue with night terrors combined with the transition of going in her own room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Does your LO have a lovie/stuffed toy or blanket she sleeps with all the time?  DD has a stuffed baby that we call - wait for it - Baby, and she sleeps with her every night.  It's really helped when we've traveled and DD had to sleep in a new bed/crib to have Baby as her comfort.  DD has various other stuffed toys that we allow in her crib for her to cuddle with and whenever she wakes in the middle of the night I see her find one and she settles right down and goes back to sleep.

Hope you find an answer soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"