Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

~***~ TWW Tuesday ~***~

NEgirl824NEgirl824 member
edited November 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Didn't see this started yet so I thought I would start us off!

Month/cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Testing plans:

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: 

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTGP December siggy challenge
workout fail

Married 5/22/10, DD born 8/24/11, ttc #2 sept '14
 5wks

Re: ~***~ TWW Tuesday ~***~

• Options
    Month/cycle:  2

CD/DPO:  23/9

Timing: eod

Testing plans: Friday!

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: I can't wait for this weekend! My mother is coming to visit and she is watching DD so DH and I can go on a date! Hopefully we will have something to celebrate! 

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Mint hot chocolate with whip cream! I love a nice hot drink on a cold snowy day :) 

workout fail

5wks

• Options
    Thanks for starting @NEgirl824

Month/cycle:
    12/14

CD/DPO: 20/6

Timing: -6 or -5?

Testing plans: if AF is late

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: my nips still hurt and im bloated.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Anything Peppermint Mocha yummm

TTC # 1 since 11/2013
    Hysteroscopy 10/28/14 - septum removed
    HSG 10/31/14 - All Clear!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 23/4dpo

Timing: -3 -2 -1

Testing plans: None yet

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: I'm so mad at myself. I lost 34lbs over this last year, well I hopped on the scale and I've gained almost 9lbs back!

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Chai tea and hot chocolate.
    Married 5/31/10
    DS 10/31/12
    BFP 11/18/14
    EDD 7/31/15

July15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite holiday movie. Bad Santa!
  • Options
    hydrangea1019hydrangea1019 member
    edited November 2014
    Good Morning!  I am hopping on over from WTO.  No crossharis yet, but my temps keep climbing.

Thanks for starting this off this morning @NEgirl824!
    DeerNHeadlights Sorry about the weight gain.  I know it sucks, but now that you know you can adjust and make changes to get it off.  You can do it!
    briannaescplan Oooooo Peppermint mocha sounds delish!
    AprilH81 Sorry about the BFNs =(

Month/cycle: 7th cycle
    CD/DPO: CD18, DPO is up for debate.... FF says 1DPO, I say 2DPO
    Timing: FF says -3 and -1, I say -2 and O

Testing plans: nada... I always end up testing and it's always BFN.  I think I may take getting my period better than continuing to see BFNs.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Basically, I am an idiot.  I know that when I eat at this particular restaurant, my temps are always high the following morning and I knew my O was coming sometime around Sunday or Monday... well... I ate at this restaurant on Sat night, so my temp was high Sunday, which I think is throwing off FF.  Either way, we hit two days in the FW.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Definitely hot chocolate.  Although, am I the only crazy one who craves ice cream once the temperature drops?

ETA: comments to previous posters.

TTC #1 since April 2014
    Me (29) DH (29)
    Married 5+ years
    football animated GIF

• Options
    Happy Veteran's Day!

Month/cycle: 7AL (3 temping) 

CD/DPO: 21/3 (yay for solid crosshairs) 

Timing: -2, O  I'm happy with it

Testing plans: Nov 17th, 9DPO. It's MH bday and I know its a bit early but I would LOVE to be able to brighten his day!

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: NTTGPR: It's Veteran's Day. Pretty sure its MH's favorite day of the year... It's like Christmas for him. So if you see lots of Veterans out today don't forget to thank them for their service. You will get BIG grins if you do, and isn't that worth it? :D

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Something I like just for the holidays is hot cocoa! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Options
    Thanks for getting us started, @NEgirl824‌!

Month/cycle: 5

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: good

Testing plans: I have no self control. BFN this morning. I'm going to try to wait out AF now.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Still don't know what is going on with my temps. They're above coverline, but I wouldn't call them 'high.' Just when you think you have your usual pattern of temps figured out...

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) I love both hot chocolate and hot cider.
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 22/8

Timing: -3, -1, +1

Testing plans: Probably will take one Saturday morning (12 DPO.) 

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: DS had us up for several hours 2 nights ago and then again 1.5 hours before getting up this morning, so I didn't even bother with temping the last 2 mornings. Definitely didn't have enough deep sleep before getting up. At least this happened after O was indicated. 

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Hot chocolate with good whipped cream, not the nasty kind that tastes fake. I hate coffee, but I love the smell and am glad DH drinks it so that our house smells like it. The only tea I like is iced and sweet, and I drink that every day- TN girl.

BabyFetus Ticker
    June 2010- Got married after 6 years of dating
    May 2013- Bennett was born
    Nov 2014- BFP! Due Date 7/27/2015

• Options
    @hydrangea1019 Out of curiosity, what type of food is it that messes with your temp?

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

ecgal87 said:
    @hydrangea1019 Out of curiosity, what type of food is it that messes with your temp?
    This is going to sound crazy, but it's chicken wings.  Every single time I eat them, my temps go up the following morning, no matter where I am in my cycle.  I tend to eat the really spicy flavors, so I am wondering if that's why.
    TTC #1 since April 2014
    Me (29) DH (29)
    Married 5+ years
    football animated GIF

• Options
    Month/cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: -4,-2,-1,+1

Testing plans: Waiting until missed period

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Well as my skin clears up and my cramps go down, my back starts hurting and I'm freaking bloated! It could be because of all the salt intake and not enough water. I was super high strung last night because DH and I had a lot to do and I feel like I came off as a bitch. I almost started crying for no reason and I feel bad. He probably thinks I'm crazy but I love him for not pointing it out.

I love hot chocolate and spiked hot cider!

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for starting @NEgirl824- Also, that hat was so freaking cute, awesome job!

AprilH81 Sorry about the BFNs

Month/cycle:
    4/4

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: -5, -3, -1

Testing plans: BFN today again (that's 4 now), AF is due Thursday so I prob wont test again.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: So I tried some new tests from a dollar store and they had an eye dropper and a little well to put a few drops of your pee in. I have only used the type you pee directly on before and I felt like some kind of mad scientist eye dropping my own piss at 6am. But lucky me I stocked up so I have  a bunch more like that. Anyone else use these?

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Boozy hot cocoa - hands down. I love the 360º Chocolate vodka and some Frangelico  and always with whipped cream. Make sure you add the booze after warming up the cocoa so you don't burn off any alcohol.
    Due August 22, 2015 with first LO

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hydrangea1019 I've never heard of that before! Its crazy what types of patterns charting and temping can point out, the spicey thing makes sense to me though. Anyone else see food related spikes/dips?

• Options

ecgal87 said:
    This is going to sound crazy, but it's chicken wings.  Every single time I eat them, my temps go up the following morning, no matter where I am in my cycle.  I tend to eat the really spicy flavors, so I am wondering if that's why.
    It doesn't sound crazy to me! I love chicken wings, but I stick to the sweeter sauces. It's weird because I like everything else spicy.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Month/cycle: 5

CD/DPO: 28/7

Timing: Good

Testing plans: This weekend if I make it there.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: I know it is too early to give up on this cycle, but two low temperatures in a row have me feeling bummed. I wouldn't be surprised to get my period today or tomorrow. This is my first month temping, but I suspect I have a short lp... we shall see.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) pumpkin spice latte with only half the pumpkin spice -- it is just too sweet otherwise!
  • Options
    Lurking from WtO...
    @hydrangea1019‌ & @ecgal87‌ someone mentioned on anther board yesterday that Thai food made their temps spike.. So I would say it's definitely possible for anything spicy to have an effect.

@GHStarfish‌ congrats on your BFP!!

Sorry for the BFNs :-(

Good luck to the ladies testing soon!

Hopefully I will be joining you over here next week.

orange is the new black red reznikov gif

*Jan Siggy Challenge--Mean Girls*

BabyFruit Ticker

Married: 4/26/14 - DH "J": 33 - ME: 27 - DS "G": 12/21/09

TTC #2 since October 2014 - BFP 12/2/2014!! - EDD 8/13/2015!

• Options
    Month/cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 24

Timing: Pretty good

Testing plans: Did today, BFN.  But it was stupid of me.  I'm trying not to get down, but I feel I'm out.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Nothing.  The symptoms I have are symptoms of AF.  AKA - I have no symptoms.  

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Peppermint mochas.  But they're borderline too sweet now.  
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oops - I forgot to say congrats @GHStarfish!!

And sorry for my fellow BFNers.  Today blows.
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @GHStarfish congrats!

TTC # 1 since 11/2013
    Hysteroscopy 10/28/14 - septum removed
    HSG 10/31/14 - All Clear!
  • Options
    JennyLynn6785JennyLynn6785 member
    edited November 2014
    @GHStarfish‌ congrats on your BFP!

Month/cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: Going with 21/6

Timing: I think only on O. Wasn't temping yet so no real clue.

Testing plans: Not until the 19th when AF is due.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: I'm desperately trying not to symptom spot. I know I'm just being way more aware of my body than I ever was, so every little abdominal twinge or boob ache was probably something that always happened and I just didn't pay attention. I did get my Wondfo OPKs in the mail yesterday though, so between that and temping I'm feeling more confident for next cycle.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Honestly, I don't have one. Not a huge fan of hot beverages. Weird?

Edit: Spelling :/
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @GHStarfish‌!!!!!

Nothing new here, just waiting for AF to make her entrance!

@DeerNHeadlights‌- weight loss is hard and even harder when the scale goes back up! Good luck losing it and keeping it off!

@silverandgray‌-bodies suck like that! I agree, just when I thought I knew what my body did every month it wouldn't completely changed it up! Sorry about the weird cycle :/
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @GHstarfish!!

Month/cycle: 8/6

CD/DPO: 33/9

Timing: -3, -1, O

Testing plans: Friday if I make it that far. AF is scheduled to show on Thursday.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Trying to stay optimistic even though my temp dropped to right above my cover line. I know I'm not out until AF shows. We will see, I had such high hopes for this cycle.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...
    Hot Chocolate!

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • Options
    Congrats @GHStarfish‌! Hope you have a great nine months! 

sorry to the BFNs :(

workout fail

5wks

• Options
    Congratulations @GHstarfish

Month/cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 20/5

Timing: 0

Testing plans:  Yesterday I said I was going to wait until missed AF (11/20ish)  And already I'm thinking I can't wait that long.  I work in a lab and have off all this week....it's going to be a lot harder when I'm at work this weekend with those pregnancy test kits staring at me all day!

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: With my first pregnancy I definitely felt like I just knew I was pregnant right away...heartburn and cramping.  I'm having heartburn, dizziness, and cramping, but this time I feel like I'm over-analyzing and it's just in my head.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...)  Caramel hot chocolate (might actually have to make a cup now) or apple cider.
  • Options
    Congrats @ghstarfish! Glad to see at least one bfp today :)

• Options
    @ghstarfish congrats! Have a wonderful pregnancy!
  • Options
    Congrats @ghstarfish!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 20/no clue but estimate at least 3. (Not charting due to crazy work and travel schedule).

Timing: EOD and ED sex all cycle so hopefully good

Testing plans: Not until a missed period, if I have one - I've learned my lesson the hard way about testing early. Seeing those BFNs hurts more than I thought it would.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Trying desperately not to symptom spot, especially since I likely wouldn't have BFP or AF symptoms this early anyway. But, some crampiness and lower back pain.

Hot apple cider or hot mulled wine. Will be in central/eastern Europe for work in a couple of weeks and hope to get lots of the latter in the Christmas markets!
  • Options
    Also, congrats to @GHStarfish! How exciting!
  • Options

Sorry for the BFNs Ladies.

Month/cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 21/9

Timing: -2, -1, O

Testing plans:  Think I'm going to wait it out from here. 

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: More AF signs today so...there's that. 

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...)  Christmas Sangria is a family fave.  Yum!

• Options
    tyzo said:

Christmas Sangria is a family fave.  Yum!

Umm... more info please!!  I LOVE Sangria, and if it's holiday focused, even better!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations on your BFP @GHstarfish !!!!!
    TTC #1 since April 2014
    Me (29) DH (29)
    Married 5+ years
    football animated GIF

• Options

It's so good.  I don't have my specific recipe with me but this one is pretty close.  The cranberry makes all the difference:).  Enjoy!

• Options
    @tyzo - there was no link, try again, please :)
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Month/cycle: 12/12

CD/DPO: 19/2

Timing: -4 -3 -1 0

Testing plans: Maybe mid next week.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Meh, just kind of rolling through this month and see where we end up.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) mmm... gingerbread latte
    TTC#1 since October 2013
    M/C June 2014
    Monitored Cycle: October 2014
    Results: Everything Normal
    December 2014: Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP
    12/01/2015 = HCG 39
  • Options
    Creeping in from WTO!

Congrats and well wishes to @GHStarfish ! Hopefully we'll be joining you in first tri board soon! Happy and Healthy 9 months ! (creepy Internet hugs) >:D<
    August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ME: 30, DH: 30
    Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
    TTC #1: 6/1/14
    BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

• Options
    @millegirl you made me laugh with your "mad scientist eye dropping my own piss at 6am"!

Congrats @ghstarfish!

Welcome @breezymeema!

Month/cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: every day in the FW - a personal best ;)

Testing plans: Maybe 12 DPO

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: Not right now.

GTKY: Favorite hot holiday beverage? (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, other...) Mulled things!
  • Options

I just copied and pasted the writtten words.  THESE ARE NOT MY WORDS.  She gets a little of topic sometimes so I just want to clarify that:). 

Recipe: Cranberry & Rosemary White Sangria

Ingredients:
    • 2 apples, granny smith and a braeburn
    • 1 heaping cup of fresh cranberries
    • 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, extra for garnish
    • 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
    • 1/2 cup of white grape juice
    • 1/4 cup of sugar, more for garnish
    • 1 can of club soda

Instructions:

1. Sangria is a fairly simple recipe. It’s pretty much chop, pour, stir, get drunk, and wake up next to someone you don’t know. The real work is in the wine selection and choosing which fruit to use. It is Christmas time so I was craving a cranberry sangria. In fact, I been craving cranberries all month.

2. You need to chop up the apples, I prefer them in small cubes so you can easily snack on them while enjoying your sangria, or as I like to call it…dinner. I mean, it has food in it so that counts, right?

3. I try to use good wine for my sangria. I am sure many winemakers would scoff at the suggestion but good wine makes good sangria. Crappy wine makes good sangria too, you just have to add a lot more to it. I prefer to let the wine shine through too. Oh, a little secret…the advantage to using good wine is that you can pour yourself a glass of it while assembling this recipe and it won’t suck.

4. In a large pitcher, combine all of the ingredients.

5. Mix it well, so that the sugar fully dissolves.

6. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill. During this time the sugar will fully dissolve and the rosemary will infuse your sangria. If you are wondering why I chose rosemary for this, well, it’s because I like my sangria’s sweet. But I really dislike the sweetness to linger. So by adding rosemary, it kind of cuts the sweetness down on the finish making it much more enjoyable.

7. While that chills, let’s make the garnish for this drink. I am not really into fancy garnish, personally. And this is far from one. But it is a Christmas drink and I figured if the rosemary could look like it was covered in snow, how effing Martha Stewart is that? To do this, simple place about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Lightly wet the rosemary and then give it a good shake to remove any excess water. Then roll the sprigs in the sugar until they are coated as you please. Gorgeous, right?

8. Once the pitcher has chilled for about an hour, it should be ready to serve. How amazing does this look? !

• Options
    tyzo said:

I just copied and pasted the writtten words.  THESE ARE NOT MY WORDS.  She gets a little of topic sometimes so I just want to clarify that:). 

Recipe: Cranberry & Rosemary White Sangria

Ingredients:
    • 2 apples, granny smith and a braeburn
    • 1 heaping cup of fresh cranberries
    • 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, extra for garnish
    • 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
    • 1/2 cup of white grape juice
    • 1/4 cup of sugar, more for garnish
    • 1 can of club soda

Instructions:

1. Sangria is a fairly simple recipe. It’s pretty much chop, pour, stir, get drunk, and wake up next to someone you don’t know. The real work is in the wine selection and choosing which fruit to use. It is Christmas time so I was craving a cranberry sangria. In fact, I been craving cranberries all month.

2. You need to chop up the apples, I prefer them in small cubes so you can easily snack on them while enjoying your sangria, or as I like to call it…dinner. I mean, it has food in it so that counts, right?

3. I try to use good wine for my sangria. I am sure many winemakers would scoff at the suggestion but good wine makes good sangria. Crappy wine makes good sangria too, you just have to add a lot more to it. I prefer to let the wine shine through too. Oh, a little secret…the advantage to using good wine is that you can pour yourself a glass of it while assembling this recipe and it won’t suck.

4. In a large pitcher, combine all of the ingredients.

5. Mix it well, so that the sugar fully dissolves.

6. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill. During this time the sugar will fully dissolve and the rosemary will infuse your sangria. If you are wondering why I chose rosemary for this, well, it’s because I like my sangria’s sweet. But I really dislike the sweetness to linger. So by adding rosemary, it kind of cuts the sweetness down on the finish making it much more enjoyable.

7. While that chills, let’s make the garnish for this drink. I am not really into fancy garnish, personally. And this is far from one. But it is a Christmas drink and I figured if the rosemary could look like it was covered in snow, how effing Martha Stewart is that? To do this, simple place about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Lightly wet the rosemary and then give it a good shake to remove any excess water. Then roll the sprigs in the sugar until they are coated as you please. Gorgeous, right?

8. Once the pitcher has chilled for about an hour, it should be ready to serve. How amazing does this look? !

This sounds delish!
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ghstarfish Congratulations!

Month/cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 20/6 

Timing: -4, -2, -1, O

Testing plans: Probably Friday at 9 dpo (I was originally saying Saturday). I have no self control.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: My thermal shift is confusing me. I chart only on paper, but I'm wondering if I should get FF so I can ask for opinions when I'm confused. Also, I'm just a big ball of angry today for no reason. Everyone I've come into contact with today has irritated me. Feels a lot like PMS rage, so maybe my period is going to start early this cycle. :/

Hot chocolate or coffee with Baileys, or hot cider with whiskey. Yum.
    Me: 30  DH: 45
    Married: 7/19/2014
    TTC #1 since 8/2014
    BFP 1/10/15 EDD 9/22/15

BabyFruit Ticker
    Sept. '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"