Nurseries and Baby Gear

Britax Marathon vs Britax Frontier

I'm trying to decide between the Britax Frontier and Britax Marathon for my 25 month old who weighs 28lbs. He already has the Marathon and it is a great seat but I was going to pass it on to his younger brother. So I'm trying to decide if I should get another Marathon or put our two year old in the Frontier. The Frontier just seems so big and intimidating for such a little guy. Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Re: Britax Marathon vs Britax Frontier

• At 25 months he should still be rear facing so get another Marathon or different convertible.  The Frontier is a forward facing seat only. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Children should rearface to as close to age 4 as possible. If you are a Britax fan, pass the marathon to the baby and get the 2 year old a britax click tight boulevard or advocate (not marathon). This seat is incredibly easy to install and will keep him rearfacing until he hits 40 pounds :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • As a tech and a huge proponent of extended rear facing, I agree that keeping him rear facing is safest.  However, after two, which is the minimum set by the AAP, I won't go to the mat with a parent who wishes to forward face :)  Are you interested in keeping him rear facing or would you like more to read on it before deciding?

If you do decide to forward face him, I would definitely pass down the Marathon and get him a combination seat.  If you're not sold on the style of the Frontier, don't be afraid to check out other brands.  Britax seats are nice but they're not the be all, end all.  You might find you like another brand better in this case.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Is he currently FF or RF?  If he is FF, then get the Frontier, but in all honesty, he should stay RF as long as possible.  The Frontier is great and can be intimidating at first, but once you read the manual and instal it, it really is no biggie.

If you would like to keep him RF, then I suggest getting the new Britax Click tight marathon.  Super easy install and high RF limits.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We just got a clicktight marathon for our 6 mo old. Hands down the best seat to install ever. I installed it twice in under 10 minutes (well under 5 minutes per install). The reason I did it twice was the first time I got the angle a little more upright than I wanted and I realized I had about 4 inches between the front seat and the car seat so could definitely lay him back a bit more. The seat is just awesome. Love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"