September 2014 Moms
Options

Newbies, oldies and lurkers: GTKY

edited November 2014 in September 2014 Moms
So there are a ton of new people around and I thought it would be good to do a quick GTKY to get to know each other a bit. Anybody in?

How many LOs do you have and how old are they?

What do you do?

How long have you been with your partner and how did you meet?

What does your username mean?

Favorite guilty pleasures?

Re: Newbies, oldies and lurkers: GTKY

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Marshals is my guilty pleasure :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    @lmk1566 that is so cool that you own a baking business! I love baking myself and I always enjoy checking out the goodies that the pros at the farmers market create. YUM.

• Options
    @Everyusernameistaken‌ thanks! It's a lot of fun & stress all rolled into 1. It's been nice to bring the baby when baking!
  • Options
    tromboner said:

I have two kids, DS turns 2 on January 1st and DD will be 10 weeks on Thursday.

I am a manager at my local PetSmart. Someday I hope to finish my biology degree and go back to a veterinary career (I used to be a tech) or start a career with a local zoo or aquarium.

We've been together 11 years, set up by a mutual friend and had our first date Halloween 2003. Coming up on our 2nd wedding anniversary next month, I was 8 months pregnant with DS when we finally tied the knot.

I play the trombone. I had a different trombone related screen name but wanted a change and my besties from this group were kind enough to suggest and convince me to use tromboner.... because we're 12. :P

Netflix marathons of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, etc

I'm watching Angel on Netflix right now...pretty sure I've watched the entire Buffy series like 3x. Love it.

• Options
    *snip*
    I'm watching Angel on Netflix right now...pretty sure I've watched the entire Buffy series like 3x. Love it.
    Buffy and Angel are my all time favorites. Have you seen the animated Season 8 of Buffy? Joss Whedon continued the show in comic book form and they animated the Season 8 comic. *returns to the dorky shadows from whence I came*
  • Options

One baby boy, 9 weeks tomorrow.

What do you do?

I'm an Electronic Records Analyst for a large accounting firm

9 years, married for 2. His brother introduced us at a football tailgate in college :)

Nothing really, it was my AIM screen name in high school and I'm still using it! Haha

The Voice and The Vampire Diaries. Also, wine and candy corn.
  • Options

tromboner said:

I have two kids, DS turns 2 on January 1st and DD will be 10 weeks on Thursday.

I am a manager at my local PetSmart. Someday I hope to finish my biology degree and go back to a veterinary career (I used to be a tech) or start a career with a local zoo or aquarium.

We've been together 11 years, set up by a mutual friend and had our first date Halloween 2003. Coming up on our 2nd wedding anniversary next month, I was 8 months pregnant with DS when we finally tied the knot.

I play the trombone. I had a different trombone related screen name but wanted a change and my besties from this group were kind enough to suggest and convince me to use tromboner.... because we're 12. :P

Netflix marathons of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, etc

Obsessed with Buffy and Angel!
  • Options
    @Annsor‌ power to the cupcake bakers! :-h
  • Options

Good idea!

I have 2 DDs, 2 years and almost 10 weeks.

What do you do?
    I SAH now, but I used to supervise a microbiology lab within an environmental testing laboratory.

Together almost 12 years, married 7.5.  We lived on the same floor of the crappiest dorm on campus freshman year of college.

I'm a biologist, my college nickname was Kitty, and 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Mostly food-related.  Also watching the Real Housewives of Orange County.  Also love Firefly, @Tromboner
    Omg LOVE Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"