September 2013 Moms

Daycare behaviour

I just put A in daycare a week or so ago and I found out that she's very rough but really beats on this one little boy in particular.. Has anyone else dealt with something similar?

I have no clue why or where she picked up such aggressive behaviour.. We've corrected the way she acts towards our cat and she's gentle with him now but I'm feeling really bad for the other babies at daycare.

Anyone know if this is normal?

Re: Daycare behaviour

• I'm not even sure how they respond to the behaviour I'll have to take more time to discuss the issue I think. I wasn't sure how to word it, I know it's not her purposely wanting to hurt him or any other baby for that matter but it still really shocked me to hear this. I mean I know she's quite the wild baby by nature and doesn't have much experience playing with other babies but I guess I wasn't expecting her to be biting the other kids and all that.

There's probably not much I can do though since I am not with her there.. I really hope it's just a natural part of her learning how to play and that she'll eventually stop hurting other kids..
  • My kids have been in DC for a while and every time a new kid starts I feel like that kid has a week or two where this type of behavior happens.  To me it seems like it is an adjustment thing.  The first week DS bff started he literally hit or bit him every day.  And now they are buddies. :)  I wouldn't worry too much but I would ask what DC is doing when they respond to the behavior so that you can be consistent at home.  I try to use the exact same language they use so it reinforces that it is not ok.  
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"