C-sections
Options

Emergency vs Planned?

What's the difference in procedure for an emergency vs planned csection?

Re: Emergency vs Planned?

• Options
    RayRay007RayRay007 member
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad pp explained the different between emergency and unplanned c/s. I had a stat c/s and think it's misleading when people say they had an emergency c/s when really they had an unplanned c/s. I think OP is probably asking about unplanned v planned. The difference between them will obviously depend on why you are having an unplanned c/s. I can't say how either goes exactly as I've never had them.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My experience, I had an emergency CS due to fetal distress, low blood pressure, after 16 hours after being induced and two epidurals. My RCS required me to go in two hours early for urine sample, blood work, and NST while I waited for my OB to arrive. After OB arrived I was wheeled back to the get my spinal and a baby from there.
    Recovery for me was harder with the first one bc my body labored for so long.
  • Options
    RayRay007 said:
    I'm glad pp explained the different between emergency and unplanned c/s. I had a stat c/s and think it's misleading when people say they had an emergency c/s when really they had an unplanned c/s. I think OP is probably asking about unplanned v planned. The difference between them will obviously depend on why you are having an unplanned c/s. I can't say how either goes exactly as I've never had them.
    agreed.  I also had an emergency C-section with #1.  (under general anesthesia, dh not allowed in, etc.)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I had an urgent c/s with dd. It was urgent because the monitor on me had shifted and they didn't realize how far I has progressed... Dd was breech but I was in labor at 33.3w and finally they checked me and I was fully dilated, baby ready to come out foot first. It was a bit hectic, but not emergency. I do remember a dr telling me under no circumstances do I push... As they were wheeling me into surgery.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I had two emergency C/S. With my first daughter, at my 40 week appointment my blood pressure was slightly elevated. I was sent to the hospital for observation when it was discovered that my platelets were really low. My blood work was repeated immediately and my platelets were even lower. I had to have a C/S under general anesthesia because it was too risky to do an epidural because of my low platelets. For my second daughter, at 35 weeks my MD did blood work to avoid what happened then first time (blood work taken on Friday). Monday evening I was admitted to the hospital and Tuesday morning I had another C/S under anesthesia because my platelets were so low this time that it had to be confirmed by two pathologist. Both times I was not expecting to have my children.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"