Single Parents

a gtky post

Lets do a gtky post. Tell us about yourself using gifs and/or memes

Hi! Im minnesotamomma91, im 23. Im divorced no, my xh isnt my sons father. Bd was a drunken rebound

My ds b, has a step mom i call a and this is how i feel about a.
Her and i have a messy history. She slept with my xh, shes tried putting me in the middle if her and bds divorce, shes a whole lotta klassy

I have a bf who is my high school.sweet heart. Hes a wonderful.father to his son c as well as being daddy to my son daddy. And there is mothing sexier then that and its also a part of the reason i love him.

I actually have a good relationship.with my bfs ex.

Spencer hastings is my spirit animal
imageimage

Re: a gtky post

• @MinnesotaMomma91 That first gif:

AFM, let's back up a bit, kiddos.
    I moved away from home with my BF of 2 years to live in Las Vegas, where he had gotten a job.

We were young, dumb, full of c'mon world.

I got a job, was laid off...

while he kept getting promoted.

Over time, he became more and more obsessed with money. It didn't help we lived in the gambling center of the planet, but his attitude about "being the man" and how he was "doing [me] a favor by being with [me]" got to me.

I left after a year, came back to my hometown with friends and family to regroup/go back to school, and got a BFP within a WEEK of being back.

I made the painful phone call to tell him...

He was wildly supportive to completely patronizing and everything in between.

So now I'm a vibrant, 23yo pregnant-soon-to-be-single-mother with a very bright future and a can do attitude. I may not always believe it but...

Because honestly...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • edited November 2014
    Ill let you in on a little secret im totally making this mom thing up as i go. Thatd been hard for me. I was the girl.who always had to have a plan and know how to do thing and research things. This has made me an actually really intelligent person as well a daomn god cosmetologist. But as far as being a mom goes, i planned on being an all natural crunchy mom. And then i remembered i dont have time for that. I am totally making it up as i go.

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like this a lot these days:

But I'm totally stressed out, so I guess that's normal.

Anyhoo... BD and I broke up and got back together and in the time we were apart, I had assumed I wouldn't be having sex so I stopped taking my BC.  And then...

Which at first made me feel like:

But then, by about 6mo along, I was like:

Because I finally felt like I got a handle on who I was before I met BD, before a particularly dark period of my life (that led me to that dirtbag in the first place).

And then an old flame contacted me out of the blue, we had lost touch maybe 7-10 years prior to this point.  But, tbh, feelings never went away. Because, even though I never wanted kids, I would tell my friends:

We started dating when I was 8mo pregnant and he's been the best daddy ever since. Which, omg, is the sexiest thing ever.

Sometimes, I feel like we're:
    ^^ old school nerdy

Also, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing either.  But I can tell you this...

Because I am:

and my BF is:

My DD is going to turn out to be:
    ^^ FUCKING AWESOME.

Just believe in yourself, @st3wd.  You got this.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • The love I have for you guys... It's unreal. :x

imageimageimage
  • @St3wd your awesome! So ill share this gif of shirtless jax teller with you.

Does any else feel a little hot in here?

imageimageimage
  • I do have to admit that he's totally not my type.  Haha, I'm not sure I have a type, did we talk about this once before??

Anyway, I love Prince Eric.  Yes, he's a cartoon, but he's GORGEOUS.  And, I might add, my BF totally looks like him.  I mean, if Prince Eric wasn't a cartoon.  I should grow my hair out and dye it red.  Then BF and I could be like:

• I have a thing for well defined pecs. Or sculpted shoulders. hahahaha
    Like Chris Hemsworth:

Although my celeb BF is Jake Gyllenhaal:

imageimageimage
  • I love charlie hunnam. But bf actually looks like the guy who plays opie on sons of anarchy. No judgment @20thirteen eric is a sexy cartoon29
  • jellybean529jellybean529 member
    edited November 2014
    Oooh I'll play. Lemme see if I can cram 13 years into one post...lol

Met my STBXH when I was 20 and he was 18. We had a long distance relationship. He moved to Florida about a year into the relationship and proposed on my 22nd birthday.

We moved up north, our relationship went south (he was constantly hitting on other girls, saying he'd leave me for them, etc) and we broke up when I was 23. I moved back to Florida. 

(Shoulda stayed out when I was out!)

We reconciled and about six months later he followed me back here. A year after that we got married...I was 25, he was 22.

Married life was great! About three years into our marriage, when I was 27, our daughter was born.

And life was pretty crazy after that. His job worked him long hours, I had PPD/PPA, I went back to school to get my masters, DD was a cranky/colicky baby, and we were constantly exhausted. Nevertheless, we muddled through.

In 2012, he accepted a job in Boston. He had applied and interviewed against my wishes and I was not happy. 

I left my job of 10 years and packed up and moved back up north with him, kiddo in tow.

In February of 2013 I discovered he'd been having an online affair with a friend of a friend. They may or may not have met in person. 

I decided to give him a second chance, and then in September 2013 I learned he had a "thing" with one of his coworkers...at which point I was all..

I moved back to Florida in January of this year with DD (who is now six years old). He wound up taking a job in Louisiana.

And life has kind of been at a standstill since then. Divorce is the plan, I'm just waiting for the right time to file I guess? Finances are tough so I'm waiting on that to settle down. He keeps making noise about wanting us to get back together and seems sad that I'm not interested.

I'm living with my sister and her kids and her b/f right now and it's really uncomfortable but we're moving out in about six weeks. 

And that's me! And I <3 this board and all the girls on it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • We love you too jellybean!
  • jellybean529 Where is your last gif from? That's too funny.

imageimageimage
  • ST3WD said:
    jellybean529 Where is your last gif from? That's too funny.
    It's from a gay/lesbian web series called The Outs, which I admittedly have never watched. I thought the gif was funny too though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"