Single Parents

*chirp chirp*

What is going on? This place is so quiet recently...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: *chirp chirp*

• Thats what i thought, where the fuck did everyone go?
  • Loading the player...
  • @Becwheat does that mean there is no baby yet?
  • Does anyone know what happened to @mrslynnyd she seemed to disappear right after eg had her gbcb.

There seems to be a lot of posters who just went awol
  • I've been having technical difficulties and some family issues. 

vvTL;DR = My dad's recent-er reliance on my siblings and me has really taken a chunk of my time.

My dad moved back in town last week after being kicked out of his SIL's house because they've never liked each other. (She's the sister who always pressured my mom to divorce him when he developed heart issues in 2009. They had been married and are still in love for over 20 years at that point, but I suppose some spinsters just never understand happiness.) He was there with my mom and younger brother who were all evicted in June because of medical issues/bills. Now it's up to me (23, pregnant, working from home) and my younger sister (21, 3 p/t jobs, f/t student 3 semesters from graduation... I like to brag about how proud I am of her) to shuttle him around from my brother's place (He has a f/t night job) to drs, lawyers for his disability hearing, grocery shopping, everything. It's really eaten into my Bump/work-from-home time, but I have tons of mini-goals with him. Tomorrow is laundry. 

Other than that, I don't really have the hang of starting threads with relevant topics or anything I think others find interesting yet. The Bump's renowned snark has me very intimidated. I don't even like posting in my BMB because one (or all) of the "core group" always has something negative to say or infers something from your point you don't mean at all.

And their spam thread moves so damn fast! Are these bitches sitting around all day ignoring life for the sake of a screen??

If we start a spam or random thread everyday though, I would be totally down. I may not have a daily "DH did this" story, but I'd love to be able to say "Hey, anyone else becoming obsessed with Ink Master?"

becwheat Is a random thread something we typically do? Do we have a daily post? I'm having trouble keeping up right now, but everything is supposed to return to normal after Thanksgiving. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • @Stwd were a lot less snarky. Honest, but there is not whole lot of snark.

Id be interested in a spam thread. We all have randoms in our life.

Also bmb tend to be more snarky because of the nature of the beast. And it sounds like youve got a lot on your plate right now
  • @Stwd were a lot less snarky. Honest, but there is not whole lot of snark. Id be interested in a spam thread. We all have randoms in our life. Also bmb tend to be more snarky because of the nature of the beast. And it sounds like youve got a lot on your plate right now
    Oh yeah.  Them bitches. I stopped posting to my BMB because I got fed up with the drama it created.  I started a thread about restless legs during my pregnancy and some poster took the opportunity to chastise me about the name I chose for my daughter.  I'm 100% serious.

Does anyone know what happened to @mrslynnyd she seemed to disappear right after eg had her gbcb. There seems to be a lot of posters who just went awol
    She changed her name.  Something to do with freedom, but I don't remember what exactly.  Let me see if I can page her... was it @freeatlast?  Were there numbers after that? 

@mamaunicorn - things going alright with you?

What about that girl who was TTC to be SMBC? Anyone remember her username?

And... @gamera3000... where oh where is gamera?!
  • FYI @freeatlast does not tag any user.
  • Ohhh i remember what it is its @freeatlast2014 where you been?

I actually liked my bmb but i was lucky to be part of a great group of women, our board just kinda turned into zombieville after the mass exodous to facebook.
  • @Stwd were a lot less snarky. Honest, but there is not whole lot of snark. Id be interested in a spam thread. We all have randoms in our life. Also bmb tend to be more snarky because of the nature of the beast. And it sounds like youve got a lot on your plate right now
    Oh yeah.  Them bitches. I stopped posting to my BMB because I got fed up with the drama it created.  I started a thread about restless legs during my pregnancy and some poster took the opportunity to chastise me about the name I chose for my daughter.  I'm 100% serious.
    Way to stay on topic, guise. So it had an offensive origin and spelling and all that jazz? haha I have a VERY limited number of friends on mine, which is why I stay there, but all the arguments end up like:

imageimageimage
  • Haha, no, because she's named after a comic book character.
  • I dont go on the baby names board cause there is a lot of hate for my sons name because its such a "trashy teen mom name" but weirdly i never got shit for bs name on my bmb.

But i like trending names, i dont mind gender neautral names i actually like a couple of them.
  • I never went on the baby names board.  I figured it would've been worse than my BMB.  Nothing like a board full of overly hormonal women asked about baby names...
  • Haha, no, because she's named after a comic book character.
    Can I ask which one??  :-? I am in the market right now... haha

I dont go on the baby names board cause there is a lot of hate for my sons name because its such a "trashy teen mom name" but weirdly i never got shit for bs name on my bmb. But i like trending names, i dont mind gender neautral names i actually like a couple of them.
    I don't even know what this means. Am I too young at 23 to know? Now I'm second guessing all my picks so far.  @-)

imageimageimage
  • ST3WD said:

Haha, no, because she's named after a comic book character.

Can I ask which one??  :-? I am in the market right now... haha

I dont go on the baby names board cause there is a lot of hate for my sons name because its such a "trashy teen mom name" but weirdly i never got shit for bs name on my bmb.

But i like trending names, i dont mind gender neautral names i actually like a couple of them.

I don't even know what this means. Am I too young at 23 to know? Now I'm second guessing all my picks so far.  @-)

My sons name is bentley like that kid from teen mom, but not named after said child. The bnb is a bunch of woman who like traditional names and are into the history of names and thats fine.

@st3wd when it comes to baby names there is a fine line between oicking a name you love and a name your child can go through this world with.

Out of curiousity what names are you looking at?
  • Bentley is nice! I never watched the teen mom series, so I missed the reference. 

I'd like the first name to start with a 'B' and the middle to start with a vowel.

Top 3 Girls - Bailey, Bernadette, Bianca
    Top 3 Boys - Bane, Bernard, Basil
    Top MNs- Olivander, Olivia/Oliver, Ulysses, Evelyn 

imageimageimage
  • Im swooning over bernadette! Im a big bang theory fan and im loving that name
  • DD is named Harley Quinn. She's my favorite character in batman. If DD was a boy, she would've been named Bruce Wayne (both names just so happen to run in the family. Bruce from my dad's side, Wayne from my mom's).

I LOVE the name Oliver, always have. I feel like Bernard would be the only name that goes with Oliver (imo). I am loving Bernadette for a girl, Bernadette Evelyn kind of meshes to me. Dumb question: olivander, is that a unisex name? Or male/female?

I'm a fan of Bane, but none of the middles you listed seem to go with Bane.

Of course, this is all just my opinion...
  • I think olivander is a boy name @20thirteen but my only true knowledge of it is that olivander was the surname of a wand maker in harry potter. Said wand maker was a man
  • I LOVE Harley Quinn! Such a cute name too! :D I thought you might've gone for something like Dr.Freeze if they butchered you, but these women tend to be unreasonable. I love Bruce too, but he can't go on the list because of bad past experiences with one. 

Minnesota's right about Olivander. He's one of my favorite (and one of the most crucial!) characters from HP, so that's a bit of nerd showing. Bane is also from Batman, and he's one of THE BEST people to play on the Injustice video game. Bernadette was added to the top because of the character from BBT, but it doesn't hurt that it's in my family. 
    Opps, now all my nerd's showing. :\">

I haven't really delved into middle names yet, but I "know" it's a girl, so I probably won't get to use the best name ever. I seriously thought it was a stroke of genius to go for Bernard Olivander. 

imageimageimage
  • Bernadette Hermione. Just saying. To much name? I really love Hermione. When i told bf that he told me my nerd was showing and i should tuck that back in. Ill find away to sneak harry potter into a future childs name
  • @st3wd Trust me, I know where Bane came from ;)  And, yeah, them bitches seriously chastised me for Harley Quinn! I mean, the character's real name was Harleen Quinzel.  That sounded too southern belle for me so I went with Harley Quinn.  I debated on Selina Kyle, but one of BD's exes (a convicted prostitute, I learned) was named Kyla and I thought Kyle and Kyla was just too close.

Haha, I love that you said you "know" you're having a girl.  Because I "knew" I was having a boy.  Did you check out the Chinese gender chart on here?  It told me I was having a girl, and I was like "psht, this shit is fake."  Lo and behold, I have a little girl. HAHA

And be proud of your nerding.  Some of the best of us are nerds. Myself included (lol).

@minnesotamomma91 - I think she fits in well with us.
  • @20Thirteen i think your righ. @st3wd you definitley fit in well here
  • 20thirteen I like Selina Kyle tooooo! Though I've always wanted my pregnancies to be named in alphabetical order, like in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Names are hard.  :((

I was (and still technically am) Team Green, because I honestly don't care either way, but long story short: my u/s tech announced that Lil' Peanut haz cheezeburger knowing I didn't want to find out at my a/s. When I was in shock because she had announced my daughter has a healthy vulva, she giggled and asked if I was sure I didn't want to know. 

I already did at that point. (>.<) I complained to the office manager, and as I was leaving I could hear the tech saying, "Oh, she's not old enough to know what I meant." :-O
    Because I'm only 23 and pregnant, I can't know what her scientific terminology means. I called from the parking lot and made sure her name was stamped on the outside of my file as in "DO NOT". 

Good, good... They think I fit in. >:)

imageimageimage
  • People are dumb. They think young parent means stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"