Third-Party Reproduction

*Third-Party Reproduction Check-in* Nov 3

RunCC37RunCC37 member
edited November 2014 in Third-Party Reproduction
This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates as well! If you don't check-in for 3 weeks you'll be removed from the list but we'll happily add you back next time you check in! NOTE: Board etiquette - please post BFPs separately from the check-in, with a warning in message title. Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps? How are you feeling? QOTW: How was your Halloween? Welcome
@IRR - DEg - ER was on 10/30. When is ET? GL!!
@misslayla88 - DS - waiting to O and will inseminate with DS. GL! Hugs
@lincoln79 – T&Ps going your way for your mother <3 In the 2WW
@doodiebug18 – DS – IUI#3 was on 10/26. When is beta? GL!!!
@Lacyj67 – DEg – FET on 10/29! When is beta?
@Thespis7 – DS – Beta for IUI #3 is on 11/6. FX hard!!
@StephieMK – DS – IUI #5 was on 10/24. When is beta? GL!! Currently Cycling/Scheduled
@mm29 – DS – ER on 11/3! GOOD LUCK!!!
@RunCC37 – DEg – Currently on Estrogen Phase+KK protocol for @11/13-11/18 ER/ET.
@sorrellam30 – DEg – Estrogen Phase in progress! Donor is stimming! Waiting to Cycle
@ceemonkey – DEg/DS – making a plan for the final transfer. Hugs <3
@chicagobride07 – DEg – Waiting for Dr. KK appt in December.
@Km672 – DEg/DS – Big, huge hugs on your BFN & loss of your last frostie
@Love4Labs826 – DEm – Working on some lining issues before next transfer.
@marshmallowevening – DEm – Working on making a match. GL!!
@refeek1 – DEg – New protocol for next FET & a hysteroscopy on CD6-12 once AF arrives.
@Rumbera28 – DEg – planning on IVF in Barbados in the summer
@vibeee - DEg - waiting for a schedule to get started in SG’s 3:1 program Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
@Mama-Bear – GS – EDD 6/21/15! Took a video of the first u/s for the IPs. So sweet!!
@surromama6 – SM – are you a Surrogate? Gestational Carrier? Please clarify Pregnant!
@lincoln79 – IP-GC – EDD 11/7/14! 7 frosties on ice. Waiting (im)patiently for Squirts arrival!
@sammer 818 – IP-GC – EDD 11/23/14 (Induce Date 11/21 or 11/10)! It’s a BOY!
@Mrs.McIrish – DEg – Twin girls! EDD 12/2/14 (Induce Date 11/19)! I hope you can get comfortable soon!
@TRexsMum – IP-GC – EDD 1/10/15! Nursery is officially in progress!
@ksgsmu – DEg – EDD 1/12/15 – TWINS! FX your cervix stays long and closed until it’s time!
@datingbettyboop – IP-GC – EDD 2/17/15! It’s a GIRL!!
@BeckyP005 – DEg – EDD 2/22/15 – I hope you can kick that cough to the curb soon!
@pmv81 – DS – EDD 3/12/15 – Team Pink & feeling movement!
@1220winterbride – DEg – EDD 5/25/15! Hooray for the reassurance of pregnancy symptoms!
@JimBobCooter – DEg – EDD 6/14/15! I hope your M/S eases up on you soon! Parenting
@brooklynesque – DEg – Baby Girl Squeak was born 7/24/14!
@DoublePortion – DEm – Boy/Girl twins born on 6/30/14!
@e74 – DEm – Twin boys born in 2013 and are on the move! Hello crawling and cruising!
@Lacyj67 – DEg – Parenting foster son! PJ will be walking before you know it!
@2MamazinSeattle – DEg/DS – Baby Simone Louise was born happy & healthy on 8/21/14!!
**SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
       Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!

Re: *Third-Party Reproduction Check-in* Nov 3

• Loading the player...
  • I'm doing well.  Thee food aversions have hit hard.  I wouldn't say I'm nauseous as it's not like it's been in any previous pg but my belly just feels "off" and icky.  No appointment for another 2.5 weeks, I'm meeting with a new doc that came highly recommended since I'm trying for a VBA2C.  We're hoping we get another scan.  IP's went to a wedding this weekend and someone thought it would be appropriate to tell IM that she had a m/c after seeing the HB.  While IM knows that the risk is lowered greatly, it would be nice to have that reassurance.  Why stupid people have to talk just boggles my mind. 

QOTW:  Our Halloween was nice, it was freezing but the kids had a ball.  We went to the store the day after and they all bought extra costumes just to play in

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Donor retrieval is tomorrow! So nervous about many different things. @RunCC37‌ Yay on stims!! @Mrs.mcirish I can't believe how far along you are, it seems like that bfp was yesterday! So happy for you

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yep, battling the 2ww! Beta is Thursday morning (11/6)! I've done pretty well abstaining from POAS. I did once Saturday morning (8dpiui) to make sure the trigger was out of my system. Even that BFN bummed me out a little. Stupid, I know. I think I'm giving in tomorrow morning since I'll be 11dpiui...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @StephieMK‌ we both have Beta checks on Thursday! FX for both of us!!
  • Hugs it anyone who needs it... Nothing exciting on our end. QOTW: We were in Disney with our oldest over Halloween so he trick or treated there... We usually do not get trick or treaters.
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • @RunCC37‌ - best of luck on this cycle! I really, really hope you get to transfer and all of your hard work pays off!

@sorrellam30‌ - fx for a great retrieval and lots and lots of healthy eggs!!

@MrsMcIrish - you're almost there mama!! I'm very excited for you-

As for me, I haven't checked in because I've been grieving.

Other than that, I've been trying to move on with my life. I'm trying to get a new job. (I had stayed at my job because the schedule would have been perfect, if we had a child.) For the first time in a very long time, my life is not revolving around IF treatments and it's sad and better at the same time.

I will have an appt with my former RE in MA because they have a frozen egg bank and that is most likely how we will proceed, if we decide to try again. He does not believe in immune issues, so I'm planning on keeping my plans of working with Dr KK private. I'm not sure if it would work out. If you are working with her, could you give me some insight on this?

I *think* I've got it in me to try 1 more time, but that's it. I just don't believe it will work and I just can't live like this anymore.

Qotw: Halloween was lots of fun. My husband and I went to a party and dressed up.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• @RunCC37‌ whoa on those pills girl! @sammer818‌ and @Mrs.McIrish so close! @1220winterbride‌ GL tomorrow. @Thespis7‌ and @StephieMK‌ thinking positive thoughts for you two :)@sorrellam30‌ how exciting!
    @Km672‌ I can't even imagine how hard this is for you and YH. This makes me sad. Many prayers for your next cycle. Hugs...

AFM not much going on. 24 wks. Battling an awful cough. Chest xray showed nothing so doc put me on cough sryup w/codeine. Nothing else has worked so hoping this does the trick.

QOTW: Stopped over to see my nephew and nieces then came back home to hand out candy. Was really looking forward to a night out line dancing but too sick to go :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• GL to those cycling!
    Hugs to those who need them!!

AFM:  My retrieval went well! They talked me into doing it without anesthesia, it wasn't bad at all, no more painful than a pap smear. The egg was mature they have ICSI it, and they will call tomorrow with a fertilization report! We will be freezing at blastocyst stage and then talk on Monday about my next cycle if all goes well. Now I need to start praying that I have a beautiful blast in 5 days!

QOTW:  Halloween wasn't too bad.  Lots of activities at work, and then I came home.  I learned my 3 year old niece didn't have a costume, so I went and picked her up one, she wanted to be a Cop, LOL.  She is the biggest tom boy, it's super cute.  We took her trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and then just chilled for the rest of the night.  
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • @Thespis7‌ Yes! FX!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congratulations @lincoln79 and continued T&Ps for your mother <3

@Km672 - I'm working with KK, so let me know if you have any questions or want to chat. I was very skeptical when I made the appointment in April. I swore up and down all summer long that it was a waste of time. I almost canceled our appointments several times. By some miracle, I got my booty to Chicago on 8/20 and had all of the testing done. It turns out that I had a lot more going on than I ever knew... I have an autoimmune disease (Sjogren's Syndrome), a blood flow restriction to the uterus (Dr. KK said my implantation zone was a 0 out of 5, 5 being best...), a Protein S deficiency, among many other things... I am glad that I kept the appointment. Is it possible that all of this is overkill? Of course. But considering this is our last phase in treatments, it was crucial to us that we do EVERYTHING under the sun to help stack the odds in our favor. I will say that it has been EXTREMELY stressful, and a lot of work. Seriously, IVF on crack. All four of my OE IVF cycles combined and multiplied by 10. But worth it. Because at the end of this road, whether it works or not, we'll know that we tried everything. No regrets. Sending hugs <3
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Hi all!

Nothing really new with me. I'm trying to stay positive that we have a successful iui. Beta will be 11/ 10 if we make it that far.

Halloween was fun! We took my 2 year old niece to my work for trick or treating and walked around with her and the family when our town had trick or treat.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • @km672, I am thinking of you and sorry that your journey is so tough. I completely get where you are coming from. As for me, we are plugging along. DH is reaching the end of the road with this. We had a discussion this weekend and while he would be delighted with another child, he wants the cycling to be over ASAP. He's tired of the constant failures and just wants us to concentrate on what we do have. I get his point. I'm moving forward with an FET right away and will start when AF comes, likely late this week. My saline sonogram that I did last month was clear. RE put me back on synthroid, at my request, for my "high normal" TSH. We will also try intralipids this time, even though my very basic immune workup was normal. My RE has had good success with them for recurrent failures before. I do have an appointment with Dr. KK in December, will likely transfer before then. If this FET fails (and I fully envision it will), I need to consider if I will indeed see Dr. KK. I am really debating keeping that appointment. I have serious concerns on overall cost, and no one from that office has been willing or able to call me back to discuss, despite me trying for months now. They might be great to work with after you actually see the doc, but before that, my experience has not been stellar. Also, I have to be realistic about what I will actually do with all the information she gives me. IVIG is completely off the table for me, for a variety of reasons. Adding more meds to the mix isn't something I'm thrilled about either. My plan all along was to see KK for the initial two appointments, discuss the results with my RE and have him manage me for the final cycle. I had to move heaven and earth to get off work for my initial appointment (there's also no flexibility on that with KK, either), so I can't envision having to do that on a more regular basis. That said, people love her, and she seems to do a lot of good for folks. I think I'm just nearing the end with these treatments and starting to reach the limits of what I can and will do. =)

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• @Runcc37 - thx for the reply! Just curious, how much monitoring is required during the cycle w/ KK? I think she uses Quest labs for out of state monitoring, is that true?

I have to be honest, I am willing to try anything (including IVIG) once, but I'm not ok with doing everything she says and then canceling my transfer if something is out of wack. I would be willing to do a precycle test run, but once we start, I'm not postponing transfer.

Let me know your thoughts. Is this realistic? My RE will absolutely not work with her, is it possible to cycle with my RE without him knowing?

@chicagobride_07‌ - I am having the same thoughts. I am willing to try whatever she recommends once, but that's it.

There comes a point that this all feels like a huge waste of time, money and emotional energy. I'm hoping to start a new job and will have very little flexibility with getting time off, so this is a concern for me too.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Giant hugs to km672. I wish this would work for you. I do know others have done immune tx without tellng the RE.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Negative beta today. De fet # 3 was a fail. Two embryos left and we're done. Pretty disappointed to say the least.
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• @Lacyj67‌ - oh no! I'm so very sorry.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am so, so sorry Lacy. @km672, that sucks about your RE. Is it that he won't co manage with another doc (my RE wouldn't be thrilled about this either), or just that he is opposed to immune treatments in general? Can you have a heart to heart with him about this? It seems like you've tried so much without success, he should at least be open to a second opinion on what to do, and then you can go from there. I had the same issue intially with my RE, who is wonderful- after we sat down and discussed his concerns we reached a solution. He has had great success from the immune perspective with treating RPL patients. For me, I don't fit in this category and he was concerned I'd be spending a ton of money on an uncertain path. For recurrent IVF failures, none of this is really 100 percent proven which is why some insurance companies will give you a hard time. I just feel like at a certain point, a patient either needs to move forward with this experimental stuff or find a different way forward. REs should help us in this process, not make it more hard! My thoughts are with you as I know what a tough position it is to be in.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Due to family situation and having to be out of town I went to doctor today for beta and it was negative. So taking an hour to feel sad then kicking myself in the butt and gearing up for round #4.
  • Big hugs to all you ladies who are struggling with either complicated treatment paths or bfns this week.

Thinking of each of you!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Check-In: Nothing new here. Good luck to those in TWW and those who are doing retrievals this week!  

I'm still waiting for the schedule. I just figure out why I have been so depressed the past few weeks - it's the f@#ing BCP! I finally put two and two together. It's really hard to get out of bed in the morning. I am going to ask them to switch me to a different brand. It's been just awful and I need to do something about it. I haven't used BCP for 7 years and never had side effects like this before. QOTW: Halloween went by...we don't have any kids in our neighborhood so nobody bothered us. I did a big carnival for 750 people at work and it was a success and a lot of fun. So there is that!
    TTC since 2007; Unexplained; 8PG: 4CP, 2EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-9 weeks
    Getting ready for DIVF #1 - Transfer 12/16! 
  • Many (((hugs))) @Lacyj67‌ and @Thespis7‌
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

DD born July 10, 2015
    Trying for baby #2!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @km672 Giant hugs. I wish this would work for you. I would do immune tx without telling the RE if she didn’t agree.

@Lacyj67 I'm so very sorry.

@sorrellam30 I hope your donor produced lots of mature eggs for you!!

@StephanieMK and @Thespis7 good luck on your betas.

@Mrs.McIrish you are so close!! I can’t wait for you to meet your LO’s!!

my update since yesterday:  My egg fertilized normally!! I will get an update on Thursday, now I have to worry about quality. Please let our embryo be of good quality and that it grows to blast!!
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • For those of you with sad news, sorry, been there and done that as well, so I understand your disappointments and impressed with those of you looking forward to the next round.

Check-in: 
    so our 10 DE's only ended up with 3 good embryos.  Two of them were transferred to our surrogate yesterday and one was frozen and tomorrow she goes for her first blood test with her beta set for Nov 12th.  Trying hard not to think about it because we have had so much disappointment over the last 5+ years.  The progesterone shots have been really painful for "C" so we asked the doctor if we can change her protocol.  They will let her switch to inserts only once a pregnancy is concerned.  C is such a trooper for going through all of this for us.  We sent her mom a text yesterday that my DH's DNA is now in her daughter.  Such a weird thing since she has known my DH since she was 10.  I spent Sunday and Monday night with her so she didn't need to drive to the clinic and so I could make she she wasn't alone after the procedure.

QOTW:  We held our annual pumpkin carving party two weekends ago, for Halloween we just handed out candy to the neighborhood kids.  Whether was crappy on Saturday so I stayed in PJ's till 3.

Thanks for the welcome here.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• @mm29 - yay for your embryo!!

• @chicagobride_07‌ - yes, I agree... Frankly, I think it's pretty damn arrogant to tell me that you don't know what could be wrong with me and you're not willing to listen to a 2nd opinion because how could someone possibly know more than you do?

I'll just do what I need to do. Hopefully, there is a way to get around this mess.

• @IRR‌ ... Fingers crossed for your surrogate... Will they let her do progesterone in ethyl oelate? It is not as thick and so you can use slightly smaller needles... There is basically very little difference between that and progesterone in oil from what my re said... Good luck!!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • @IRR‌ good luck!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @RUNCC37 Good Luck!

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"