July 2014 Moms
Options

Solid foods

2»

Re: Solid foods

• Options
    DD is sitting up, holding her head up fine for a few while now and she tries to get whatever people nearby are eating. She seems interested so I've been letting her have a lick of what I'm eating if it's simple - such as a piece of apple while I hold it and then she's also had a spoon of apple sauce here and there or some avocado or squash when I'd made it for DD1.

She's just over 4 months and doesn't seem interested in more than a teaspoon full at a go but she will eat so I'm taking cues from that and offering her a bite of things she'd be ok eating but not pushing it if she doesn't seem bothered for it.

I have/will only offer her home-made foods for the forseeable future.
  • Options
    Waiting until 6 months, and BLW.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    @honeybee434 - The GI we saw this week for DS2's MSPI told us to wait until he turned one to introduce egg because DS1 had an egg allergy. She also wanted us to have a skin test done for him before we introduce it, which surprised me.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're waiting until 5.5 months my son has shown "signs" I could choose to intrepret as readiness for a few weeks, but he's not ready. We've chosen to skip cereal, I know some people use it for reflux which he has and for helping gain weight and he's itty bitty, but I just don't see the long term benefit for us starting this early. 
    We will be doing research as the time comes closer as he already has a milk protein allergy we want to be careful about introducing possible allergens. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"