October 2014 Moms
Options

EPing Check In - Halloween Version

My nipples look scary, so I thought a Halloween check in would be fitting.

How long have you been EPing?

Any struggles/challenges?

How much milk are you pumping in a 24 hour period?

What brand pump do you use?

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

Re: EPing Check In - Halloween Version

• Options

Since DD was a few days old. Latching issues.

Any struggles/challenges? Do any of you experience a really aharp pain/pinch when you first turn the pump on? It sucks! (Pun not intended) also, I seem to keep changing my mind about continuing to EP. I left a long rant the other day about switching to FF but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Anywhere from 35-40 ounces. I pump every 4-5 hours as I feel the need.

Medela Pump In Style Advanced with a hands free bra.

imageimageimage

• Options

5 days.. Still a newbie

It's so frustrating that my one boob is a mega overachiever.. If the other one could catch up I wouldn't have to supplement as much formula. (Currently working on milk supply!)

How much milk are you pumping in a 24 hour period? It's been varying. I wasn't as dedicated when I first started as what I've learned I NEED to be in order to get a better supply. I would say I've been getting 10-15oz a day.

Medela pump in style advanced. Just received the hands free pumping bra today

Also just used the hands free pumping bra for the first time... Started pumping and 5 mins later found myself in a puddle of milk. I forgot to put a bottle on the left side :(( very sleep deprived today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsSinner402‌, how often do you personally sanitize your parts?

Also, any tips for getting condensation out of the tubing?
  • Options
    cshade07 said:

@MrsSinner402‌, how often do you personally sanitize your parts?

Also, any tips for getting condensation out of the tubing?

I keep them in the fridge all day and wash them once. :) its been a lifesaver. To get condensation out unhook the tubing from your flanges (leave them connected to the pump) and just turn the pump on high. It pushes out the condensation fairly well.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Wow! How do you get so many ounces a day? Especially with only pumping every 4 hours? I'm still trying to bf and supplementing...pump every 2 to 3 hours with at least once at night and get about 2 to 4 ounces a session (usually 2)..: I have the PIS and the LC said I'd need to get a hospital grade pump to increase supply...that true? Was hing I could do it with the pump I have.
    BabyFetus Ticker} Mom to 3 with one on the way. EDD 10/04/14
  • Options

I have been EPing for two weeks tomorrow. I have production issues and was really stressed about how much BM my baby was (or was not) getting.

When I first turn on the pump its tender and hurts, but goes away quickly. Otherwise, no issues.

Only about 15 oz :(( so I'm supplementing with formula.

Madela
  • Options

I have been pumping for about seven weeks. Started a few days after Norah was born.

I have to continue a pretty rigorous pumping schedule so taking care of two littles while trying to keep up has been hard.

I pump about 45 ounces a day.

I have the Medela PISA.
  • Options
    I've been pumping since PP day 2 so almost 3 weeks. I'm still trying to BF so we get in a couple BF sessions in with me pumping after. I try to either pump or BF every 3-4 hours. I pump about 26 oz, less of I'm BFing more often. My problem with BF is bad nipple pain. I was all excited yesterday that I had two good sessions in a row, but the third was excruciating and the one nursing session today was also painful. My nipples are a mess, they are mostly bruised looking with blisters.

I EPed for a year with DD1. I never had the large supply that some of you ladies have. I make enough with regular pumping but I've never been able to freeze more than about 4 oz extra a day. With DD1 it took me about a month to increase my supply enough to feed her solely BM. The only thing that I could tell works is poweraid and lots of water.

Right now I'm using a hospital pump, medela symphony. If I keep EPing I will switch to an Ameda hospital grade pump. You can rent them much cheaper than the Medela pumps though the Ameda direct website. I see a nominal increase in milk supply, if any, by using the hospital pump, but I like having a pumping station at home and then having my personal pump for work and when we go places.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options

Wow! How do you get so many ounces a day? Especially with only pumping every 4 hours? I'm still trying to bf and supplementing...pump every 2 to 3 hours with at least once at night and get about 2 to 4 ounces a session (usually 2)..: I have the PIS and the LC said I'd need to get a hospital grade pump to increase supply...that true? Was hing I could do it with the pump I have.

I'm thinking its because my supply is established already? How long have you been pumping? It took me probably 3-4 weeks.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm thinking its because my supply is established already? How long have you been pumping? It took me probably 3-4 weeks.

Did you establish by keeping up with a every 2-3 hour schedule for a certain length of time? Just trying to figure out if I'd be able to establish a good milk supply with pumping at this point, 4 weeks in. Would be great if I could pump every 4-5 hours...not sure if I'll be able to get to that point though. Thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker} Mom to 3 with one on the way. EDD 10/04/14
  • Options

Did you establish by keeping up with a every 2-3 hour schedule for a certain length of time? Just trying to figure out if I'd be able to establish a good milk supply with pumping at this point, 4 weeks in. Would be great if I could pump every 4-5 hours...not sure if I'll be able to get to that point though. Thanks!

Yeah I did every 2-3 hours for 3-4 weeks.

imageimageimage

• Options
    2 weeks
    Keeping up with the every 2-3 hour schedule. I am doing a mix of BF and EPing it seems to be going very well for the most part.  I am pumping more this week than last which is great.

Around 24-30 at this point

Medela Advanced I believe 

View Full Size Image
  • Options
    1 1/2 weeks, baby is 2 weeks tomorrow and there were latch/supply issues from the get go.

Like pp said, keeping up with the pumping schedule! It really is double the work to pump, then feed. When I'm just too tired to get in that 7th our 8th pump of the day I'll power pump (10 min pumping, break for 30, then repeat 3 or 4 times) and skip the last pump.or 2 of the day.... because sleep. This is usually when LO isn't fussy and DH and I are relaxing on the couch. I also noticed a leap I'm production the day after I power pump.

Around 24-32 at this point. For those who just started, a week and a half ago I was pumping less than 10oz day, so don't get discouraged!

Medela Symphony (hospital grade), but I only have that for 2 and a half weeks longer. Then I'll use the Ameda purely yours, which was covered by my insurance.

• Options

I gave been only pumping since Monday. Before I was supplementing until my milk came in.

Not really with the actual pumping. DS nurses great. I am still uncomfortable with it. Pumping allows me to see how much he is getting each feeding since he went from 11lbs 2oz at birth to 10lbs 4 oz day 3 and 10lbs 2 oz say 5 at the pedi. I took him for a weigh in today ( day 12) and he is still only 10 lbs 4 oz. He is eating great and pooping a lot just no where near birth weight yet :/

32-40 oz I pump 4 times/day.

Medela PISA
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I gave been only pumping since Monday. Before I was supplementing until my milk came in.

Not really with the actual pumping. DS nurses great. I am still uncomfortable with it. Pumping allows me to see how much he is getting each feeding since he went from 11lbs 2oz at birth to 10lbs 4 oz day 3 and 10lbs 2 oz say 5 at the pedi. I took him for a weigh in today ( day 12) and he is still only 10 lbs 4 oz. He is eating great and pooping a lot just no where near birth weight yet :/

32-40 oz I pump 4 times/day.

Medela PISA

You only pump 4 times a day? So like every 6 hours? Wow!

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"