October 2014 Moms

UO Anyone?

Bueller?

And some judging you eye candy...
Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

Re: UO Anyone?

• Loading the player...
  • @MRSclarke08‌ I want another one too! Was thinking to myself when DS slept a 6-hour stretch the other night, I wonder if my fertility will return earlier this time around and I can get pregnant sooner! Last time I didn't begin ovulating till DS was 18mo.
    imageimage
  • @Mrsclarke08

I've been thinking about another baby too. Mostly because it makes me sad that LO is already growing so fast. Like where did my little 6 lb baby go already?! Why are we in size 1 diapers and 3 month onesies?! :((

In all seriousness, I hope to be pregnant sometime between February-March next year.
  • Leysin97Leysin97 member
    edited October 2014
    I am not annoyed that DH doesn't help with the MOTN feedings/changes. DH works long days and gets home really late. He usually holds LO for a little bit around midnight before going to bed. I then let him sleep and take care of LO. When he has the next day off I might wake him if I really need his help but usually won't. I know other mommas get annoyed when their DH is snoring sound asleep but really there is not much he can do in my case since he doesn't have boobies. Not sure how much of an UO this is...

Edit:I'm on my iPad so constantly making autocorrect mistakes. Sorry.
  • Leysin97 said:

I am not annoyed that DH doesn't help with the MOTN feedings/changes. DH works long days and gets home really late. He usually holds LO for a little bit around midnight before going to bed. I then let him sleep and take care of LO. When he has the next day off I might wake him if I really need his help but usually won't. I know other mommas get annoyed when their DH is snoring sound asleep but really there is not much he can do in my case since he doesn't have boobies. Not sure how much of an UO this is...

Edit:I'm on my iPad so constantly making autocorrect mistakes. Sorry.

I'm the same way. I don't mind getting up with DS and letting DH sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Emerald27‌ I think my UO would be I hate footed pajamas. LO is a kicker, so getting her feet back in and zipped up is a process.

@ashie0610‌ DH knows not to fold laundry because I will just undo it and refold it. Family members did laundry for us while I was we were in the hospital, it was nice...but

@golfingdarwinfish‌ I am right there with you! I am not sure if it is because DH has been so sweet with DD or what but I am finding him irresistible and we are practicing great restraint with no penetration.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Leysin97Leysin97 member
    edited October 2014
    @caranichole‌ I agree. I don't know why I get congrats for breastfeeding. I totally understand why some women either can't or chose not to. Plus why do people even care? It's not their baby nor will it affect them at all. 

Edit: affect vs effect..ok maybe right the first time, changed it back, keep going back and forth. This is always my biggest grammar fail and struggle.
  • I'm another who doesn't wake DH in the MOTN. He works 12 he days and I'm not working, so unless I'm really losing my shit with a baby who won't go back to sleep I just do it myself. He helps out plenty when he's home and awake.
  • I prefer snapped footie pajamas to the zipper ones. I have a really hard time getting the zipper started when I'm exhausted, but I can still figure out snaps.
  • I don't expect my husband to get up in the middle of the night and I even make sure he sleeps in. He'll even wake up and I always ask him what he's doing and to go back to bed because it's pointless. I do understand why seeing him sleep soundly is annoying when you're exhausted though. Like just grow some boobs please!
  • Emerald27 said:

My UO is that all baby clothes should be footed pjs. Why bother with onesies and pants and other several-step outfits?

Also clothing related, I hate snaps at night. I can never figure out how to snap DS' clothes together properly. I think I have more stress over this and lose more sleep sitting there re-snapping than I do changing diapers and nursing. ~X(

Wait. Your baby wears clothes? This thing is not in clothes unless we leave the house. We have a dresser and clay full of clothes. We do not care...
  • JessAnnJ said:

This has got to be an UO because at least half of the birth announcements have this in it, but I find the title "breastfeeding champ" annoying. Maybe it's because I've had lots of BF issues. I don't get why people don't just say BFing is going well. Where did the whole champ thing come from?

Totally agree. That term drives me insane. Can't you just say, "he's nursing great"?
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • I don't mind "breastfeeding champ" but I can see how one might feel that it's overused and may even find it annoying. 
    beezbeez said:
    I hate football.
    girrrrrrrl  whaaaaat?!?!

lol just kidding. I love football now because I understand it and DHs family is a football family but before I understood the game, I didn't like it either. 

• I don't mind "breastfeeding champ" but I can see how one might feel that it's overused and may even find it annoying. 
    beezbeez said:
    I hate football.
    girrrrrrrl  whaaaaat?!?!

lol just kidding. I love football now because I understand it and DHs family is a football family but before I understood the game, I didn't like it either. 

• JessAnnJJessAnnJ member
    edited October 2014

SSFC2014 said:

JessAnnJ said:

This has got to be an UO because at least half of the birth announcements have this in it, but I find the title "breastfeeding champ" annoying. Maybe it's because I've had lots of BF issues. I don't get why people don't just say BFing is going well. Where did the whole champ thing come from?

I hate that too. Drives me crazy.
    I said LO was one because she was considered premature and I was forced to also supplement on top of issues with bilirubin and still being able to breastfeed without issues i realize is not common so hell yep im proud of that fact!
    I'm happy for your success and everyone else's. I think breastfeeding is incredibly hard and I don't blame people for being proud of successfully BFing. The "champ" part just seems kind of my baby is better than yours and I don't get why so many people use the phrase.

Anyway, my baby is most definitely not a BFing champ...or maybe it's me that's not a BFing champ.

ETA - I don't think you were trying to say your LO is better than other kiddos, that is just how that phrase sounds to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Right there with the other mommas that dont see it necessary to wake up DH. He is great and he works his butt off for us and helps as much during the day as he can. So the chubknof time he sleeps around his awkward work schedule I'm not going to wake him unless absolutely needed.

@golfingdarwinfish‌ I have been wanting.NY husband so bad lately. In only 10 days pp and I feel like my old self. I just told him when he left for work that it feels so good to be turned on by him again. It wasa long 9 months. Only 5 more weeks til sex again for me ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Emerald27 said:

~X(

YES!!!  I put a whole 5-step outfit in Mr. D yesterday and he proceeded to pee and poop on everything in a matter of an hour.  It was such a waste of time to put it in him!

My UO - Yep, I'm the special snowflake who already wants another baby.  And I want to jump DH's bones every single day.  He's such a hot dad (DILF??)!

I am the same way. I want another baby and I want to jump dh so bad. I have my two week pp appt today and I keep telling dh I am going to ask my dr how long I *really* need to wait. I totally do sexy flirtatious poses in my granny panties and two bras when getting ready for bed. =))
  • I guess my UO is I don't want to jump DH yet? My sex drive is inexistent. I don't know what will happen next week when we hit the 6 week mark.

It might be a result of the c section, but I never want sex again just in case I were to get pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"