February 2014 Moms

Irregular or Regular

2»

Re: Irregular or Regular

• Still convinced we have one or two long-con fakes here. It would be naive to think otherwise! Creepy all the same.

This scares the crap out of me!
    Yeah, did you see the July 14 outing? Creepy as all get out!
    I didn't see it! What happened?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Still convinced we have one or two long-con fakes here. It would be naive to think otherwise! Creepy all the same.

Very regular and beloved poster who was thought to be funny and engaging was outed as being a total fake 20 year old with no kids. She claimed to be in a lesbian relationship, and when the board was getting boring she intro'd as her "spouse" under a new name. That's the post in which she was outed. It's a good read. If people's lives seem too interesting to be true...they just might be!
    Holy hell. That's really intense. Like what would possess someone to take the time, and effort, to create a fake life? On a pregnancy message board, of all places?

I just got preemptively upset that someone here might be fake. lol THANKS Tsex.

• Loading the player...

Very regular and beloved poster who was thought to be funny and engaging was outed as being a total fake 20 year old with no kids. She claimed to be in a lesbian relationship, and when the board was getting boring she intro'd as her "spouse" under a new name. That's the post in which she was outed. It's a good read. If people's lives seem too interesting to be true...they just might be!
    Dang, did I stop reading that thread too soon? I never knew she came back and explained everything. I'll have to go back and check it out when I have time. It's in the same thread? @TyrannosaurusLex

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I voted I post occasionally, the regs should recognize my name, because I don't post as frequently as the regs do, but enough I think people know me.
    imageimage

• I agree with @MissDemeanor that I don't think anyone here is a fake because no one is crazy outrageous as a lot of fakes tend to be. I've wondered in the past but now I don't think there are but who knows.

I'm tempted to make a thread where people must name the one poster they'd guess is a fake if they were forced to. But that would probably cause a lot of drama and not be just silly fun.

I really thought about who could be a fake when TLex mentioned it. I came up with a surprising answer. I don't think the person really is one but I'd guess this person if I had to.

• I try to be a regular, but life gets in the way. I lurk when Missy is playing by herself, and try to tit. I do back away when I feel like everyone gets over sensative and what not. I don't need to add others drama to my life.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I'm a regular, so that's what I voted.
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • It all gets explained later in the thread @iwubrory, but no she doesn't return . And if your guess was me, I've met 7 bumpies IRL who have a pretty good idea that I am who I say I am :)

Haha, no! @TyrannosaurusLex‌ It would be truly scary if you turned out to be fake! You'd have to be masterfully stalking/catfishing someone. I remember way back when our babies were on the inside, someone brought up harem pants and how they seem cozy. You told us about having some and how horrible they are. Then posted a pic of you in them on hdbd (I think). You would have had to remember that whomever you were catfishing had such a picture available. Ultra creepy. Of course it could be creepy that I remember this harem pants thing going down.. :) That's not the only reason I don't think you're a fake, its just what my mind went to.

• mummypig said:

I think I am a reg, although I do have the weeks where I get super busy and can't post, but someone ( @iwubrory ) seems to notice and will send me a PM to check in on me

Now I feel like that makes me creepy! Maybe I should cut that out!

• @tyrannosauruslex I am so damn self-centered (it comes from a lack of confidence, not an inflated ego!) that I automatically assume everything is about me.

I'm so proud of you!  FB can kick rocks.  The world has not come to an end, right?  People can still contact you when they need to?  You still hear about the people you care about?  It's a wonderful thing.

No joke - I hear from people more now! They're all "hey you're not on fb, I wanna see you, so I'm texting you! How is your life?" I am so paranoid I always think things are about me too...see my post a page or two back lol
    lol I got all paranoid too!! My lyfe has been insane these past couple months with the move and whatnot.

But for me, being open and honest about what's going on in my life is kind of part of my recovery -- part of alcoholism, at least for me, was pretending like I had all my shit together so no one would comment on my drinking or my insanity. If I could paint you the perfect picture, it meant everything was okay. (Snort.)

Anyway, I hate to think there are people on here pretending to be people they're not. I get that it's the internet, but I like to live in a little naive bubble instead. ;-) And to be 100% honest, I don't know that I could name anyone here that I suspected of being fake. I'm not looking for signs though, so that could definitely color my perception. 

• AudsxAudsx member
    edited October 2014
    Hey I'll openingly admit I'm a lurker- - apologies! I have tried posting in the past , but then sometimes nothing interesting was happening in my life, or else there was too much drama on the board...
    I lurk as I'm a first time mum and there is always a wealth of information/ ideas/ reassurance that things are normal on here.
    I will try to lovetit more.
  • I voted occasional poster whose name *may* be recognized.

I've been here since my BFP last June, but my fear or catfishers and Internet crazies has kept me at a distance all along. I have learned SO much from you ladies! I have just always been hesitant to post pics, personal details, where I live, etc. Which is why I never because a regular... Now that LO is mostly STTN abd mobile, my free time is very limited.
  • Interesting to think that we're bedtime reading ;)

Great. We put people to sleep. I-)

Damn. Y'all caught me. I am actually a 72 yr old man. I will still be at the SD GTG, though, so if you see an old man on the beach, it's me. (Too creepy?)

=))
    Ded.
  • And now I'm trying not to think too hard about who could be exaggerating their lives. I think it's more that many people report the drama, not the mundane (except on the Randoms thread, where we often mention eating a bowl of cereal, or going to target). Personally, I know I frequently mention my relationship crap. I doubt I ever come in and post "BF did and said nothing that upset me today. We ate chicken for dinner and watched Gold Rush". So due to my postings, you'd think we lived in high drama all the time.

Other people mention the good warm fuzzy stuff, and never talk about the hard shit. It's just different personalities, and ways of communicating. As well as how we view the world. Or, maybe for people like me, a way of getting this out, instead of bottling things up. I've suffered from anxiety and depression my whole life, and have actually been doing better than ever since my BFP. Part of that could be hormone changed, as well as drastic changes to my life. But I also attribute some of my positive changes to being part of this lovely community where I don't have to pretend to be something else. When I'm upset, I get to say so, when I'm confused I get feedback and perspective, and when I need it I get support. That's pretty cool. 

Crap, I left my point back near the first sentence. 

/dear diary 
    I can't lovetit right now so I just have to say, I <3 MissD!

• Thank you silent snowflakes for explaining the lurking. I appreciate you popping up to say hello
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • I'm a lurker.  I got my BFP later than a lot of you, so when I finally got on here, I felt like you all already knew each other.  And I tried commenting and keeping up but just couldn't.  So now I pop on at work when I can, check to see what's going on, and pretty much never comment because you'd all wonder who the hell I am.
  • I've lurked since last September! I intro'd on the lurker post several months ago but never did much else. I want to post more and interact with you lovely ladies but between time constraints and me thinking y'all will say, " who the hell is this creeper?!" I don't.
  • I have spurts where I post a lot...then I disappear for a while. So I would think people know my name, but I am in no way a regular!
  • I voted occasional, regs should recognize.

I'm 100% mobile, so posting takes a little more effort, but I try to contribute here and there. I read almost daily, but life is busy and being mobile I usually just scan the post to keep up to date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"