August 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY - baby related!

1) how long were you planning for a baby? Or was it unplanned?

2) other then your SO, who was the first person you told about your pregnancy?

3) what was your favorite part about being pregnant?

4) what was your least favorite part about being pregnant?

5) did you have a gut feeling or preference of what the sex of the baby would be? What did you end up having?

6) did you think you were going to give birth before or after your EDD? What was the outcome?

7) what was your first thought when LO was born?
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: GTKY - baby related!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. It was planned, got pregnant our second month trying
    2. We told my parents and sister on Christmas Eve
    3. I loved feeling the baby move/kick
    4. Getting up in the middle of the night to pee, and my insanely swollen feet
    5. I had no gut feeling, and no preference. DH was convinced we were having a girl. We had a girl.
    6. I thought she would be late. She came 9 days late
    7. Finally! (I was pushing for 3 hours). Let me hold her
  • Options
    1) planned but kind of on a whim- DH and I never wanted kids ever.. We decided last November that we changed our minds so I took out my Nuvaring and had a positive test a month later.

2) one of my friends was on gchat the morning I got a positive test and I blurted it out to her first!

3) the kicks and going for ultrasounds

4) I was always hungry and gained 60 lbs, half of which I can't now lose

5) I wanted a boy but thought it was a girl. I got my wish for a boy though!

6) thought I'd be super late but was induced on my due date due to low fluids

7) after 15 hours of labor I was relieved the pain was over and when I looked at him I just thought "oh my god he's perfect!" I was relieved to see him healthy and safe.
  • Options
    @lizzie82088‌ , i agree with #3, i loved the anticipation of going for ultrasounds :)
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    1) how long were you planning for a baby? Or was it unplanned? Planned. Trying for 3 months.

2) other then your SO, who was the first person you told about your pregnancy? My friends in a mom's group.

3) what was your favorite part about being pregnant? Feeling the kicks

4) what was your least favorite part about being pregnant? Dealing with a toddler while being pregnant.

5) did you have a gut feeling or preference of what the sex of the baby would be? What did you end up having? I was hoping for a boy so DH and I wouldn't have to argue about if we were going to have a 3rd. And we got the boy.

6) did you think you were going to give birth before or after your EDD? What was the outcome? I thought I would go early and I did but I was induced.

7) what was your first thought when LO was born?I can't wait to hold him (c-section).
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1) how long were you planning for a baby? Or was it unplanned? We were planning for about two years.  We had to take a break TTC because I had my thyroid removed and then go on Chlomid

His family at Christmas Eve, then my family Christmas day.  I wrapped a onsie that said "Great-grand baby Due Aug 2014" and "Grandbaby #5 Due Aug 2014" respectively.  My older sister was PISSED I didn't tell her sooner! It was hilarious!

Definitely feeling him move. And having the excuse to eat Dairy Queen a zillion times a week!

How uncomfortable it was to sleep and waking up three times a night to pee. Ugh I do not miss that at all.

5) did you have a gut feeling or preference of what the sex of the baby would be? What did you end up having?
    I KNEW it was a girl.  Absolutely certain. We were shocked to find out it was a boy at 20 weeks!

6) did you think you were going to give birth before or after your EDD? What was the outcome?
    I knew I would have him on time or late. I was hoping for early, but as a FTM I was realistic about the whole thing.  I was induced at 41 weeks and I was the angriest pregnant lady ever even though I had told myself this was probably how it was going to go.

"He's breathing? Awesome. I can f*cking sleep now." I had a rough delivery - they let my epidural wear off for my 3.5 hours of pushing and he had meconium in the water so I knew I wouldn't get to hold him right away.  All I wanted was to sleep...until I saw him 5 minutes later of course :-)
    We love August!
    Boyfriend & Girlfriend - 8.6.06
    Husband & Wife - 8.6.10
    Mom & Dad - 8.19.14

• Options
    1) I went off the pill in May but we didn't try until October.
    2) The first people we told were my mom and sister. Then DH parents.
    3) Feeling kicks and watching my belly grow!
    4) Swollen feet. Yuck!
    5) I had a feeling we were having a boy and I was right.
    6) I really thought my edd was calculated wrong and DS would be born early. He was 1 day early.
    7) My first thought was "I can't believe I just did that!... And he's beautiful!
  • Options
    >1) how long were you planning for a baby? Or was it unplanned?
    Planned, we had been NTNP for baby #2 for about a year, I actually had an appt to start fertility testing again (needed some help to conceive #1) the week I got my BFP.

I actually told a really close girlfriend before DH, ha.

My sex drive.

Sciatica being so horrible I was pretty much taken out of commission as far as exercise went.

I didn't have a clue. We were team green and thrilled and surprised about baby boy #2.

I hoped baby would arrive a couple days early, but had him at 40+6.

I DID IT!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She was very much planned.  We tried for a year and a half before I got pregnant.

my parents

I loved feeling her kick and roll around

The nausea and vomiting the first 14 weeks

I did not have a preference, but I had a dream very early on that I was having a girl and I just always thought I would have a girl.  I was right.

I thought I would deliver a little early, but I never could have imagined how early.  I delivered DD at 31 weeks.

Can she breathe?  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Planned! We were on our 4th month trying

The bump :) In person, DH's family at Christmas

Honestly, I loved being pregnant. Absolute best was feeling him move and reading my favorite books out loud to my belly.

Toward the very end I had nerve pain running from my hip to my right heel.

We were both pretty sure it was a girl! So the penis reveal was a big surprise ;)

I always had a hunch he'd be a late July rather than early August baby - and I was correct!

Oh my god he's perfect <3

image    image
  • Options
    @happylady07 I forgot about the sex drive. That was glorious. Now. . . Not so much. And @KarenC806‌ Yes, loved all the Dairy Queen!!!
  • Options
    I thought the sex drive thing was mythical. I guess not...;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Unplanned for sure. I was finishing up my last year of undergrad and we had an oops. But she's definitely my favorite oops.

My roommate at school. The line was so light, I took three tests.

I love feeling her move and seeing her on ultrasounds.

I hated having to pee all the time. So much so that I actually enjoyed having a catheter during labor.

I thought from day 1 she was a girl and she was (:

I convinced myself I would go early, and I was induced at 40+6 and had her at 41. I'm pretty sure she would have stayed in there forever.

Hurry and sew me up so I can hold her! And also that I was right about her being smaller than what everyone said she would be!
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    First, i apologize for the lack of paragraphs :-( 1) we planned for a #3 for several years but kept putting it off for various reasons. 2) I dont remember...maybe my sister? 3) im fortunate to be a glowing pg woman. Really, i was smoking hot. 4) the waiting 5) I felt like it was a girl and it was! But ive also had two practice attempts (2 other kids), so... 6) I thought id go early or on time, based on my previous experiences, but i was late. That last week was torture! 7) "shes screaming like a cat!"
    Mom to Frances, 6, Adam, 4, and baby Lila.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    1) we had been trying for just short of 3 years.

2) My parents

3) I actually enjoyed most of it. The first and last 2 weeks were hardest.

4) either dietary restrictions or losing my hair

5) we felt LO would be a boy- yup!

6) I thought for sure early- a couple days late.

7) can I eat now? (It had been 36 hours since my last meal.)

• Options
    1) how long were you planning for a baby? Or was unplanned?

Planned but on the first try so we were surprised. We wanted a baby so badly we decided to start trying right before our wedding (we had been together 4 years and engaged for 1 1/2) I was 16 weeks and still grateful the dress zipped!

My best friend who guessed before I told her.

The ultrasounds and the belly moving.

Feet in my ribs and being unable to to lay down or sit.

Yep, was convinced it was a boy and it was.

I thought I would have him in July and he came July 31st

Initially he didn't breathe so I was thinking "he will be OK, he will breathe" over and over again, then I thought he looked exactly like DH!

• Options
    1. We had been planning for a year, and were lucky enough to conceive on first attempt.

2. We told my sister about 5 minutes after we found out. Then we didn't say anything until December. My sister was so excited though that she told EVERYONE. Her friends, coworkers, even her clients.

3. I loved having him with me all the time. And my swimsuit was adorable.

4. My belly was all anyone would talk to me about. And usually it was to the tune that I was huge. :(

5. At first I was convinced we were having a boy. Then you lovely ladies brought up circumcisions and I realized I know nothing about penises and hoped for a girl. Turned out to be a boy (and the umbilical cord was scarier than his circ).

6. Convinced I was going to go early. I was induced at 39w 4d for pre-e.

7. My thoughts were: that's a lot of blood. Do we have a son or daughter? Hey lady, be careful with my baby!!! (they were cutting the cord and he was flopping all around and I didn't think she was holding him gently enough. Lol).
  • Options
    becominggoldbecominggold member
    edited October 2014
    1) Planned. We knew we were ready after our first anniversary last June, but we decided to wait until after a trip to Africa in Sept. Went off the pill in Oct, conceived Nov. Even though it was planned was not quite mentally ready for it to happen on the first try.

2. A close friend. I was nauseus a week before I missed my period and she is the one I freaked out to.

3. Feeling him move!

4. I honestly didn't really enjoy being pregnant. I guess insomnia was the worst. Also, from my 20 week ultrasound on they suspected I had a velamentous cord insertion, but they never could confirm (until birth and it was). This required several extra growth ultrasounds and lots of discussion about possible delivery complications. This was very stressful to me.

5. We were team green, which I loved and would do again. DH was convinced it was a boy, I didn't have a strong feeling either way. It was a boy!

6. Thought I would go early because at 36 weeks I started dilating. However, I stalled there and was induced at 39 wks. 5 days due to the cord issue. Now I think I would have gone over because nothing was happening.

7.First thought and words: What is it?? Since we were team green. Next thought was soooo excited for DH that it was a boy!
  • Options

1) how long were you planning for a baby? Or was it unplanned? Planned, second cycle, baby # 2

2) other then your SO, who was the first person you told about your pregnancy? My two best friends

3) what was your favorite part about being pregnant? Feeling the kicks and labor (strange I know)

4) what was your least favorite part about being pregnant? Hip and lower back pain and dealing with morning sickness and a toddler at the same time

5) did you have a gut feeling or preference of what the sex of the baby would be? What did you end up having? I thought it would be a boy since I was so sick and I was right

6) did you think you were going to give birth before or after your EDD? What was the outcome? I thought I would be a few days early but he came 9 days before my due date

7) what was your first thought when LO was born? I will never get to go into labor again :(  followed by I can't believe he is here!

• Options

This is a great idea, love it!

1. Sort of both. I had been on the pill for 7 years so I figured it would take us months to get pregnant. It turned out it was about 3 days after I stopped the pill that we conceived! So we weren't preventing it, just never expected it to happen so soon!

2. We found out on Dec. 22 last year, so we told my family the next time at our family Christmas and the 24th we told his family at their Christmas. Much too soon, we know, but it just seemed perfect that we found out right before Christmas, so we told our families then!

3. The movement. I still have videos of my tummy going crazy!

4. The swelling. I was scary swollen.

5. Majority of the pregnancy I thought it was a boy. Boy. Boy. Boy. Maybe because that was my "preference". But the closer to due date we got, the more I thought it was a girl, and a girl she was! Now I couldn't care to have a boy now that I have my perfect girl!

6. The whole pregnancy I thought I'd go early. I told that to everyone, and everyone told me that's what all first time pregnant women think. I did end up going 12 days early.

7. I had a completely med free birth, so I was so exhausted that I didn't really have a first thought. It wasn't until the doctor told DH to look and see what the baby was that I realized I didn't even know the sex yet! My head snapped up to see my beautiful daughter :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"