Trouble TTC
Options

I'm coming over to play (Intro)

edited October 2014 in Trouble TTC
Hey ladies,

I'm DaBears and I'm new to 3T. My home board is TTC TTGP and I started there in February 13. Some background without overwhelming statistics. I told my OB that I just wanted to get through our wedding and honeymoon without getting pregnant. I told her I wanted something temporary, easily reversible, but without a lot of maintenance/remembering. She gave me Depo. I took two Depo shots. Two. One, two. The second one was in September of 2013. Since then I have been fortunate enough to get AF every other week or so and sometimes three times in one month. It is fantastic. Oh, and I gained 35 pounds. I charted for the first few months but after four months or so with no ovulation and no cycle longer than 18 days I stopped charting. There was no sense in it.

So I kicked my old OB to the curb and began hunting a new one. It took a while but I finally found one who didn't immediately want to prescribe Clomid. She told me to come back after I had been trying for one year and we could discuss my options. Which brings me here. I'm coming up on my one year mark. My new OB wants to do bloodwork and an HSG. She's not the one who will be helping me though, she just does the inital work and then will refer me to an RE if anything looks off. I am having a longer cycle this month (CD 20 today) but I expect that I'll start a new cycle in the next few days. 

And for your time, here's a gif of a fish chasing a laser. Cause cats aren't the only ones.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFetus Ticker
TTGP since September 2013. All cycles were annovulatory due to Depo. 
Surprise BFP: November 5, 2014

Re: I'm coming over to play (Intro)

• Options
    Welcome I recognize you from TTGP? Or maybe from a search I did about depo... I was put on depo after I finished chemo and wasn't allowed to get pregnant for two years.  It is definitely not the thing an OB should give you if you want to get pregnant soon.  That was really stupid of your doctor.  It can take a long time to regulate your cycle after depo, most doctors say a year after you were due for you last shot.  I know that my issue is AF hasn't been here for a very long time even before depo.  But the doctor said after my ultrasound that most of my damage and issue are from cancer and chemo not depo. I would recommend seeing an RE sooner rather than later even if your OB does some of the testing.  RE's can tell you pretty quickly (usually a month or two) what they think the issues are etc, you might not start a treatment that quickly but at least start a game plan.  Good luck to you!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    lemonliz said:
    Hi, and welcome!  I did all my testing with an OB, too, and then moved to a RE. [Just make sure they also do a SA! Better to get that done earlier rather than later.] GL!  
    That's something I wanted to ask about. Since I know I'm not ovulating (which makes me the obvious problem in this equation) should we bother getting the SA at this point? Or should we wait until I get my blood work back?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It will take awhile for both b/w and SA to come back and then meet with dr etc.  You will have to get at least one some doctors require more than that before they will start any type of medicated cycle

Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Hi and welcome. I just intro'd today too....migration from TTGP. I don't have any advice but good luck.
    I recognized you :) There are a few TTGPs in here
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Hey there!  Best of luck you you!
  • Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm sorry that you find yourself here, but I hope the rest of your testing goes smoothly and you have some answers and a plan soon!

Looking forward to getting to know you, although I will have to work on calming my hatred for your avatar. (Proud cheesehead here) :)
    Ah, I see. Well packersfan and I got along eventually, I'm sure we can try. Although if we lose to you next week it will make it hard for us to be friends. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Hello and welcome. PPs pretty much covered it so I just wanted to welcome you as a fellow Bears fan. We can gang up on @triathlete23‌ ;)

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    Welcome! I hope you have good luck with the rest of your testing and with seeing an RE. 

Definitely get a SA done. I started off seeing an OB too, and first thing she did was an HSG for me and a SA for him. In our case, it was a good thing we did because well, we ain't got no sperm. Hopefully, he comes back A-ok, but it is better to have all the information before you plan out the next step.  Good luck!
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options
    Hi! I just came here from TTGP yesterday so we can be newbs together. :)

Married Sept. 2012

Me 39 MH 40

DD# 1 10/23/02

DD#2 06/11/13

2 losses, one before DD#2 at 5 weeks, one after DD#2 at 4.5 weeks

TTC #3

10/15/14 Consultation with RE

Nov & Dec '14 IUI BFN & 1 cancelled d/t early O

Jan 15 Consultations with 2 new RE's for different opinions for possible IVF with DE

Jan '15 Starting the process for Foster to adopt!

• Options
    Welcome! Hopefully you won't have to stay here long. I am glad to read that you have an OB who is competent. I wish you luck with all the testing.
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• Options
    Hi! It sucks how doctors can be so wrong when we rely on them so much. Wishing you a short stay and lots of luck with your testing!
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012
    BFP 06.04.2014  EDD 02.13.2015  D&C 07.25.2014

photo February4_zps0abb1614.jpg
    RE Consult Results
    Me: 32, PCOS, Hypothyroid, HSG All Clear
    DH: 33, Low Morph (2.5%)
    11.2014 (Letrozole+IUI+Progesterone)=?

• Options
    Welcome

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry the depo shot has messed things up so royally for you. I hope you can get things back on track soon.
  • Options
    I've got nothing to add except welcome and good luck! I hope your stay is short!
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options

lemonliz said:

Hi, and welcome!  I did all my testing with an OB, too, and then moved to a RE. [Just make sure they also do a SA! Better to get that done earlier rather than later.] GL!  

That's something I wanted to ask about. Since I know I'm not ovulating (which makes me the obvious problem in this equation) should we bother getting the SA at this point? Or should we wait until I get my blood work back?

Hahaha. Yeah, that's what my OB thought. Unfortunately we're in the 30% of couples that have both male and female factor IF, and I'm so glad that we got the SA done at the same time of my HSG and my initial bloodwork. 

I'm sorry, I guess it's better to double check than to make time wasting assumptions. Thanks for the advice and welcomes everyone.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Welcome! Good luck with the testing. I agree with PP's to get the SA done now. My RE did all the tests (blood work for me and DH, SA, HSG, ultrasound) and then sat down with us to go over it all at once and come up with a plan. I think that's the way to go, versus doing selective tests and trying to make a plan without knowing the whole picture. Hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• Options
    I just migrated from TTGP too, so I recognize you :) Our SA was pretty cheap (something around $40 although insurance covered it) but I'm not sure if it is normally that cheap. It is non-invasive and it doesn't hurt just to get it done. Best wishes!

TTC since Sept. 2013
    09/14: New anterior 3cm Fibroid on U/S, no change in size 11/14
    10/14: SA normal
    12/14: next RE appointment - cancelled due to BFP
    BFP on 11/21/14, EDD 08/03/15

• Options
    Welcome and I agree with all the smart PP. I hope your stay is short and sweet!

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

• Options
    Welcome! I would get that SA right away.  Just because you know you have a problem doesn't make it any less likely that he has one.

• Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry you've been dealing with Depo crap. :-( Good luck!
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    Welcome! Hope you're stay is short and sweet. I started my testing with my OB (HSG, some blood work and DH's first SA). From there I met with my RE where he did a SIS, a crap ton more blood work, and a repeat SA for my DH. Apparently a lot of OB's use the WHO criteria for SA, whereas my RE used the Kruger which is WAY more specific to IF. Good luck with all of your testing. It seems like a lot but feels really good to know the exact cause of IF.

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• Options
    Welcome!! We're bears fans in our home as well! Are you from the chichi area? I had to kick my OB to the curb too. She sucked!! Best of luck and look forward to your journey!
  • Options
    Welcome.

I'm sorry you find yourself here.  But the ladies are lovely.  
    I'd def ask for the SA, it's a piece of the puzzle and if it shows something off, remember that it takes approx 90 days to make new swimmers, so you'll have a jump start if you need to address MF issues.  

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• Options
    Hi and Welcome. I hope your stay is short and the bloodwork results answer some questions!

Married: 8/25/13 - TTC #1 since May 2013 - Met with RE June  2014
    BFP #1 August 2013 - Suspected Ectopic September 2013
    BFP #2 May 22, 2014 - MC May 27, 2014
    BFP #3 June 30, 2014 - MC July 6, 2014
    BFP #4 IUI cycle #1 October 10th - ectopic identified October 24th
    ****Looking to start IVF next round since I've had 2 ectopics*** 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"