Breastfeeding
Options

One more Q - what if he is only feeding for 10-15 mins at a time, then falling asleep+

and waking up again too soon?  He isn't sleeping for very long after the short feedings, but it's not easy getting him to wake up & feed again....I've done all the tricks.
~Jen
Married since 8.17.03
Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

Re: One more Q - what if he is only feeding for 10-15 mins at a time, then falling asleep+

• Options
    My LO does this, although now that he is over 2 weeks, he is nursing longer. When he falls asleep, I try to wake him up by burping him, changing his diaper, etc.. I also try stroking his head or cheek while he nurses. I was concerned he wasn't eating enough so I had his weight checked and he is gaining just fine. Your LO is just 5 days old? I think falling asleep and nursing frequently is common and not a big problem if he/she is gaining weight. The sessions should get longer and more spaced out over the next few weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD did this. The nurses called her a "snacker." :) Cute, but not easy on mommy's sleeping. She started nursing longer after the first week and continually got better. Hang in there...I know it's frustrating, but definitely worth having the patience. It will get better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"