September 2014 Moms

Cradle cap

I don't believe this was discussed, haven't found anything!

Any suggestions on how to help it. It is very mild just a little flaky when he scratches his hand or my nail on his head .

Does cradle cap progress as time goes on?

Re: Cradle cap

• When you give him a bath scrub it REALLY good with the wash rag & soap. Then put baby oil or coconut oil on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just used a baby brush after bathtime in gentle circular motion and it was better within a couple days. It was very mild to begin with.

• I need to try that coconut oil idea. I've been washing his hair and brushing it but that doesn't seem to be helping much so far.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's a shampoo mustela for newborns and it helped tremendously with both my kids cradle cap
    imageimage
  • My pedi said to use coconut oil or baby oil and a soft brush and stimulate her scalp with the oil, and then to wash it out.
  • SanRemoSanRemo member
    edited October 2014
    Mustela is the only thing that worked for my girls. Use it 2x and the cradle cap is gone. What a lifeaver. Edited to add- you need the foam shampoo for newborns
  • DD1 had terrible cradle cap! I tried everything. I even decided late one night that it was because her scalp was really really dry and put lanolin on it! Lol that didn't actually work. I wish it had. I thought it was a stroke of genius.
    Anyways her pedi recommended when all else failed, if it was still bothering me. I could put a little teensy bit of Selsun blue on a wash cloth, and wash the area with that. I only had to do it once and it was gone. And she's perfectly fine! :)
  • I used baby oil, massaged it in, then used that little fine comb from the hospital to get most of the flakes off. I did it once with DS and it never came back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• O

I used baby oil, massaged it in, then used that little fine comb from the hospital to get most of the flakes off. I did it once with DS and it never came back.

I did this also. Worked like a charm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"