July 2014 Moms
Options

tummy time.

Camilla32Camilla32 member
edited October 2014 in July 2014 Moms
I have a 3 month old baby girl and I have not got her on tummy time because I work. She's good holding her head up when she's sitting down. But last night I had time for tummy time but she did not try she got upset. So would it be too late for me to try or what should I do.

Answers

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    This ^. Tummy time is not a dream experience here most days either, but if you prop baby on his/her elbows it will help. DD often last longer doing tummy time to the Boppy pillow as well. Mirrors or musical/light up toys are our best tummy time distractions. Good luck. The goal is to try for at least 4 15min sessions per day. Rarely does DD last 15 min at a time. We do a lot of tummy time on our chests. Good luck. It's never too late. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's never too late to start. It's not a fun time for them until they get more control.... Which will come after more tummy time. But kids who don't get tummy time still eventually learn to hold their head,
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    When DS starts getting fussy I'll lay down on the floor and play with him, he really enjoys this a lot more. When we were getting his pictures done he withstood about half an hour of tummy time simply because there were people down on the floor interacting with him. Also, if it get's too bad, I'll let him lay on his back and play for a little bit, then roll him back over. For the first while the only way I really managed to get tummy time in was when he was on my chest, but he's getting better about it. 

• Options
    LO hates tummy time. We do it on my chest a lot, but she truly hates it. She can roll over, and when I put her on her tummy she either rolls over, or immediately face plants into the ground, spreads her arms, and screams into the ground until she's picked up :(
  • Options
    mamakiss said:
    LO hates tummy time. We do it on my chest a lot, but she truly hates it. She can roll over, and when I put her on her tummy she either rolls over, or immediately face plants into the ground, spreads her arms, and screams into the ground until she's picked up :(

All of this. Except DD doesn't scream she just lays there, face in the ground.. lol so lazy. She's great on the chest though so we just go with that. 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited October 2014
    Tummy time isn't fun in our house, either. She gets one or two sessions a day and lasts anywhere from 1-5 minutes. She does pretty good at an angle on our chests, though. It's never too late to start.
  • Options
    My kid HAAAATED tummy time with a fiery passion until I started pulling his elbows forward to prop him up. He still gets frustrated but he will hold his head up and smile a little now and has actually accidentally rolled over a few times during tummy time.

I have to keep my fingers behind his elbows otherwise he pulls his arms back but it seems to be working. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Definitely not too late and people gave you lots of good suggestions. It doesnt have to be a solid block of time for it to be helpful to your baby or a success. That being said, I dont see how you working has anything to do with not putting her on her tummy for a few minutes. Just try to make it a part of your nightly routine from here on out.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My LO falls asleep every time we do tummy time. Girlfriend is like her momma....loves sleeping on her tummy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

All great suggestions listed. DS HATED tummy time as well. Now he's 14 weeks and hating it just a bit less... He lasts about 5-10 minutes now, whereas he use to only last 1 or 2 minutes. Just keep at it. Chest time, propped on a boppy pillow, at the edge of a bed and you talking works too. Babies tend to love mirrors so that is a good distraction.

Also, do you babywear? Or have a carrier? That counts as "tummy time" too because LO has to work their core to stabilize themselves. Might be worth a try and it keeps LO close to you for bonding too..and let's not forget the ability to be hands free and get stuff done in the process

:-bd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"