September 2012 Moms

Miscellaneous Monday

2»

Re: Miscellaneous Monday

• melody921 said:
    I decided I want to make a list of 30 things to do before I am 30.  I have like 5 so far.  I am trying to be practical but also push myself some.  Wanna help me?
    Travel to a particular destination
    Study a foreign language
    Read a certain number of books
    Take up a new sport/fitness activity
    Learn a musical instrument
    Perfect a culinary skill
    Become involved with a charity/volunteer opp
    Adopt a pet
    Establish a new family tradition

How long until you turn 30?

1 year 1 month 3 days
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • I made a beef burgundy last night for DH and monster to eat tonight.  Totally chose the wrong cut of meat, and I'm so sad about it because the sauce is DELICIOUS.  I used sirloin tips and they tasted like rubber after cooking for 2.5 hours.  I put it all in the crock pot on low and am praying for a meat miracle.  Sigh...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I made a beef burgundy last night for DH and monster to eat tonight.  Totally chose the wrong cut of meat, and I'm so sad about it because the sauce is DELICIOUS.  I used sirloin tips and they tasted like rubber after cooking for 2.5 hours.  I put it all in the crock pot on low and am praying for a meat miracle.  Sigh...

Huh...usually low-slow cooking will make even the toughest cuts tender. Maybe the crockpot will give it the oomph to finish softening up?
  • @hyaline I hope so.  There are a lot of mushrooms in the sauce, so the meat will probably be fine but the sauce will be slime, haha.  It might be a take out night after all

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Hyaline said:
    I made a beef burgundy last night for DH and monster to eat tonight.  Totally chose the wrong cut of meat, and I'm so sad about it because the sauce is DELICIOUS.  I used sirloin tips and they tasted like rubber after cooking for 2.5 hours.  I put it all in the crock pot on low and am praying for a meat miracle.  Sigh...

Huh...usually low-slow cooking will make even the toughest cuts tender. Maybe the crockpot will give it the oomph to finish softening up?
    Everything I've ever read about the slow cooker is actually if the meat is tough it hasn't been cooked long enough.

• I keep coming back here to refresh this thread and you snatches aren't providing me with any reading information!  COME ON! 

:D

• BeebopandBuddy said:
    @jenndub‌ Um, you had a baby 5 minutes ago. If you did fit in them I would have to hate you. So thanks, you just saved me a post-it.
    Haha!  I missed this post!  @jenndub I did the same "workout"...... about 1.5 years after having W.  Cut yourself some slack woman!

• Eastie156Eastie156 member
    edited October 2014
    I'm struggling with breast feeding yet again. With Ethan, my undiagnosed hypothyroidism and super long vacuum delivery pretty much made sense why I could only ever pump 1/2 oz total out of both boobs. This time, we were doing great at the hospital, she was seeming satisfied and now we are home and it's sort of heading downhill. I'm having to supplement most sessions with formula because she's not satisfied and I'm only pumping an oz total...I know I said I wasn't going to stress, but I'm bummed that it just doesn't seem to be working well.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• @Eastie156‌ does your hospital have a LC you can go to and do a weighted feeding? It's possible that you may not respond to the pump well, but she could be getting more than you think. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Newborns are difficult to feed regardless of how many times you've done it before.

Anniversary

• I agree to focus on free/cheap things for most of the list and throw in one or two splurges (like go to the fanciest restaurant in town for a dessert date - order a dessert and expensive glass of wine or whatever your top shelf drink is). Read a classic you have never read before. Watch a Best Picture Oscar winning movie that you have never seen before. Re-read your favorite book from your tween years. Write someone a letter and mail it. Do one or two Luci items like have a girl day - pick flowers, put both your hair up in curlers and do your nails while watching a chic flick. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• dimples12 said:

This is one of those weeks where I have a million things to do at home and sitting ar work bored because there's nothing to do here is driving me crazy.

I have a Jamberry event Friday I need to prep for, I have to pack myself and the kids for our trip next week, and I need to study for my national counselor exam next Tuesday but instead I'm at work bumping and counting the minutes until the 2 p.m meeting that is the only scheduled appointment I have today.

Can you study for NCC at work? I'm doing CEUs in my downtime. :)

I have a hard time concentrating at work with all the phones ringing and people coming and going. I am trying to but I seem to read the same thing over and over.
  • Random question for you all:

You all know how we are gearing up to fundraise for DH's transplant.  DH asked me if it would be against proper etiquette for him to post a link to the fundraising site on his FB.  I honestly don't know the answer.

What do you all think?  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

You all know how we are gearing up to fundraise for DH's transplant.  DH asked me if it would be against proper etiquette for him to post a link to the fundraising site on his FB.  I honestly don't know the answer.

What do you all think?  
    If there are people who have asked I don't think it would be inappropriate.  I wouldn't do it just out of the blue.  I could be wrong though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • @willy_gert‌, I wouldn't put it on my Facebook unless he is making it about the event itself. With an event you can ask for support and donations for the event. Tough situation.

What do you all think?  

I guess it would depend who his facebook friends are. I know my facebook is pretty private, most of the people on it would be willing to help out in some way if they knew there was a need. That said, if his Fb page has lots of colleagues, bosses etc it might not be a good idea.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

What do you all think?  
    That's hard. I feel like fb is over run with ridiculous gofundme links. It gets numbing. There is a woman I am friends with who started one because she is tired of old cars and wants a better car. Sorry. Not giving you money so you can buy a nicer car. I would maybe create an event. Have all the info there. You can do updates to keep people informed. If people don't want to be a part they don't have to but then you aren't directly asking.

What do you all think?  
    That's hard. I feel like fb is over run with ridiculous gofundme links. It gets numbing. There is a woman I am friends with who started one because she is tired of old cars and wants a better car. Sorry. Not giving you money so you can buy a nicer car. I would maybe create an event. Have all the info there. You can do updates to keep people informed. If people don't want to be a part they don't have to but then you aren't directly asking.
    This is the route I would go. One of my good friends has a young daughter who was diagnosed with a rare disease. They did updates on the event page for fundraising meetings and then the information about the benefit. It was helpful for those who weren't part of the help for the event but gave out information on the actual event for those to attend. Her benefit was HUGE! I'm hoping you guys have the same turnout! :)

What do you all think?  
    I would probably create something separate for this.  

I would probably make a public all-Facebook announcement that I'd created a page, group, or event (depending on what made sense for the duration and scope of the fundraiser--maybe a long-term "Support Us on our Journey" group might work better if this isn't going to be an isolated event or you want to post about more than fundraising, while an event works well for a one-time thing).  I'd post that once or twice to let friends join.  I'd then keep mum on it otherwise except for maybe a last-push update to let people join if they missed round one.

But if you don't plan to "use" Facebook to fundraise at all, I think one or two public posts (like one from each of you) with a link is fine.  It's just when people begin to post daily or get whiny about "we need ALL our friends to donate!" that it gets tacky and inappropriate in my view.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"