Working Moms

The opposite of a crockpot - pressure cookers

Does anyone use a pressure cooker?  After reading the overcooked crockpot post I'm wondering if a pressure cooker would be a good alternative in getting a dinner made quickly but perhaps not overcooking.  I'm never used one so I honestly have no idea.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

Re: The opposite of a crockpot - pressure cookers

• I have an electric one (rather than a stove top one) that I love and use weekly. It's wonderful in that I don't have to worry about starting the crockpot early on Saturday or Sunday, I can start it an hour before hand and food is ready in time for dinner. I love that it can take frozen boneless chicken breasts and have them fully cooked in less than 45 minutes (ready to be shredded, cut, or whatever I want for dinner). It makes brown rice in less than 30 minutes w/o any attendance from me. It's awesome. Completely worth having around when one is a busy person who still wants to make home made meals.
  • This is interesting to me. Might end up on my Christmas list. Because I never remember to thaw meat, and that is a real issue some nights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"