Parenting

Tuesday randoms

1:30 AM. I am not exaggerating, my kid has been up since 1:30. He is seemingly fine.

Good luck daycare!
image image

Re: Tuesday randoms

• I slept from 6am-7am. Today is going to be rough
  • Loading the player...
  • I made it to work and am guzzling coffee. DS was acting like he was well rested before I dropped him off, ate a good breakfast, playing and running around. His eyes look super heavy though.

I'm mad I missed my workout this morning. 

image image
  • I think DD is teething. I gave her tylenol during the 40 minute scream fest, and four hours later she wakened shrieking and wouldn't settle till a new dose worked.

Or an ear infection.

Shit. They usually have fevers with ear infections, right? I have a lot to do today and a doctor's appointment would really mess things up... But obviously if she needs it I will go. Her nose has been pretty runny lately, but she seems happy enough now. Would you go to the pedi after one bad night or would you assume teeth?

image image
  • Hawkward said:

I think DD is teething. I gave her tylenol during the 40 minute scream fest, and four hours later she wakened shrieking and wouldn't settle till a new dose worked.

Or an ear infection.

Shit. They usually have fevers with ear infections, right? I have a lot to do today and a doctor's appointment would really mess things up... But obviously if she needs it I will go. Her nose has been pretty runny lately, but she seems happy enough now. Would you go to the pedi after one bad night or would you assume teeth?
    DS was the king of EIs with no fever as a baby. I'd assume teeth if she isn't tugging on her ear or shaking her head though. 
    Hmmm. Thanks. DS had one ear infection so I feel like I know nothing. He also didn't really spit up. Is say they gave me a fake baby, but he never ever slept.

I think I'll just watch her today and call later this morning if she seems upset.

image image
  • Thanks guys. I'll call as soon as the pedi opens.

I'm going to be selfish and really hope that they don't schedule it during my haircut today. I've been looking forward to it.

Damnit. I don't want to go to the doctor today. I realize that makes me fairly shitty and I'll go, but I just don't want to.

image image
  • I am still in bed waiting for DD to get up. I know I should get up and beat the morning chaos but I don't want to.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We had a decent sleep here. Not great but far better than we've had recently.
    Which of course meant both kids were up at the crack of Dawn full of piss and vinegar.
    I am very grateful hubby typically puts DS down and gets up with him in the night. He can't put Squeaker down or nurse her so we each take one kid. It works well and stops us from being overwhelmed.
  • I slept all night and I don't think I even moved, but I do not feel rested at all.  I have horrible cramps and just want to go home and stay in bed, but I'm off Thursday and Friday so I'm just going to suck it up. 

My dad is having surgery on Thursday to remove his thyroid/cancer.  It sounds like a pretty routine surgery but everyone is worried and stressed anyway.

(Please don't quote this, I might delete later) And my sister.  I don't even know.  She apparently thinks that I hate her, and my parents think there is some huge rift, and she spent all weekend crying in her room because I don't love her anymore?  She wants to see my kid but she doesn't think I want her to?  I'm not keeping him from her.  She knows where he is and who he is with every day of the week if she wanted to see him so badly.  I saw her at dinner a couple weeks ago and everything seemed normal (for her) and nothing has happened since then.  I haven't sought her out, but she isn't looking for me, either. To appease my parents, I reached out to her yesterday.  It annoyed me to do it, but my parents are so stressed and it wasn't really a big deal.  And surprise, no response. 

Sorry for the blahblahblah, but dealing with this is really difficult. 

• @jsgrl613 it's all part of the cycle of manipulation.  I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  My parents are also blind to my brother's bullshit.  I, on the other hand, know he's a total bullshit artist sociopath so I never ever engage.  It's really hard.
    My parents recognize that she isn't well, so now they are trying to do what they can to "help."  It is making me angry.  But they live with her so they are in it and they are dealing with so many other things now.  And I see my mother every day, so it is hard to stay completely away from it.  They do understand my position though, and I guess that if a text message here and there makes them happy, then I'll just suck it up and just keep reminding myself to stick to my own personal boundaries with her.

• I made a huge mistake of letting a friend live with me for a couple months.  She is the worst, most toxic and negative person ever.  

Only 5 months left.....
  • I made a huge mistake of letting a friend live with me for a couple months.  She is the worst, most toxic and negative person ever.  

Only 5 months left.....
    Lovetit for commiseration. I did this once. Huge mistake. 

• @pobrecita I want yo ewok costume! 

• All I want to do today is moon over holiday throw pillows and quilts from Pottery Barn. Who here had the seasonal bedding?? I blame you for lighting this fire. F-ing adorable $60 each pillow covers. GDI, where's my money tree?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My kid craps her pants and asks for Candy.
    This seriously almost made me spit out my iced tea
    image image
  • I most certainly have a cold now and I am not pleased.  I really hope this is as bad as it gets, I have a busy and fun week/weekend ahead of me.
    image image
  • pobrecita said:
    @pobrecita I want yo ewok costume! 
    Ok! I think we only have the bear part left...let me see when I get home tonight and I'll let you know.
    You're the best  :-*

• No ear infection. He spent a long time looking at her hands and feet and mouth. Apparently he's had a lot of kids come in for HFM and he wonders if she's starting to get it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

image image
  • pobrecita said:
    He is our generation's Carl Sagan.

Do I need to go over who he is, also?
    Uh...yeah?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is some weird shit.
    Edit: After looking at all of it, I say don't go there. There was way too much disturbing shit in that link. Sorreh.

Damn it I clicked before you edited. I'm not clicking on anything in the link though. The descriptions are enough for me to know better.
  • We went on one of those late night tours in Key West once.  It wasn't a ghost tour specifically, more of a dark history kind of thing.  They talked about that Robert doll.  And we saw the house where it lived.  Creepy as all hell. 

• MrsButt said:

There is no point. Not a single person signed up.

The premium is also well over $600 per month off my paycheck. Just fucking terrible.

Did they actually think anyone would? I'm in awe of the shittyness of all of this.
  • Since I am home with a sick kid and needed to run to the store I picked up the ingredients for that cake batter puppy chow. I am here to vouch that it is amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am really thirsty but they are having a meeting where the water cooler is.  And I already bought one bottle of water today so I don't want to do that.

• I made two phone calls today.  I hate making phone calls, so this is kind of a big deal. 

Neither of them were particularly productive, and at least one of them will lead to more phone calls.  Stupid.

• I usually hate Chardonnay but agree that unoaked isn't bad.

Now I want wine.
  • @Holls2011 apparently we're life twins... mutual hate of CA and also in your same exact boat with the weight loss thing  (well, pre-pregnancy anyway)

I was around 184...should be at 135-140...Don't want to admit to what I'm at now whilst 30 weeks pregnant but.....  Once this baby is popped out I'll be needing to climb onto that train with you

We got this

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"