January 2015 Moms
Options

Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy diaper bag

edited October 2014 in January 2015 Moms
  I usually see these for over $100, several of my friends recommend the back pack style as it's easier when carrying baby.  I saw this new one and thought I'd share if anyone else is looking for one at half price 

Re: Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy diaper bag

• Options
    Maybe borderline spam. Maybe more PSA only if she already has one and was just trying to share. 

I used to want a ppb backpack style diaper bag until I tried one out in the store and realized how heavy they are compared to other brands. I'm going with this one, just wish there were a few more hot pink accents. https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/ju-ju-be-reg-bff-diaper-bag-in-shadow-waltz/1017560301?Keyword=jujube
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If only they had different colors... Black gets wayyyyyy too hot here in the summer months (of course I bought a black car before I realized I was moving to the surface of the sun).
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    If only they had different colors... Black gets wayyyyyy too hot here in the summer months (of course I bought a black car before I realized I was moving to the surface of the sun).
    I've always had black diaper bags. They cover the mess better. I've never had the problem with it retaining heat, but we're not sitting in the sun long enough for it to without getting too hot ourselves.
  • Options

I only went with black because I wanted something my husband would tote!

Smh
  • Options
    Sorry, my DH doesn't carry a purse I mean diaper bag. My husband doesn't change diapers, why should he carry the bag (aside from holding it for a second if needed)?
  • Options
    A diaper bag is not a purse and most men do change diapers.  Diaper bags are not just for diapers either.  Does your husband not help you carry all the baby stuff or do you have to do everything yourself??  Just curious??  My DH carries anything I ask him for help with or if he is going to take the baby out without me I am sure he will have to carry something and not stick everything in his pockets.  Does your husband watch your children without you at all or take them anywhere just he and the child(ren)?  How does he carry supplies?? 
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • Options
    I picked a grey bag with MH's input because he WANTS to sometimes go out with our kid and I'm not around. I figured it would be a hassle to have two separate bags. @AggieMom0809‌ You must be so much better than the rest of us because YH isn't a sissy who helps out his wife and plays the role as co-parent. ::insert eye roll::
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    Honestly the girls dad changed more diapers than i ever did. Of course i spent 3 years with my head in a trash can so we had a neutral diaper bag bc it was more for him than I. I fed them he changed them bc he couldnt or he might have had that job too
  • Options
    DS' diaper bag is blue (we got it as a hand-me-down), and it has never even occurred to me to be embarrassed carrying a "boy" color bag, so why should dads care about carrying a pink bag? Obviously people know the bag is for the baby, and even if not, who GAF? I think any dad who refuses to carry the diaper bag because of the color (or any other reason) has issues.

I'm also grateful to have a DH who changes diapers and does pretty much everything else I do for DS other than BF.
  • Options
    I feel so blessed that my DH helps me without ever being asked. Not that I am not capable, but there is something nice about old fashioned chivalry: opening doors, carrying a grocery bag or my purse when it's in my way, chores around the house. I have no doubt that he will be happily and willingly involved with everything, except BFing. He would never be ashamed to carry a diaper bag or put on a princess outfit if we happen to have a girl. I'm lucky to have a confident, supportive husband beside me. I cant't even imagine what it would be like to have the opposite!
    My husband (and even son to some extent so far) when around will always hold the door and carry all the groceries. It has nothing to do with confidence. His job is to go to work and get paid so we can buy groceries and other things. My job, now that we have kids is to take care of the children. I could send them off to daycare and go back to my full time job, but I prefer not to. I'd much rather the ease of taking care of the kids and do my monogramming on the side. We agreed before ever getting married what each of us expected of the other including household and child rearing duties. 
  • Options
    YaMrWhite said:

What would happen if Aggie wasn't available to change her kids dipes?! The horror!!

Im guessing major diaper rash
  • Options
    YaMrWhite said:
    What would happen if Aggie wasn't available to change her kids dipes?! The horror!!
    Right? 
    @AggieMom0809 - do you never leave your children with your husband? Or do you, and they sit in dirty diapers?

That question is from my husband, btw.  Because we talk about you over breakfast. 

It was more like-
    "I can't wait for dad/daughter dates where we leave you behind and have fun. Does he not get alone time with his kids? Or do they sit in dirty diapers?"

Don't shoot the messenger. 
    I said "go right ahead and leave me behind. I'll nap while you two hit up the town" :) 
    1. My current two are out of diapers. 2. When they were in diapers, I wouldn't leave them with him for more than an hour and even then it was rare. We would send them to a babysitter if we ever went out, which was not often. 

I'm not sure when this trend started of the man changing diapers, but I know my dad, nor my husband's dad ever changed a diaper and neither did any other male in either family. My friends' dads never did either.
  • Options
    To be fair, my dad, grandpa, and a lot of my family from the older generation didn't change diapers. I don't think that makes them less of a dad.

With that said, my husband changes diapers. I change more of the diapers, but he does change some.

If it works for their family, I don't see why anybody would care.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What happens when the husband in this story takes the kids out? Do they not get diaper changes? Does he ask random women to do it for him? Or does he see the children by appointment only, after they are fed and freshly diapered?
    My husband lives with us and sees them when he gets off work and on the weekends. I'm not sure where all these places are that he would be taking his 2 year old and under children. There's not much he can go do with a baby that he couldn't do at home. If he did take the kids out, then that would mean leaving me at home to do what? Chores? I don't think so. 
  • Options
    I'm just going to leave this here for you Aggs...

"About 90 percent of dads who live with their kids report that they bathe, diaper, or dress their children every day or several times a week, according to a recent government study, which noted that fathers are more involved in their kids’ lives than in previous generations. A TODAY survey of about 1,000 dads found that 54 percent of modern dads change diapers, while only 37 percent say their fathers did."
    Not bathing, diapering, or changing does not mean that the dad is any less involved. There is a lot more time than that where the dad can interact/play with the child or read it a book. When the child is able to get dressed, go to the bathroom and start fixing their hair (between 2-3 years of age) there are more activities that the father can go out and do alone with the child. My kids are now 5y and 6y and DH will take them together or on separate outings to do what the child wants or even to grab a few things from the grocery store. Now that I'm pregnant when they go hunting or fishing, go to the movies, or even to a park I usually stay at home and sleep. Before I was pregnant, I would tag along because I don't want to be stuck at home. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't be married to a man who didn't help take care of his kids. (Ie: change diapers, bathe, dress, rock, feed, ect. ..) I find it gross that men can still get away with this in today's day and age.... With that though, I'm now convinced AggieMom0809 is just here to start a debate because that's how she gets her rocks off, is stirring up shit to geta rise outta people. TROLL.
    My husband does a lot of rocking the baby. Especially when the kids were exclusively breastfed, the kids went to sleep in his arms easier. He's great at getting the other kids in our extended family to sleep too. Not sure what it is, but they all love him. When they are older, they treat him like a big interactive teddy bear. As far back as I can remember in our family, the younger men entertained the kids on holidays while the women finished cooking the meal. (Aside from what ever meat we had, that was always done by the older men on the patio drinking beer.)
  • Options
    What happens when the husband in this story takes the kids out? Do they not get diaper changes? Does he ask random women to do it for him? Or does he see the children by appointment only, after they are fed and freshly diapered?
    My husband lives with us and sees them when he gets off work and on the weekends. I'm not sure where all these places are that he would be taking his 2 year old and under children. There's not much he can go do with a baby that he couldn't do at home. If he did take the kids out, then that would mean leaving me at home to do what? Chores? I don't think so. 
    So is he on house arrest with his kids or something? He doesn't ever want to take his kids to a park? Or to a soccer field to kick a ball around? I just...wtf...your first sentence makes it sound like he's on some kind of visiting schedule that must be chaperoned by you. 
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    emmyg65 said:
    This reminds me. We got an informational pamphlet from our pediatrician about caring for a newborn that had a section "for dads." It noted that dads should be sure to hold their babies once a day so they can bond. My husband legit started crying because he was so upset at the idea that some dads would need to be reminded of such a thing, or that holding the baby once a day would be some unusual effort.

We will do everything together except breast feed. He's not "helping" me. He's being a parent.
    Those pamphlets are written assuming the person reading knows nothing. But for your husband to start crying over a pamphlet like that is pathetic. I could maybe see a hormonal pregnant mom to be, maybe, but wow, just wow
  • Options

I feel so blessed that my DH helps me without ever being asked. Not that I am not capable, but there is something nice about old fashioned chivalry: opening doors, carrying a grocery bag or my purse when it's in my way, chores around the house. I have no doubt that he will be happily and willingly involved with everything, except BFing. He would never be ashamed to carry a diaper bag or put on a princess outfit if we happen to have a girl. I'm lucky to have a confident, supportive husband beside me. I cant't even imagine what it would be like to have the opposite!

My husband (and even son to some extent so far) when around will always hold the door and carry all the groceries. It has nothing to do with confidence. His job is to go to work and get paid so we can buy groceries and other things. My job, now that we have kids is to take care of the children. I could send them off to daycare and go back to my full time job, but I prefer not to. I'd much rather the ease of taking care of the kids and do my monogramming on the side. We agreed before ever getting married what each of us expected of the other including household and child rearing duties. 

I've always found it interesting that some view being a SAHM as a 24/7 while the other parent works 40 hours and therefore deserves the rest of their week off. I will be a SAHM but my husband is more than willing to give me a break when possible. I am fully prepared to maintain the household but my DH believes that our child is both of our responsibility (meaning he will happily change a diaper or give a bath). Obviously I will be doing the majority but not 100%. Having a stay at home spouse is a luxury for the working spouse. They don't have to spend their home time doing dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. instead they get to enjoy family time. I guess our families are just different. My DH and I were both raised by stay at home moms and dads who were actively involved in all the kids related tasks. It's normal in our world for the men help out.
  • Options
    YaMrWhite said:
    So is he on house arrest with his kids or something? He doesn't ever want to take his kids to a park? Or to a soccer field to kick a ball around? I just...wtf...your first sentence makes it sound like he's on some kind of visiting schedule that must be chaperoned by you. 
    When they were in diapers, no he didn't take them anywhere. They were too little to go to a park on the weekend when all of the older kids are there. We have playground equipment here at home that they would use. We don't do soccer, but now that the kids are older, DH has taken my son to go practice baseball. Most of the time I go to since my daughter wants to go and I'm there more to make sure the kid not hitting the ball is out of the way until it's their turn. When we take the kids to ride bikes, I go to, not because DH couldn't handle the kids, but because neither is great at a 2 wheel yet so we each take one child to help. Just because I come along (like a family) doesn't mean that he doesn't get his one on one time with each of the kids.

He also doesn't have to leave home to do so. My kids like playing board games, dominoes, checkers, and other things that can be played inside, or play on the playground supervised by DH outside.
  • Options
    Your daughter doesnt want to go play baseball?
  • Options
    I've always found it interesting that some view being a SAHM as a 24/7 while the other parent works 40 hours and therefore deserves the rest of their week off. I will be a SAHM but my husband is more than willing to give me a break when possible. I am fully prepared to maintain the household but my DH believes that our child is both of our responsibility (meaning he will happily change a diaper or give a bath). Obviously I will be doing the majority but not 100%. Having a stay at home spouse is a luxury for the working spouse. They don't have to spend their home time doing dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. instead they get to enjoy family time. I guess our families are just different. My DH and I were both raised by stay at home moms and dads who were actively involved in all the kids related tasks. It's normal in our world for the men help out.
    DH and I was raised by a SAHM who went to work once we were old enough to take care of ourselves. Our fathers were involved, but again, that didn't involve giving baths or changing diapers/clothes. Our dads were at every concert, recital, and even practices if they were on the weekend. They helped up build models and do science fair projects. They built us our playgrounds in the back yard (my dad let us 'help' build ours all from scratch including designing it as much as a preschooler/toddler could). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"