Attachment Parenting

Plus Size Baby Wearing

What do you recommend for a first timer who is plus sized?

We are adopting a newborn, and would like to bond as much as possible. I am hoping for something idiot-proof, but if there is something that requires a lot of practice- I am willing to try.

I have tried on a carrier type, but my breasts didn't leave much room for a baby. 

TIA

Re: Plus Size Baby Wearing

• I rented a Tula and it fit me just fine (no extender needed). It adjusts pretty large. I would find a local baby wearing group in your area and try a few different ones maybe? I rented a Tula from their website and was given a few others as gifts. Turns out she loves the Tula best. :)
  • Boba would fit better than the ergo. I tried both and had more room with the Boba at the waist.
    Congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • I love slings...no biluckles and easy on and off. Check out Sakura bloom or maya wrap
    MC @ 7 weeks 10.19.11
    BFP 1.9.12 | EDD 09.18.12 | Eisley was born 10.1.12
    BFP 12.20.13 | EDD 8.27.14 | Sheppard was borth 9.5.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tbarker14 said:

Boba would fit better than the ergo. I tried both and had more room with the Boba at the waist.
    Congratulations!

I was wondering how the ergo worked for plus sized mom's. Due to a car accident I have sever low back pain and my carrier for my now 20 month old son had no lower back support and I could not use it long. I heard the ergo was great for lower back support and have been looking into that brand, however is their one that is good for both plus size and back support that anyone would suggest over the ergo?
  • Boba would fit better than the ergo. I tried both and had more room with the Boba at the waist. Congratulations!
    I was wondering how the ergo worked for plus sized mom's. Due to a car accident I have sever low back pain and my carrier for my now 20 month old son had no lower back support and I could not use it long. I heard the ergo was great for lower back support and have been looking into that brand, however is their one that is good for both plus size and back support that anyone would suggest over the ergo?
    Soft-structured carriers put much of baby's weight on the wearers hips. I have low-back issues and most SSCs are not comfortable to me (though I study them and use them with weighted dolls for educator purposes). I recommend woven wraps for many back issues because they provide great support, distribute baby's weight, and can fit any body type. Mei Tais are my second choice, and those are also size-diverse. That said, if you love the Ergo idea, look into the new Ergo 360. It has a generously sized waist band that uses Velcro which gives more sizing options than buckles. Also, the width and structure of this new waistband is quite supportive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"