December 2013 Moms
Options

Car Seat help

I'm finally getting around to installing LOs convertible, the Britax Marathon 70-G3.  Any suggestions on how to use the tether when you don't have seat tracks?  I drive a Nissan Pathfinder most of the time and there isn't a place on the floor to use the tether.  There is a place on the back of the seat but for rear facing, that means the tether goes back over the car seat. 

I've spent the last hour googling and am reading conflicting info (to use tether vs not use tether). 

I also shouldn't be trying to do this slightly hungover.  It's getting very, very frustrating.  

Re: Car Seat help

• Options
    thesportsgalthesportsgal member
    edited October 2014
    Yes.  The front seat doesn't have a metal track to wrap the tether connector around. 

ETA So at that point, she says to leave it untethered so I guess I will do that, unless anyone has any suggestions for the Australian style tether...;)

• Options
    I have zero intent to rear tether the Marathon I was given today. #badparent
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have zero intent to rear tether the Marathon I was given today. #badparent

It took all day for someone to just say it! Thanks, that's what I was waiting for ;)

• Options
    Yeah, I was always told not to rear tether seats so while the Marathon is one of the few, just not going to do it. 
  • Options
    Is that illegal? #rulebreaker
  • Options
    FWIW I joined the facebook group "car seats for the littles" and have learned SO much about car seat safety. It is a closed group but you just have to request to join. Seriously so worth the space on my newsfeed! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"