We are pregnant and due with our second child the last week of January. We have a very healthy and happy 3 1/2 year old boy, who was delovered C-Section.
Once i had hit 40 weeks, my doctor had asked me what I wanted to do. He said, if you want to induce, I can make an appointment for you. If you want to wait, that's ok too, but nothing good happens after 42 weeks. Since I really wanted my little guy to come on his own and have "the experience", I opted to wait. This went on for 2 more weeks. On the day that marked my official 42 weeks which was a Sunday, I went into the hospital that evening to start the process. Since I wasn't dialated at all, they started me on cervadil, and then on Monday morning, started the pitocin. Doc came in around 5pm, and I was about 3cm, so it had been working but working slowly. Around 7pm, they took me off everything, I showered, ate, and got put back on at midnight.
I was on the pitocin throughout Monday evening into Tuesday morning. My doc woke me up around 5am, and I was still only 3cm, SO he stripped the membranes.....HOLY CRAP. Then things started moving along. I was able to get my epidural around 10am, and from then on I was pretty comfortable, and progressing. Around 7pm, I made it to 10cm, and started pushing. We pushed for and hour and a half, and unfortunately, he was just too big. So we went in for a C-section.
Lost a lot of blood in surgery and have to have a blood transfusion the next day.
Needless to say, the labor/birth wasn't ideal, and wasn't what I had hoped for, but I have a healthy child, and thats all that matters.
My question is, has anyone else gone through a rough one like this, and had a successful VBAC after? I've read up on pros and cons of both options, and I really just want to take the safest route, but thought i would ask here as well.