March 2014 Moms

UO (10/23)

2»

Re: UO (10/23)

• fish8412fish8412 member
    edited October 2014

fish8412 said:

LO doesn't have a Sophie the giraffe. I think it's dangerous, stupid, and overpriced.

Dangerous?
    Its legs can get lodged in a baby's throat.
  • Loading the player...
  • fish8412 said:

fish8412 said:

LO doesn't have a Sophie the giraffe. I think it's dangerous, stupid, and overpriced.

Dangerous?
    Its legs can get lodged in a baby's throat.
    Oh FFS. Is there anything that isn't a deadly weapon in the hands of a baby? Just watch your kid... Mine is currently playing with measuring spoons. Choking hazard? (:|

Long/straight objects are choking hazards to babies.
  • FFwifey said:

nlane0723 said:

Baby1Dany said:

@nlane0723‌ you missed the point. I was not defending those who harm others. To restate: I in no way was I defending offenders. My point was how does sterilization alone fit the crime and how does it work toward rehabilitation? It doesn't. It is eye for an eye, but not even equivalent. A 7 year old is raped and the person who rapes him/her is sterilized!? How is that a fitting punishment. Sure they can't reproduce, but how does that prevent it from happening in the future? In case you can't tell, I'm suggesting it is not sufficient a punishment and it does not fit the crime. 

Also, you are failing to realize or blindly assuming that all those who harm others are psychologically sound. You could not be more wrong. Yes, some, some aren't. Closed minded. But according to you, sterilization for all! 

Finally, No I have never been abused. And I can't imagine the pain those who have been go through and I would never wish it in anyone. For the record though, you can keep your 'proven' statistics to yourself, and call it what it is. Your opinion. Recidivism is a problem. Yes. A big one. Rehabilitation doesn't always work. Nothing is fail proof. What numbers are reported by the media? The ones representing those who reoffend. Why? One reasons is likely because the masses of those who don't reoffend aren't newsworthy. By the way, Yes I am tried in forensic psychology by the top psychologist in Canada. I am also a developmental psychologist. So I am aware of the cognitive and psychological damage of abuse. And the damage doesn't stop there.

However, this is not a debate about how bad offenders are... It's a debate regarding whether sterilization should be used as a form of punishment and I firmly stand on the not side. 

For you with your proven statistics:
     Q1: how does it provide punishment? 
     Q2: how does it prevent recidivism?

edit: formatting and a word.
    Frankly, I think child rapists should be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, but that rarely, if ever happens. If you're in prison, you cannot rape a child.

Your assumptions about my intelligence and/or my failure to have knowledge about the psychological soundness of an offender is completely unfounded. I specifically stated that each case should be reviewed on a case by case basis.

In addition, my statistics aren't from the media, they are from the Bureau of Justice, which provides statistics on those who do and do not reoffend.

Sterilization can reduce urges, which could result in the possibility of recidivism. I could think of a more applicable punishment, but it will never happen.

Also, I am a strong proponent of the death penalty.

How does Canada punish child molesters? Slap on the wrist?

And for the record, a significant amount of child molesters are never convicted because their victims are too scared to testify in court.
    Wow... Insulting our country? Offside.
    It was a legitimate question. The US does the same shit.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Baby1Dany said:

nlane0723 said:
    I think a punishment for child abusers, killers, etc. should be court ordered sterilization not rehabilitation.

Also, let not forget that the original opinion what that punishment for child abusers, and killers ETC, is court ordered sterilization.  

How does sterilization punish a child killer? A child abuser? I can at least see the leap to why you said this about child sex offenders.
    I don't think "animals" who abuse and/or children should have the right to reproduce. If you cannot appreciate and respect the innocent life of a child, you shouldn't get the opportunity to bring an innocent child into your shitty fucking life.

TTC since 2011
  • My UO is I don't believe in the death penalty.

Woah. I went into a deep one right there.
  • Baby1Dany said:

nlane0723 said:

Baby1Dany said:

nlane0723 said:
    I think a punishment for child abusers, killers, etc. should be court ordered sterilization not rehabilitation.

Also, let not forget that the original opinion what that punishment for child abusers, and killers ETC, is court ordered sterilization.  

How does sterilization punish a child killer? A child abuser? I can at least see the leap to why you said this about child sex offenders.
    I don't think "animals" who abuse and/or children should have the right to reproduce. If you cannot appreciate and respect the innocent life of a child, you shouldn't get the opportunity to bring an innocent child into your shitty fucking life.
    ??? Hmm. How does this follow or respond to my comments. Because I don't think sterilization is a sufficient punishment, you think I shouldn't have the right to have a child and that I don't respect the innocence of children. This have stopped being a debate between two people with different opinions and is now an hateful. Moving on...
    This stopped being a debate when you ASSumed I was attacking you. You = offenders, not you specifically. Lol @ hateful.

TTC since 2011
  • I do all of my recipes off of pinterest. It's my go to recipe book. 
  • Baby1Dany said:
    Let me try this again, coffee in hand.

nlane0723 said:
    nlane0723 said:

So those that harm children should not have the right to reproduce. Ok. Lets play this game. So their right to reproduce has been taken away. They have been sterilized, rendering them infertile. So they are unable to abuse their own children. How does sterilization prevent them from abusing children! Castration, or as blonderedhead said "cut it off", sure, now can not penetrate children. How does this prevent them from sexually abusing them or other ways, or even further, abusing or killing them? It doesn't.

My point: sterilization is not a sufficient punishment. It does not remove the ability to harm.

you are right just proved the point Convicted sex offender/ rapist = death

bingo that was easy

dang I left too early I guess.

I am pro death penalty it's been discussed here before

I am Pro cutting off of penis, hand, etc And Death penalty of rapists, child molesters, etc

Chemical sterilization is a fucking joke

• My UO:
    I find it somewhat humorous that the 2 topics of conversation here are: child molesters/abusers (crime & punishment) and Pinterest recipes.

1. I don't use Pinterest and rarely follow a recipe.
    2. Not all child abusers/rapist/molesters/pedophiles are men. (I know you all know this). So 'cutting it off' wouldn't work for females obviously.
    3. Regarding punishment in Canada:
    a) I know a man who was charged & convicted. He was ordered to not have contact with the child (his daughter). He and his wife separated when the daughter was around 10. They reunited when the daughter was 15. The daughter lived in a garage apartment on the property. (This would be defying the court order) * not sure how they got around it. ** to my knowledge he has not reoffended or been accused by anyone since
    b) I also know a man who was charged & convicted. He was sentenced to 5 years in prison. He is out now.
    c) I know several men that have been accused, though never charged...one guy lost his job because of it, one lost many friends.
    *** I know all these people personally.

I don't know what my exact feeling is on what the punishment should be. I think maybe there should be degrees to the punishment, if that makes sense.
    (Ex. Speeding. A little fast, vs racing, vs something that kills another person...KWIM?)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"