May 2015 Moms
Options

First Week of May-ers/ What's happening?

Re: First Week of May-ers/ What's happening?

• Options
    chetasuchetasu member
    edited October 2014
    EDD May 7th here. I've been gloating to everyone that I've had no MS for weeks. So how do I feel going into week 11? Like I'm one step away from puking. Headaches, nausea, and an aversion to almost all foods that aren't carbs. I'm reading "Little Earthquakes" and one of the characters, Becky, had the same thing: only exhaustion during the first trimester but then MS during the second. My stomach is also starting to get harder, if that makes any sense.

BabyFruit Ticker

Siggy challenge:

• Options
    How great! @JerseyAKL
    My next appointment is 16 days away and it's killing me!! I'm hoping for a surprise ultrasound too! ;) Was it a transabdominal ultrasound?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due May 2nd and been feeling terrible - exhausted, nauseous (no actual m/s though!), sore boobs, food aversions.....things haven't been so bad the last week or so, until tonight where my stomach feels so bloated I can't eat!

I live in the UK so have my first US next Tuesday. I'm so jealous of all of you who have heard/seen your little ones already! I'm incredibly nervous for the appt. Just hope everything is ok!
  • Options
    @Jerseyakl wonderful!!!! Thanks for telling us! ☺
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    May 4th here!

I had my first u/s at 7w, the next one is this upcoming Monday at 12w where the NTT will get done as well. I am having a colposcopy on Friday and I plan on asking the doctor if he can try using a doppler, i'm not sure if he will but it's worth a shot (even though i'll have an u/s 3 days later). I am just anxious to hear a heartbeat and afraid of a missed miscarriage. Great to hear from the early-May moms!
    BFP #1 - 1-2014 - edd 9-28-14 - mmc - discovered by u/s @ 11wks - D&C
    BFP #2 - 8-24-2014 - edd 5-4-15 - hoping for the best!
  • Options
    Question, have any of you ladies given up deli meats?
    Pregnancy Ticker       
                                                BFP: September 1st, 2014
                                                   EDD: May 2nd, 2015

• Options
    I have been heating deli meat up as of yesterday.. Doesn't make me want to be sick but makes it a toasted sandwich... Just to be sure. Curious if others do the same. In other news I am 12 weeks on Tuesday and thought I was over the hump... But woke up sick today! Oh well!!
  • Options
    @bwisco123‌ @jmmacdonald‌ Thank you ladies! I had a complete freak out yesterday because I saw that deli meats were advised against, and I have been eating Subway non stop. It was literally the only food that didn't make me feel sick or give me horrible acid reflux.

@elliamanda83‌ That's awesome that you got one! All that movement is exciting to see! Next stop is all of us having to wait to feel the baby kick! Going to seem like forever!

Is anyone finding out the sex, or waiting?
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    May 4th here.  I'm considered a high risk pregnancy so I've already gotten to have 3 ultrasounds - I suppose that is the perk of having to worry 24/7?
  • Options
    @frig0018‌ I'm in the same boat! Although I don't know if we worry as much or the same as other mamas! But it's nice to have all these cool u/s to ease my mind ;)
  • Options
    May 4th here. My rainbow finally surpassed it's brother or sister in time. I'm not out of the emotional waters yet. But at least I am hungry again. And I swear if I don't get on a regular bowel schedule I may explode. Other than that. Baby has a good heartbeat and I have been feeling slight flutters. And having weird dreams.
  • Options
    May 3rd here! I feel amazing. I've been so lucky this whole pregnancy with no morning sickness. I do have a sch and back pain but so far nothing too bad. I'm so excited to be at 12 weeks!! My nt scan is this week and I hope to see the sch going down in size and a healthy little babe in there.
  • Options
    12 wks today and terrible headache. It started last night and was still with me when I woke up. I hate taking meds so I'm really hoping it will go away on its own. Really don't feel like working but I just had a week off.
    Sorry for complaining, just need to get it out. I read that headaches will replace ms but I have an upset stomach and headache. Blah.
  • Options
    @Plum23‌ I have been getting them daily, usually around the evening. I finally broke down and took some Tylenol. It made it easier to deal with, but still nagging away. Good luck and feel better! Water and rest help too!
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    I'm still extremely nauseas but I'm praying it goes away soon. My breasts are only sore sometimes. I am BLOATED and have MAJOR trapped gas which does not help with the nausea. My husband is losing weight and I haven't gained any but I look/feel like I have because im so bloated. I also noticed I have the dark line on my tummy today! It's pretty cool :) it only goes to my belly button. I'm exhausted all day and restless at night and I hear this will only get worse. The joys of pregnancy :)
  • Options
    Plum23 said:

12 wks today and terrible headache. It started last night and was still with me when I woke up. I hate taking meds so I'm really hoping it will go away on its own. Really don't feel like working but I just had a week off.
    Sorry for complaining, just need to get it out. I read that headaches will replace ms but I have an upset stomach and headache. Blah.

I suffered from this recently. I even spent a day in the ER, the pain was so incredible. Since Tylenol didn't work for me, I did the following:
    -slept as much as possible
    -ice pack to the back of my head above your next
    -added vitamin c to my pre-natals
    -changed my eating schedule to every 2 hours.
    -ate fruits, veggies, protein for those meals
    -drank ~12oz of water every 15 minutes for the first couple of days. It was so hard

The Dr didn't have anything really to say about it. But they did say that at this point in the pregnancy, I could take excedrin migraine if I was in really terrible pain.

It took about 4 days for me to shake it but now it's gone from a constant 8 (on a 1-10 on pain) to randomly pooping up but never worse than a 3.

Feel better!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm due may 5th, and I'm 12 weeks today. Been getting vertigo all last week, had extremely low blood pressure and had to go in an IV drip last week, also got a week off from work. Apart from low blood pressure and extreme dizziness.. Haven't had morning sickness or anything like that..Just some nausea..have my next anc appointment on 29th, but Have appointment with a private clinic on 25th as well just to be safe. good luck to everyone.. really hope all goes well for everyone.
  • Options
    11w6d today and we had a surprise u/s at our appointment since little babe was hard to find on the doppler. I saw those little arms and legs going crazy and I could not stop laugh/crying. So cute! We have our NT scan on Thursday so we will get to see little one twice in one week :) I hope everyone is doing well this week!
  • Options
    roundtwoOMGroundtwoOMG member
    edited October 2014
    12w1d today according to our NT scan that we had today! Everything looked good and it was so cute to see it bouncing around! Getting the Harmony nipt on Friday - a little behind schedule but hopefully it gives me some peace of mind.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Im due May 5th.I was starting to feel really good, but today nausea and dizziness came back with a vengence! Ultrasound at 9 weks showed strong heartbeat and I am able to find the heartbeat with my home doppler easily. Babies heart rate is 160-170 bpm. Im very short, barely 5 feet and my pants aren't fitting so well. I think its because my torso is so short that everything else is being pushed up. Im wearing maternity jeans now and they are great :) 
  • Options
    I'm 11 weeks, 4 days. Has anyone else put on quite a bit of weight? I have put on 7 pounds. This is my first pregnancy but I think that is just way too much. Still extremely constipated.
  • Options
    I am 11w5d, and feeling ok.

Pros: I feel finally that I am out of the first trimester risk, since today (almost 12 weeks) and I heard a very strong heartbeat.

Cons: My boobs are killing me!! I still have weird nausea at random times, and almost every morning. And I have been depressed...which sucks, because I would love to actually feel excited. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @happy924‌ Yes! I have too put on about 7 pounds. I use to smoke and quit immediately after I found out at 5 weeks. I think that has something to do with it too. I am also having trouble using the bathroom at times. For me, it's been broccoli and fiber gummies that help me out.

I am still bloated. I lost 30 lbs before conceiving so my new clothes just fit and felt really weird buying maternity pants so soon, but this bloat is something else!

How is everyone else feeling this week? We are all upcoming to that 13 week mark! Has everyone announced to family/friends yet?

:D
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    12weeks and 4 days here... I have lost 1 lb since my BFP at 5 weeks....... and I am not one of the pukers (no morning sickness) so it seems slightly concerning.  I'm chalking it up to the lack of beer drinking is making me even out?? lol I don't know.

Feeling pretty good overall. Can't wait for U/S and NT scan on Thursday afternoon!! Want to see that little baby again so bad! Then planning to announce to the world this weekend! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

12weeks and 4 days here... I have lost 1 lb since my BFP at 5 weeks....... and I am not one of the pukers (no morning sickness) so it seems slightly concerning.  I'm chalking it up to the lack of beer drinking is making me even out?? lol I don't know.

Feeling pretty good overall. Can't wait for U/S and NT scan on Thursday afternoon!! Want to see that little baby again so bad! Then planning to announce to the world this weekend! 
    Let us know how it all goes!!
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options

Put on about 5 lbs (12 weeks today) and had my u/s and NT done today and it all went splendidly! Nausea decided to kick in last week which is really nice but IDGAF bc seeing little bubble move around like a maniac brought so much happiness after so many sad visits.
    - Happiest Lady Around

Happy for you! My MW hasn't asked about a the NT scan, weird. Your u/s pic is amazing. I only have my first one from 6 weeks. Hard to believe we are almost out of that first tri!
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    We are almost at 13wks! How is everyone doing? Insomnia after getting up to pee at night is getting old fast! Hope everyone is doing well! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    I'm due may 8th! So for the last couple of weeks my m/s has subsided and I've been able to work out and eat clean with no issues, BUT It has been on and off though for the past 5 or 6 days. Today drinking water makes me want to barf.. Hopefully it'll go away towards the end of the day/afternoon!!
  • Options
    got labeled high risk this week. waiting for test results. i think this will be the longest 1-2 weeks of my life. has anyone else heard of a high hcg level during week 12? i am definitely only having one baby and i think everything else looks okay. so much anxiety. any insight is appreciated!
  • Options

got labeled high risk this week. waiting for test results. i think this will be the longest 1-2 weeks of my life. has anyone else heard of a high hcg level during week 12? i am definitely only having one baby and i think everything else looks okay. so much anxiety. any insight is appreciated!

I could be wrong, but I once read on a different board that sometimes the Placenta could produce more than average. I've never heard of anyone I know, at least, have that issue. I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears open so if I find/see anything I'll be sure to let you know. Fingers, eyes, and toes crossed everything goes well for you. Let us know how it all goes!
    :)
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    bwisco123 said:

We are almost at 13wks! How is everyone doing? Insomnia after getting up to pee at night is getting old fast! Hope everyone is doing well! :)

YUP!!!! This gets old SO fast.  I'm feeling actually pretty good. My back has started hurting too - not sure if it's from how I sleep or what. The headaches are killer but so far today is ok!  Going in tomorrow at 13w for one last "everything is okay" Fingers Crossed appointment.  So very excited!

Yay! Keep us informed on here too, even if you post in the appointment thread. I don't have mine until November 10th! So close but oh so far too! @bwisco123‌
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    I also have to add @bwisco123‌, that while insomnia is in full gear, having a sleeping husband next to me made me so mad. Lol. I wanted to kick him just to wake him up, because I was so jealous of him!
    Pregnancy Ticker       

• Options
    @MrsTAmaral, I have to agree with you on that!!! 

I'm 11 weeks 6 days, seem to be having less of an appetite and this constant nagging headache! I feel like this is weird considering I haven't had much m/s up until now? i just can't wait to get out of this first trimester risk period. love reading what you ladies have to say everyday!

• Options
    May 7th here! Delivering April 30 or May 1. MS has subsided at least 75 % thank gaawwwwd! I have been sick day and night up until 4 days ago. Insomnia is killllllin' me. Cant sleep at night and have two kids to get ready for school every morning. Gah! Although this pregnancy has been (i wont say worse) more "extreme", than the other two, im glad ive had more symptoms because its more reassuring. Im terrified of a MMC. Im pretty sure i felt a slight flutter this morning so that gave me a bit of peace. I go for my NT Monday and praying we get to see if there is indoor or outdoor plumbing!

Oh! And by the hand of God, i FINALLY have some energy again! (Diagnosed with moderate-severe anemia) I was wandering around like a zombie the last 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Doctor is concerned that I may have a subchrionic hemmorage, but I haven't had any bleeding and am 11 days and 5 days (just shy of first week of May). So I'm hoping everything goes ok because the heartbeat was strong. If I end up on bed rest this early, I'm going to go insane.
  • Options
    I am May 8, so technically second week of May, but I just wanted to say that lack of nausea is not a bad thing! I didn't have any with my daughter, and I barely have any this time, but all was well then and all is well (so far) now. It's just a genetic predisposition, and some women never feel that bad. Enjoy it!

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Starting to feel much better... But still tired!!! Due May 5 and have apt 1 week from today to hear that HB! Ready to start 2nd tri!!!
  • Options
    EED May 1 here!! I am so very very grateful to not feel nauseous anymore. The exhaustion hasn't left me for a single minute (as I yawn while typing this). I actually fell asleep last night on my couch waiting for my friend to text me when to leave (we were meeting each other). I was a half hour late. Whoops a daisy!

I am SO looking forward to the second trimester. I scheduled a celebratory hair appointment! I'm starting to get anxiously impatient about finding out sex. I just want to buy cute things already!!
    It's a girl!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"