Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

New here

Hi everyone.  I found out about a week and a half ago (I was 11 weeks) that my baby had passed on.  It was a complete shock since I had no bleeding or cramping and I naively thought I was almost in the clear being 11 weeks.  I have never been so sad in my life.  

I still haven't miscarried, but I think I am going the cytotec route on Saturday.  For some reason I am so nervous to take it.  I worry it's going to be awful and I also worry that it won't work.  My midwife said it sometimes takes two doses, but I really hope it works quickly the first time. 

Anyway, I wanted to stop in and make myself known.  I will try to post occasionally (probably more later on), it's just been really hard to bring myself back to the boards.  I am so so sorry you all have had to go through this.  I always thought miscarriage was horribly sad, but I now realize it is so much deeper than that.  The heartbreaking and numbing pain is completely indescribable as I know you all understand.

Re: New here

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I also found out we had lost our baby at 11w after thinking we were so close to being safe. It is devastating and I'm so sorry you have to go through it too. I had a D&C so I don't have experience with cytotec but I would recommend going to the "Advice and Experience" thread at the top of the board. There is a link in there to a thread where women share their experience with cytotec, it may be helpful to you. ((Hugs))
    Married: 4/28/12
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• Options
    I am very sorry for your loss. I found out when I should have been 9 weeks that the baby stopped growing. It was also a shock to me because I had no symptoms of a miscarriage and still felt pregnant. 

I also opted for Cytotec and my doctor gave me three doses. I used all three doses and it was a rough experience. I just want to warn you there is extreme pain, nauseau and I even had a fever of 101 for most of the day. I had to do all three doses because I had very little bleeding. My bleeding didn't actually start until the following day (after the three doses). I managed to pass the sac but come Monday still had some "products of conception" left as they called it. They told me for now to wait it out and I have now been bleeding for 10 days. I'm hoping the rest comes out on its own but it was disappointing that I went through the Cytotec and it is still dragging on. I know it works for a lot of people but it didn't fully work for me.

Good luck and I'm so sorry again.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hope everything goes ok this weekend.
    Me: 30 DH: 30 ~ TTC #1 Since August 2011 
    BFP #1 2/28/13, Ectopic, Tubal surgery 3/25 
    Began RE testing 8/8, Dx Unexplained, 
    IUI #1 11/1=BFN Moving on to IVF 
    IVF #1 12/2 ER 8R 7M 4 fertilized
    12/7 Transferred 2 "perfect" little blasts 12/17 BFN
    New DX= DOR, I fu*kng hate IF
    1/14 Hysteroscopy, new clean uterus!
    IVF #2: bcp, Lupron, follistim 300, menopur 225. 2/21 8R 4M 3F. 3dt of 2 perfect embryos. 1 little penguin 
     3/10 BFFN
    Regrouping. Seeing reproductive immunologist Dr. Kwak Kim 6/10 
    Kwak Kim protocol: Metformin 1000mg, vitamin D 4000iu, vitamin E 400iu, baby aspirin, Metanx, levothyroxine 75mcgs 
     Surprise BFP 9/21!!! Beta #1 247, Beta #2 630. Miscarried 10/13

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Married to a wonderful man

TTC since 2001

4 losses - last one in september 2014 (9 weeks - male trisomy 15)

High FSH and low ovarian reserve

Ever hopeful that one day my dreams will come true
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  
    I had a missed m/c with my first loss, and went the cytotec route.  It's definitely not a walk in the park, but I had decided I'd rather be at home than go in and under anesthesia for a D+C.
    Again, so sorry.  :( 

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I'm so sorry... You described it perfectly.
  • Options

when i found about at 12weeks(to the day) that i had a mmc...i was devastated..and TERRIFIED of the d&c they scheduled me for. I also had no symptoms and thought i was in the clear once i hit 12 weeks. That night...i started spotting..two days later, they gave me HALF a dose of cytotec in preparation for my d&c. It was supposed to soften my cervix. instead, because im a special snowflake, it cause me to have contractions from 830pm until my surgery the next morning. I ended up passing the baby as a result of that half a dose of cytotec. They decided to still give me the d&c cause i still had some tissue in my cervix and they wanted to ensure it was all out.

Because im so "special" i cant tell you how cytotec will effect you. But i can tell you that my d&c was a breeze and i wish i had gone that route instead of the cytotec. i was fine after the surgery with no pain. The decision is of course up to you and your doctor but i just wanted to share so you know if you HAVE to go the d&c route..its not as bad as you may be picturing. So sorry for your loss..and best of luck to you.

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"